Fine tuning my tank

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Fine tuning my tank

Postby Vaxas » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Gonna make this short and sweet, also I want to touch on a few points. Thanks to theck and all the theroy / sim crafters out there a lot is pretty common knowledge (diminishing returns on dodge parry, mastery block cap ect)

And while I do subscribe to the theory of eeking out every little piece you can from your spec / gear, it really seems like its not near as important nowadays.

It seems like at least in the BC days when you had a block capped pally your healers KNEW it. "wow how come Vax takes so little damage". More so now just fill up the prot tree when speccing, toss other points into whatever you happen to click on and don't be bad. It really seems like our gearing / specing decisions carry very very little weight now.

Case in point - halfus dropped plate dps shoulders last night (I still have JP shoulders) of course I let the dps have them but...they would have been better then what i'm wearing.

I guess the point is it really seems like proper tank gear does not a tank make. Click on the prot button and TA DA your a tank.

I dunno I guess it seems they made tanking pretty idiot proof (spec and gearwise) I really hope this is not the trend.

I would like to continue to fine tune and compare numbers but is it really even worth it? My guilds currently only 5/12 (10 Man) and looks like by the time we get into heroic modes there will be a gear shift and / or icc buff attached.

-Just wondering where blizz is going with all this (Please tell me I'm wrong lol)
Vaxas

Re: Fine tuning my tank

Postby Vaxas » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Just realized this is in general strats. I Ment for it to go into Just General. If a nice mod could move it that would be swell
Vaxas

Return to General Strats