Remove Advertisements

What heroics have you soloed?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What heroics have you soloed?

Postby Peleg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 pm

I was too lazy to find a group for the heroic daily last night, so I decided to see how far I could get solo. It turns out, I was able to complete the Old Kingdom heroic solo. I managed to do all of the bosses on my first attempt. I admit I did have to cheat on a couple of the caster trash pulls - one pull that had 2 nukers and a healer I had to rush them, kill the healer, then die and run back to kill the other two. And I did skip the 2 optional bosses. But otherwise, it was a pretty clean run. It took a long time (90 minutes or so), but was kind of fun.

Anyway, just wondering what others people have soloed. Caster bosses are tough for us - the last boss in Old Kingdom was almost too much for me with all his shadow damage, but with lay hands I was able to kill him. But for melee bosses, it seems like we can solo anything as long as we have enough time.

edit: P.S. - I saw there was another thread on this same topic, but I started a new one because I wanted ideas on what other heroics were actually soloable by Prot Paladins. The other thread was mostly anecdotes about people finishing off various bosses after their group accidentally died, which isn't what I'm looking for.
Last edited by Peleg on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peleg

Re: What heroics have you soloed?

Postby Belloc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm

How did you handle the 2nd boss with his drain?
Belloc

Postby Peleg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm

I just stood there and let him drain me. Eventually he gets bored and start swinging again. It only did like 20k damage I think? It appears to key off his health (every 25%) rather than on a timer, so he only did it 4 times I believe. I bubbled through 2 of them probably, and just ate the rest. His fire ball damage is more annoying since he does that every 10 seconds or so, but by the end I was getting good at avoiding most of that damage by running as soon as he started casting it.

The last boss was by far the hardest. He doesn't cast his insanity thing if you are soloing him, but most of his damage is shadow, so I didn't mitigate it very well. If I were to do it again, I might throw on some old school shadow resist gear. But since I had lay hands up for that fight, I was fine.
Peleg

Postby Peleg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

No one else has soloed a heroic? Oh well. I'll have to just try another, but it may be that Old Kingdom is the only soloable one.
Peleg

Postby Zeianna » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 pm

As it happens, I'm writing a series of guides on just this topic on my blog. Currently I've only got Volkhan from H-HoL up, but as we speak I'm finishing up the guide to the entire instance. I'll post here later today when it's all finished.

If you're interested to see what else I have up my sleeve, check back at the blog every week or so! :3

Edit: probably should've left a link to the post, huh? Oh well.
My blog: Avenger's Shield
theckhd wrote:Don't worry, they'll screw something else up so we can have Deathwing Radiance.
Zeianna

Return to General Strats