Remove Advertisements

Mysticknight's Feng The Accursed Guide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Mysticknight's Feng The Accursed Guide

Postby Mysticknight » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello everyone, Today I completed Sweet Victory's 10Man Normal Guide to doing Mogu'Shan Vaults-Feng The Accursed. I will also be writing up a 25man Version of this Guide, and release the 10M video guide soon. If I get good feedback I'll release more guides to all the encounters.

Here is the link to the guide.
http://sweetvictory-thrall.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8768887&gid=223701

Mysticknight
Mysticknight

Re: [10N] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Feng The Accursed Guide

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

For discussion purposes I think it would be better to include the full text in the post rather than just linking to your guide writeup.

Nice diagrams! Some things of note:
- Arcane Resonance is the debuff in P3, it has 6yd range and cannot be cast on melee (so they can stack).
- Every Epicenter in P1 can be handled between Reversal (Lightning Fists) and Barrier.
- We found that it was much more dangerous to clump and CD the Arcane Velocity because the Resonance timing changes so much (the debuff goes out before the first Velocity, during the second and third, and after the fourth). Even a single tick of Resonance on a stacked raid will be an instant wipe, while the Velocity really doesn't hurt that much at ~6-10yd away.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

Like Psiven said, you can handle all epicenters in P1 with barrer and the spellsteal one.
This is however not 100% reliable, as sometimes he doesnt seem to wanna cast a single lightning fist between 2 Epicenters.
Treck

Postby Jaitee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Treck wrote:Like Psiven said, you can handle all epicenters in P1 with barrer and the spellsteal one.
This is however not 100% reliable, as sometimes he doesnt seem to wanna cast a single lightning fist between 2 Epicenters.

first attempt we tried to stun him out of every second epicentre he didnt do a single lightning fist except the one just after an epicentre which my spell steal buff would fade from before the next epicentre we eventually just set up a CD rotation with me trying to get the stun every time and if i managed to get it pushed back the CDs (including nullification barrier)
Jaitee

Postby Mysticknight » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 pm

PsiVen wrote:For discussion purposes I think it would be better to include the full text in the post rather than just linking to your guide writeup..
I would love to do a full post on here but it seems this site wont allow full BBC or HTML, it would take a lot of effort to recode the guide i've made, so that's why i at lease would like to share it with others by placing a link.

PsiVen wrote:Nice diagrams! Some things of note:
- Arcane Resonance is the debuff in P3, it has 6yd range and cannot be cast on melee (so they can stack).
- Every Epicenter in P1 can be handled between Reversal (Lightning Fists) and Barrier.
- We found that it was much more dangerous to clump and CD the Arcane Velocity because the Resonance timing changes so much (the debuff goes out before the first Velocity, during the second and third, and after the fourth). Even a single tick of Resonance on a stacked raid will be an instant wipe, while the Velocity really doesn't hurt that much at ~6-10yd away.

Thank you!,

I just made this guide as how we did it, I'm sure other strategy will work also, but this is what we did. Yes we normally have melee up on the boss either way so more of a cluster then a stack.

I was the Barrier tank so i didn't have much exp with the reversals, we normally had the other tank use that on the epicenter, since it was quite easy to steal and added extra damage on the boss.

we didn't have too much issues with Veloctiy at all, we just kept all range spread out till someone was picked and the other stacked up, popping a personal cool down if they were picked and focus some extra healing on them, we just popped shield when ever it was up and a raid cd if it was down.
Mysticknight

Postby Schroom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:01 pm

we are doing 25 man an are having trouble in P3.

even though we stack together. People die as they get 50k damge every second from arcane velocity while stacking inside the boss :cry:
Schroom

Postby Hespherus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 am

What other smart uses you can give to the shroud of reversal. Ive seen on LFR tank doing 10M damage to the boss with epicenter...:o
Hespherus

Postby Forgrim » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:26 am

Schroom wrote:we are doing 25 man an are having trouble in P3.

even though we stack together. People die as they get 50k damge every second from arcane velocity while stacking inside the boss :cry:

25 is definetly harder in this fight, just straight up damage. the way we do it is we don't have barrier going into p3 so we use cd's in the middle when we run in, then run out when 2 seconds are left in the cast time. then we can stabilize our health and watch for resonance. the second one, when we run in, we have barrier, which cuts down all damage. Then the third velocity, we pop remaining cd's and bloodlust and win.
Forgrim

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah we basically steamrolled phase 3 on 10-man last week with relatively few issues, but 25-man was a much tougher healing check. Your ranged/healers have to be 100% on the ball about dancing in and out based on the debuff timers so they are never in danger of resonating on the stack but are also standing with the stack as much as possible so the healers can keep everyone up.

Raid cooldowns will help a lot here, but just remember that once the debuffs go out you have a decent amount of time to just stack and AoE heal, make sure your ranged/healers are using their movement abilities to get back to the pile ASAP so they can get topped off (disengage, blink, lock port, etc.). We had our range move out of the stack 2 seconds before the end of the velocity cast to prevent any issues.

Also yell repeatedly when you use the immunity bubble in p3, it's hard to notice sometimes with the animation for velocity and a lot of times our ranged would screw up a good p3 attempt because they just didn't move in.
baleogthefierce

Postby oldboyz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 am

hi there

juste made a few try on this guy. How do handle precisely the steal of his fist spell? (first try : no barrier, just CD raid all the way!!)

regaring the Reversal, from what i' tested :
-you have to tarket the other tank
-then once you click the Reversal, you start channeling. when your target is hit with a specical while you'r channeling you get it (or is it once you end the channeling) i've had some hurry to do it while dpsing the boss
(i'm thinking about a macro : tar and usebutton kind of)

how do you rotation between the 2 tank? stack debuff and steal period (let's say MT1-barrier and MT2-reversal).
we didn't felt the stacks were very hurtly
t0 : MT1 taunt boss - MT2 wait for the annonce of the fist rechearch, then start channeling
T1 : 1st epicenter is interrupted, then MT2 taunt the boss
t2 : mt2 barrier, then taunt the boss
rince&repet

am i correct?
oldboyz

Re: Mysticknight's Feng The Accursed Guide

Postby Ironshield » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:39 am

Had my first post-sproglet raid last night and I completely failed at my Shroud of Reversal duties. I tried it with the default UI on the first attempt, didn't come anywhere close to clicking my focus target then the extra button all in the pretty quick cast time. Then made a:
Code: Select all
/tar <other tank>
/click ExtraActionButton1
/tar Feng

And this also was a bit of a fail. Sometimes I would get the spell but it always seemed to be when I was sure I'd missed it.

Would it not be possible to do a:
/tar <Feng's Target>

or
@targettarget

type thing to cast this? because the /tar other tank, doesn't work so well when I'm tanking him myself.

Any advice for a rusty tank?
Ironshield

Re: Mysticknight's Feng The Accursed Guide

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

What are you trying to catch with the Shroud of Reversal? Keep in mind that this fight is solo-tankable, so there is, technically, no requirement to use Shroud of Reversal at all.

If you're talking about heroic mode, then just assign a player to run out and chase the lightning stun and cast your shroud on him before he does it. If you're doing normal mode and you feel it's really important that you stun the boss, then point the boss facing away from the raid and away from the wall and do the same thing -- have someone chase it down and have your shroud channelling on them. The rest of the abilities that the boss uses are fine to reverse, but nowhere near necessary.
Belloc

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)