Remove Advertisements

Solo Magtheridon possible for a paladin?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Solo Magtheridon possible for a paladin?

Postby Sadahige » Tue May 04, 2010 11:22 pm

ahh.. they death coil if you don't kill all the trash apparently. Closest I could get was 40% before enrage.. with flask and feast. Don't know what i'm doing wrong
Sadahige

Postby Non » Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 pm

down down down DIE!

Killed him tonight 5sec after the enrage. BoP and Hammer of Wrath!
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby SherKhan » Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 am

A couple weeks ago, my girlfriend and I attempted to duo Mag's I have a Tankadin and she was using her resto Druid. Being in full defensive gear, needless to say we didn't beat the enrage, he was around 20% before he blew up and beat us down. I suppose with some different gear for some more damage its quite possible. The damage wasnt entirely an issue, she was rarely healing, but she couldn't do much dps or she would OOM fast considering that is a dependency for caster dps Druids.

I will have to work out some gear selection and go back for another round.
"I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."

SherKhan

Postby Sarutankah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:26 pm

SherKhan wrote: but she couldn't do much dps or she would OOM fast considering that is a dependency for caster dps Druids.

Say wha'?

Should be able to spam a cycle of wrath, moonfire, rejuve indefinately, hell without replenishment yesterday we 2 healed everything up to Dreamwalker but then my Grandma caught fire :wink:
Sarutankah

Postby Rhaegon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 am

did it yesterday

i have to say it's quite easy with high end gear :D
Rhaegon

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Do you guys solo all of the trash, also? Or clear with a group and then solo the boss?
Kelaan

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Kelaan wrote:Do you guys solo all of the trash, also? Or clear with a group and then solo the boss?

The trash is soloable, it just takes a bit of time.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Vahn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am

Could use some advice - been giving magtheridon a go, and have been getting him to around 200-500k consistantly. The main issue I see is that I'm losing a lot of life over the fight and spend more time than necessary popping cd's damage reduction and using seal of light any advice?

I've been going in using a flask of resistance and aura of fire resistance - is this the prob? in the videos ive seen folks have been using devotion and flasks of endless rage, but I've been seeing my life fall slowly but steadily using seal of corruption.

In terms of gear, its all ICC10 man + with pyrite infuser and 264 dps legs. Basically, I'm pretty sure I've got the gear, and pretty sure I've got the spec - but I just seem to be taking more damage than ppl in videos are doing - any advice?
Vahn

Postby ginga-uk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 am

Tried last night, but he despawned twice.

Overall probably a good thing he despawned, since first attempt I was well behind the curve, second attempt I had him at 62% health after 10:50 (so 8:50 on mag)... I reckon this is 6-7% or so behind the curve, so again not enough dps.... I was only using self buffs, so perhaps getting a friend to might me beforehand will help, but even so it seems like a pretty big gap to bridge. I assume that the successful kills respec'd to help. I noticed on video had reckoning up a lot, which I don't currently have. Also noticed that in the same video you are parked against the wall (presumably to avoid knockbacks from Quake). Since both despawns were after quakes, I'm guessing they happened because I got too far away, but can't really prove that.

Any Tips on spec's etc would be welcome.
ginga-uk

Postby patches » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 am

I used my normal tanking spec, 53/18, no reckoning

I glyphed avenger's shield for a little more damage and tank him against the wall like in the vid so that the infernals would never be behind me and I'd never have to move for quake.

I was self buffed with an endless rage flask. I used 2 dps trinkets, DPS back and DPS belt. I'm in mostly 264/277 gear though.

The first time I tried him he enraged at 200k. I think the biggest thing here is letting your cooldowns do the work for you. I used seal of light until he became active, then I switched to corruption and popped wings and went all out on him. I let my health get really low, let AD pop, then got low again and used LoH and then whenever I'd get low I'd either let AD pop or use bubble wall and switch to seal of light until I got comfortable again.

A big part of keeping your health stable is making sure you keep sacred shield up. I noticed when I forgot to keep it up that I'd end up taking a lot more damage and having to spend a lot more time using seal of light.

Pretty much, pop cooldowns whenever you can, keep yourself using seal of corruption/vengance as long as you can. When I killed him I was a good 2-3 minutes ahead of the enrage timer. I used LoH twice.
patches

Postby ginga-uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:32 am

Mostly usual tank gear... swapped libram for the +200 str proc one. flasked rage and swapped one stam trinket for the frost badge dps one. First attempt was miserable, and I hit all the wrong keys in the wrong places... second attempt parked myself right in a corner, and had about 1 1/2 minutes to spare. :) Proc'd AD 3 times, and used my lay on hands once. Switched to seal of light a couple times after about 35% a) to give a buffer through the 30% stun, and b) because i was quite low at one point.

479gold + change + the usual drops. :) quite a profitable trip. Thanks for the tips.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bau7 ... dashboard/

Ginga
ginga-uk

Postby Snorlaxx » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I read through these articles, watched movies, and whatever else I could find. I attempted to down mag, but basically have to use seal of light the whole time unless I have LoH off CD. I get him down to around 800k or so and he typically kills me, on top of that even if he didn't kill me I doubt I'd make the time limit. I've tried equipping dps pieces and respeccing, but no luck. Anyone have advice for me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Snorlaxx
Snorlaxx

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

When I did it for my video, I was not having a lot of trouble surviving, it was the resets that were holding me back. I was wearing my threat set, which is tank gear gemmed for offensive stats, and two offensive trinkets (Loatheb's Shadow and Mirror of Truth, ha). I cut down a lot of damage by using a Lesser Flask of Resistance and running Fire Resistance Aura. Infernals do pretty heavy fire damage, and his Blast Wave still is a decent knock, so those two resistance effects can really cut down the damage. Shadowbolts from the channelers suck, but there's not a ton that can be done about it.

Also, your mileage may vary, but I found that continually circling around Mags to keep the pack in front of me helped cut down on damage. (Can see my mad circles at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr3YgY7c06Y )

The highest source of damage is still his melee, so don't really cut down too much on your avoidance and mitigation. If you get in a position where you feel safe and can run Seal of Corruption/Vengeance more, that will make up for the stats you lose in beefing up your defenses with gear.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Reckoning really seals the deal here. I see that it's in your spec, and hope it was in the spec you were trying him with. You've pretty much got a dozen guys wailing at you for twenty minutes, and that leads to a lot of Reckoning uptime.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 am

Just went in there today to try this. It took 4 attempts because of the stupid resetting. I finally got fed up and just planted myself against the wall and didn't move for ANYTHING. I was in my heroic tanking gear and spec. I could pretty much get 5 stacks of Vengeance up, switch to light for a bit, then get back to SoV before the stacks dropped. Using wings and shield wall intelligently etc. It wasn't a challenge with my gear, except for the stupid reset :(

500G is a nice reward for what took about 45 minutes. The kill only took about 12 minutes I think so I'll probably do this again each week for a quick 500G.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Update: Just tried this on my scrubby paladin and there wasn't a chance in hell of her pulling it off.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats