Remove Advertisements

Saph - 10m Naxx

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Saph - 10m Naxx

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Survivability is all good so just have to work on DPS for now - got it down to 48% before enrage.

Averaged 2.7k dps with seal of insight and even though I could do more dps I was tired and having to constantly kite away from blizz so I could skip seal of insight is the kind of annoying I wasn't up for on xmas eve.

To be honest a feral druid would do better these days with the same CD's + auto heals (without sacrificing dps) and the potential to fully "block" hits with savage defense.

Deep Breath is obviously no issue as you are in iceblock. I might go back with my frost resist set but I am still only 346 geared in tank or dps gear so not rocking lotsa epics.

Anub would be fine but I was a bit shattered so bailed when got sloppy with the spikes.

I almost cleared to Patch at 80 but obviously he's a totally different kettle of fish.

Will spend a solid day in there once I have chanted and gemmed my dps gear.
Sarutankah

Re: Saph - 10m Naxx

Postby sculder » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:11 pm

...the fuck?
sculder

Postby Belloc » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:45 pm

He's talking about soloing Naxx bosses.
Belloc

Postby Kuripari » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Indeed, I hadn't thought about trying Naxx, I watched a video recently of an 85 DK soloing Kael'Thas in Tempest Keep.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Halshar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey all, longtime lurker here. So I read this thread and got the idea to try it myself.

An hour later, this happened.

Basic strategy was this:

Gear for as much hit/expertise as you can squeeze out of your gear, and the rest is tank gear.

Use damage reduction cooldowns all the time, as soon as they are up (DP, AD, GoaK).

Hold the boss where she spawns and rotate in a circle to completely avoid the blizzard.

Stay in and dps during ice tombs, you will never get hit by the Frost Bomb.

The hardest part of this fight is getting as much dps as possible out, as the enrage requires around 4700 dps to beat. Remember that you can go for a long sequence doing your maximum dps rotation and then abuse LoH to minimize the amount of time you need to heal yourself.
Halshar

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Awesome work man :D

I'm a have another crack this weekend.

Did you try any others?
Sarutankah

Postby Halshar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Flame Leviathan was a joke to do recently, get two demos and a chopper, drain one demo and move to the other, drain that one and loot the boss.

I tried doing Anub'Rekhan and Kel'Thuzad. Anub is a major pain in the butt, the adds need to be burned down asap before you die from too much incoming damage.

As for KT, he seems to be a bit more doable. I took him to around 50% on my best attempt, which was a wipe to me not paying attention to a shadow fissure. Phase 1 is simple, kill the aboms asap and kite the ranged adds around, throwing shields and judgement to whittle them down. When KT activates, save AS for his frostbolts and stay out of fissures. My transitions into phase 2 usually involved about 6-7 range adds still following me around, which would slowly be worked down by using HotR nearby and bouncing shields off them.

I'll head in sometime later and give KT another shot, I think he can be done successfully.
Halshar

Return to General Strats