Remove Advertisements

Ret Tanking easy Heroics

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Ret Tanking easy Heroics

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Hey guys - I have often wanted to 2h tank (after watching Invisusira's video of Prince lol) I think with current gear levels (and I'm not even in T10) 2h Rets with something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZx0xVMh ... bsu:kj0cmz and tank gear that focused on parry and dodge would be damn good fun in heroics that are boring otherwise.

Post up any experiences/suggestions and maybe even your ideal gear list etc. I gonna go do it with my guild tonight :D Fun.

EDIT: I had a crack and it's pretty straight forward, go down to about 32k unbuffed but in H VH and GunDrak it's a non issue, Single target and aoe threat was off the charts which is nice because I am sick of warlocks pulling with SOC (wtf? lol) So i added HOP to Healbot so I can annoy them right back.

I did find that everyone got more involved trying to beat the tanks dps which in spite of relatively low crit was well pewpew.
Sarutankah

Re: Ret Tanking easy Heroics

Postby kysu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm

I sometimes just go pure ret in ret spec and tank heroic. I take one of our resto druid's from guild and just melt the mobs. I pull ~7k on trash n 5-6k on boss.

I've found anything less then pure Ret the dps isnt that great. I just use socom and dps trinkets reg tank setup otherwise.
kysu

Re: Ret Tanking easy Heroics

Postby Tekkel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 am

With a proper healer and some decent other dps it's pretty easy as full ret in the older heroics.
I've tanked alls heroics minus toc/fos/pos/hor in full ret gear/spec.
Tekkel

Return to General Strats