Remove Advertisements

What can we solo on our level 85 paladins?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: What can we solo on our level 85 paladins?

Postby rodos » Tue May 01, 2012 6:05 pm

econ21 wrote:
rodos wrote:Now they just need to change it so you can get past the first boss solo.

Someone on this forum told me that you can solo it if you have a warrior tank (blood craze talent being the trick here) or, I think it was, druid. I even created a free account so I could play a shuffle with creating my own raid (freebie level 10 invites warrior tank to group, forms raid, warrior tank kills boss, then invites my pala main to farm the rest), but I haven't had the time or motivation to attempt it.

For those who are curious (like me) and don't have time to read up - the trick is that if you can passively keep a HoT on yourself the whole time you are channeling the control orb, then the healing threat will make all the adds run to you so they won't kill Razorgore.

To bad the HoT we can get through talents in Mists is only 30s duration, but Mind Exhaustion lasts 60s. I don't think the 20 hp5 from a troll's blood potion would be enough.
rodos

Postby ginga-uk » Wed May 02, 2012 6:17 am

Ardrhyst wrote:
Knievel wrote:Actually I had a friend invite me, and then I disconnected and got on an alt that he invited. I converted to raid and he left, but I had 2 of my own toons on the same account in the raid. At that point I could "solo" into a raid instance, and even "solo" into BT and kill trash for Ashtongue rep, leave to reset, then re-enter without bothering anybody else.

I was just trying to see if there was an easier way. I wish Blizzard would remove the Raid-setting requirement to get in like they did with MC.

They didn't "get rid of it" with MC. If you try and enter the portal in BRD, you still get prevented. The teleport just skips the check.

Actually they did. You can get into Molten core entirely solo now. Not sure why, but the last few times i've gone in there I've not had to use my lvl 10 alt trial account.
ginga-uk

Postby Ardrhyst » Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 am

ginga-uk wrote:
Ardrhyst wrote:
Knievel wrote:Actually I had a friend invite me, and then I disconnected and got on an alt that he invited. I converted to raid and he left, but I had 2 of my own toons on the same account in the raid. At that point I could "solo" into a raid instance, and even "solo" into BT and kill trash for Ashtongue rep, leave to reset, then re-enter without bothering anybody else.

I was just trying to see if there was an easier way. I wish Blizzard would remove the Raid-setting requirement to get in like they did with MC.

They didn't "get rid of it" with MC. If you try and enter the portal in BRD, you still get prevented. The teleport just skips the check.

Actually they did. You can get into Molten core entirely solo now. Not sure why, but the last few times i've gone in there I've not had to use my lvl 10 alt trial account.

Have you tried entering the portal in BRD? I got denied there about three weeks ago.
Ardrhyst wrote:The teleport just skips the check.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby ginga-uk » Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 am

ah using the portal. Apologies I misread. If you speak to Lothos? The guy in the middle anyway he'll port you in even if you are not in a raid
ginga-uk

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:52 am

As I'm trying to get Spore Loser (25 man), has anyone tried to solo through Plague quarter for this?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:12 am

So, with active mitigation and new Vengeance, what new options exist for prot paladin soloing? Anything possible that might not have been before?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:40 am

We are worse at soloing now with the mitigation and shit.
Upside is sacred shield tho, and selfheals, but without vengeance its still pretty crap.
In old content I get like maybe 10k vengeance, thats not going to skyrocket your dps by any means, and seeing as our dps without vengeance is crap anyway were prolly doing less dps now than pre 5.0 in old content.
Thats my experience with it atleast.
Most bosses I just go ret anyway, they have excelent dps and their survivability is a lot higher with no CD on WoG.
Treck

Postby Syyllinen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 am

Mandokir & Kilnara are doable as prot now Kilnara may have been doable prepatch, also Omnotron normalmode is soloable.
Syyllinen

Previous

Return to General Strats