Remove Advertisements

What should I be tanking?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What should I be tanking?

Postby Ilk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 am

I am a new 80 as of a week ago and have been spending my time mostly running regular instances to get more knowledge on the pulls and how they work (I didn't run much from 75-80). However, I'm not sure whether I should continue doing regs or go ahead and start heroics with my current gear level. I have had absolutely no issue running reg instances and have not tried any heroics yet. I did try ToC reg yesterday and it was pretty fail (healer was 77 and I think that may have contributed).
So with my gear should I do specific regs or farm ToC or skip to heroics? Or some combination? Anything I should avoid? Any advise is appreciated.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... orei&n=Ilk
Ilk

Re: What should I be tanking?

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:17 am

First, if you move 2 points in holy, and 2 points in prot, you can get Vindication in Ret that'll help with your survivability.
Next, I'd concentrate on Reg ToC, and heroic UK, Nex, AN, and CoS. They're pretty easy and provide a decent amount of badges. H DTK and GD are also fairly easy runs. I'd stay away from places like H OK, ToC and Occ, as the incoming damage can be brutal at times, and will cause much frustration with your healer with only 23k HP.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Re: What should I be tanking?

Postby Ilk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank You! :)
Ilk

Return to General Strats