Remove Advertisements

[N] ToC >> [H] ToC Difficulty Ramp-Up

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[N] ToC >> [H] ToC Difficulty Ramp-Up

Postby Gimorth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:44 am

I tanked a bunch at 70 before taking a year-long hiatus. After leveling to 80 and working on my gear for a week or so, I decided to get back into instances. The first instance that I ran was normal ToC and everything went very well. There were a few sloppy moments with our PUG (pulling 2 groups of trash at once (my bad), immediately pulling Eadric’s trash before the start of the fight (we blamed totems)), but we never wiped and I never really felt like I was in any danger.

Anyway, my question is: What’s the ramp up in difficulty between Normal ToC and Heroic ToC? I assume that tanking 6 of the trash mobs would be a bad idea. I assume that kill order becomes more important. Generally speaking, though, if ToC is easy should I expect [H] ToC to be challenging but do-able? Or, do I have no business in there?
Gimorth

Re: [N] ToC >> [H] ToC Difficulty Ramp-Up

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:43 am

It's more difficult, but if your healer is up to snuff it's no big deal.

Also, the priests mind control, so pulling all 3 packs at once may not be a good idea unless you have intelligent interrupters.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 am

If you can keep all of the mobs on yourself on normal mode, you can probably do heroic just fine. Help out your healer by dispelling, though.
Belloc

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm

It's not that much worse. It's maybe just a tiny bit harder than other heroics. As long as people pay attention it shouldn't be hard.

The hardest part is probably P2/3 of the Black Knight. P2 because people will stand near exploding ghouls, and P3 because of the massive party damage.

The first time I did H ToC in Ulduar-10 gear I accidentally pulled two packs of trash on the second guy and was fine.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Return to General Strats