Remove Advertisements

What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Postby Morax » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 am

Downed Vezax last night as Ret.
Needed a bunch of tries and a little bit of Luck.

Used Sacred Shield, Speed of Light and Holy Avenger.
Walked to the wall behind and pulled with my back to the wall. 3 HP - Inquisition - every Cooldown and nuke. He won't kick me, and the black Spots increase dps. At some point I need to heal,so run out LOH and continue. Used Speed of Light to avoid his damage buff and downed him afterwards. Tried to interrupt the armor debuff as much as possible.

Yogg was easy. Tried + 0, but the Adds in P3 won't die and regain full Health. Added Thorim, but missed some healing and died.
With +4 it was a joke.

Full clear and only 2 plate and 0 set items for transmog :-(
Morax

Postby Thels » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 am

Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but I accidentally soloed 2nd boss HC Shado-Pan Monastery, when apparently all four others were idling behind the wall thing. Was easy, just boringly long.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby DisRuptive1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Can we get an actual listing of what we can solo rather than how to solo various fights?
DisRuptive1

Postby Thels » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 am

Thels wrote:Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but I accidentally soloed 2nd boss HC Shado-Pan Monastery, when apparently all four others were idling behind the wall thing. Was easy, just boringly long.
I should be more careful or something, dunno.

Not a big surprise, but the endboss for Scholomance is also soloable on HC. He doesn't even give Harsh Lessons.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Rhagen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 am

Alysrazor from Firelands is soloable
I can imagine Beth'ilac and possibly shannox is as well
Not sure about Rhyolith.
Majordomo maybe, with enough dps
Baleroc im not sure, he doesnt spawn shards when solo but decimation blades scare the crap out of me.
Rhagen

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Alysrazor is incredibly easy as Protection thanks to haste scaling. It can also be done as Retribution, but you either have to clear the trash before Rhyolith and fly there to avoid the ground phase(s) (the boss will come flying to you) or pop some cooldowns to survive. Just go Prot and faceroll it.

I wanted to try soloing Beth for the normal version of the shield she drops, but I just could not kill the big giant trash mob leading up to her.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm

DisRuptive1 wrote:Can we get an actual listing of what we can solo rather than how to solo various fights?

Classic
Pretty much everything is soloable. Go ret, nothing will hit hard enough to kill you at level 90. Some of the more tricky ones:

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj ("AQ40")
Viscidus - Go retribution and get some form of frost damage. I recommend getting the polearm from the frost witches in storm peaks that procs frost damage. Get him low, then equip your frost weapon until he freezes. Then pop Guardian to help you get enough attacks on him to shatter him.

Twin Emperors - You just need to do enough damage to out-dps their healing. Don't worry about them being close together and feel free to cleave. In fact you should really cleave as much as possible since if you only touch one of them you can also only loot one of them.

C'thun - not really that hard since 5.1. When you enter the brain room, quickly kill the tentacles and get out. Bubble if you're having trouble doing enough DPS.

Razorgore (Blackwing Lair)
Go retribution and kill the 3 guards and use the mind control device ASAP. You no longer have to target Razorgore to use the device - just click it and you're good to go. The trick is to kill as many eggs as you can on the far (right) side of the room before the channel ends. Once it ends, pop all your cooldowns and AoE the adds near the console before clicking the orb again. Kill the rest of the eggs before your second channel runs out, then kill Razorgore.

Burning Crusade
Again, mostly everything is easily facerolled as Retribution. I think the only exception is Lady Vashj, you better grab a friend or two for that one.

More tips for the more tricky ones:

High King Maulgar (Gruul's Lair)
Divine Shield is your best friend. Pop all your cooldowns during bubble and just AoE half the bosses down. If you feel you don't have enough DPS to not get 2-3 of them down during your bubble, just focus on Maulgar. He only has 500k HP and you can loot him (and proceed to Gruul) even if you don't kill his friends.

Kael'thas (Tempest Keep)
Easy peasy as Retribution. Kill the first two advisors at the end part of the room (near where you enter) to give yourself some time for the council phase. When you get to the council phase, pop Divine Shield + all your cooldowns and burst the mage lady down. Bonus points if you wait for the stun debuff before you pop it to also remove that mechanic. Kill order should be Capernian (mage lady) > Telonicus (engineer) > Lord Sanguinar (fearing guy) > Thaladred (slow guy).

In the last phase, make sure you stand at maximum melee range to avoid the debuff. When you get thrown in the air, fly down close to the floor (but don't land) so that you don't die from fall damage when it ends. As long as you don't land you won't get thrown further up.

And that's all I had energy to write about for now.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Kai » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 am

Newsom wrote:Alysrazor is incredibly easy as Protection thanks to haste scaling. It can also be done as Retribution, but you either have to clear the trash before Rhyolith and fly there to avoid the ground phase(s) (the boss will come flying to you) or pop some cooldowns to survive. Just go Prot and faceroll it.

I wanted to try soloing Beth for the normal version of the shield she drops, but I just could not kill the big giant trash mob leading up to her.

it's very easily soloable as holy too. dps kinda sucks and you have to do two tornado phases, but obviously you can't possibly die during those, so it just takes a few extra minutes. no need to clear any other trash either, just land outside the gate and heal through the bird hitting you.

had some problems when I tried on my spriest though, when landing outside during tornado phase, the two big birds that fixate on tanks (if you do it the normal way) figured it was a great time to run through the gate and kill me. I guess it's those stupid shadow orbs that aggro them. :(
Kai

Postby Darielle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Viscidus - Go retribution and get some form of frost damage. I recommend getting the polearm from the frost witches in storm peaks that procs frost damage. Get him low, then equip your frost weapon until he freezes. Then pop Guardian to help you get enough attacks on him to shatter him.

The Elemental Force enchant from Pandaria counts as Frost Damage and can be put on any weapon.
Darielle

Previous

Return to General Strats