OS3D (10) Zerg Is it possible? or did they fix it?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

OS3D (10) Zerg Is it possible? or did they fix it?

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 am

I was wondering, did they fix being able to zerg Sarth3d in 10 man?

I have been thinking about trying to get the title. I've been trying to convince some people to do it, but it doesn't seem to be all that important to some people.
Shoju

Re: OS3D (10) Zerg Is it possible? or did they fix it?

Postby fudomyou » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 am

It's still possible. The main things are that you still have the hard time limit before Shadron lands and makes Sart immune, and an enraged Tenebron will still one-shot you, so you still need a Tene kiter for the late phase (or incredibly insane DPS that can do 12k regularly).
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:21 pm

I have been reading, is it still ~80 seconds to get him dead before Shadron's Disciple comes out and makes sarth immune?

I have been basing all my calc's on this to get a line on DPS.

Assuming this, it looks like you will need just 5k DPS from the 7.5 DPSers (since one of them ends up kiting) + 2k dps from the tank to get it done. This shouldn't be too terrible to muster since you will have bloodlust for 30 seconds, DPS pots, flasks, foods, and hopefully some Really nice raid synergy
Shoju

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 pm

It's about 85 seconds, yes.

Your Tenebron kiter needs to max-range taunt Tenebron when Sarth is at about 32%. Tenebron will enrage at 30%. Also, you need to watch for lava waves. If your taunter gets hit by a lava wave during kiting, it's over. Ret paladins make great taunt/kiters -- my trick is to kite him off of the island, run to the instance portal, and bubble when he is about to catch up. He'll head back to the tank, cancel bubble, flash heal yourself, he'll head back to you. Boss dies and you live! :P

Hunters are not acceptable kiters. Distracting shot is a fixate and will result in Tenebron returning to the tank.

Best of luck! It will take some practice, but it's not all that bad.
Belloc

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:07 pm

awesome. I have nitro boosts on my boots as well :) I'm hoping that we can get it down. I just don't know if I can convince people to do it the normal way (because it would take work), but I could convince people to learn how to zerg it.
Shoju

Postby Pala » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 pm

My 10 man team has been doing this a couple times and here's my report. We park near the corner off Sarth's back right leg. I ride in with an Avenger's Shield, Judgement, ShoR, HotR, and then start a normal rotation. I have a couple macros to bubble or taunt off my healer tree friend. The 8 dps start immediately and I have a rogue giving me Tricks of the Trade. After 15 seconds or so I'll call for Bloodlust and I use Avenging Wrath and maybe a glyphed Hand of Salvation but I may save the HoSalv for later. Tenebron comes down pretty soon, near when a flame wall is coming and I use my macro to Hand of Reckoning him. Keep Consecrate down, taunt if needed, about now I'll use a couple trinkets. When Sartharion gets to about 20% things usually head south. That is when I use Divine Protection and try to live until about 3-5%. I haven't lived yet but mostly it is about moving from flame walls, moving from the occasional void zone, and keeping your healer safe.

We've wiped at 8k hp on him since when a person dies all the DoTs on him go away. Last time we did it the dps averaged out to 5k each. My goodness Arcane got buffed too. That helped us because the enchancement shaman with us did about 2k and I did 3.5k. He had a good chuckle too, wondering why we invited him since his gear was not great. Then it dawned on him he was there for the Bloodlust. :)
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Still possible, I got my title a few weeks ago using the zerg strat ... Though I'll be buggered if I can remember how we did it... I just remember that we used a well timed heroism, and I popped ds/dsac as the second wave passed me by.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Are you still able to stand with the ranged-DPS on those little islands behind him to avoid having to move for the flame walls?

I took my guild back to see if we could grab this a while ago, but they were extremely uncoordinated and people kept getting hit by flame walls and void zones. Our deaths were usually due to the whelps spawning and gibbing our healers. How do you guys deal with them? Consecrate?
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Whelps are traditionally dealt with by having dps/healer all stacked up and cleaves/WW's killing the adds almost instantly.
Belloc

Postby Darkler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 am

to answer the original question, Yes, its very doable still.

some small and easy steps:
+ we pull with a rogue (or someone who can reset the fight) making positioning very easy. go in, vanish and the fight reset and you have around 30 secs before he respawn
+ the tanking isnt that complicated. as soon as he respawns i pop wings and start with the normal rotation. that together with..
+ bloodlust from the start gives maximum uptime of dps before the first lava wave
+ when tenebron lands i have a small macro with a taunt with hand and shield giving enough aggro to even have to switch target
+ when sarth reaches 28% one of our members who can, taunts tenebron, and starts running towards the entrance. important here is to not do excessive threat on tenebron, as a single hammer crit can make tenebron focus on you again
+ after that its just to continue dodging fissures and waves, and when the adds rain starts to pound in a hand of protection on the healer and a bubble wall will take you through the last percentages
+ to handle the "adds loves healer" problem i usually righteous defense as soon as i see him getting aggro

also, not noted anywhere else:
sartharion enrages on 10% if im not mistaken and thats also when the adds start to rain in, but you want the taunt of tenebron to happen before 25%, as when sartharion reaches 25% all the other drakes enrages, dealing around dubble damage (ie meleeing up around 24k hits)

thats about it. if you are interested here is a short movie from some weeks back. after a horrible night at totc heroic and hard fail modes in ulduar, we went to get ourselves an other drake. as seen in the movie we didnt stop wiping just for changing instance, but the movie shows the good clean kill at least :)

hope it helps!
Darkler

Postby Xequecal » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:47 pm

If you can pull this off, try killing Anub in ToGC10 without him burrowing at all. The DPS requirement is similar. (3,700,000 HP in 90 seconds vs. 3,137,500 in 85 seconds, but you don't have to lose the DPS of a kiter)
Xequecal

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 pm

You only need one tank and one healer for 3d10 and you still have to kill Anub's adds. The DPS requirement per person is far higher. The 3d10 zerg is dead easy in today's gear, as long as you execute it properly. Anub regular without burrowing has been done by our group, but not heroic.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Tubben » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:22 am

fudomyou wrote:It's still possible. The main things are that you still have the hard time limit before Shadron lands and makes Sart immune, and an enraged Tenebron will still one-shot you, so you still need a Tene kiter for the late phase (or incredibly insane DPS that can do 12k regularly).

Nah, thats not true.

We did it, and we had to carry 2 low dps. Wiped several times because of this, but got him down finaly, while i tanked Tenebron and Sartharion. Without kiting.

Anyway, you need around 4300-4500 dps per player (8 dd, 1 tank, 1 healer).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tsakupp7 ... 05&e=12202
Tubben

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:25 am

Well, The monday night group pulled off the Zerg this past monday, and the thursday night guys (my group) are going to smash it tomorrow night. I'm REALLY Excited.

I haven't had a 'patchwerk' style fight to test my dps out on lately. I'm hoping that I'm pushing the top end of the DPS in the fight (In a guild full of hybrid DPS and rogues, I can top meters pretty easily :) )
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:34 am

Good luck! It took us a few times to sort out cooldowns and positioning (and people dying to lava waves... >.>).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General Strats