Problems with soloing last boss in SV

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Problems with soloing last boss in SV

Postby Cheroz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:31 am

Hello all,
Long time rogue here who saw the light and made the jump to prot pally. I have recently caught the soloing bug.
I have soloed a lot of what is listed on this site, but ran into a problem last night.

How are prot pallies soloing the last bosss on SV? I am not sure if he was glitched or not. He would just automatically gain the buff when the time came instead of walking over and breaking the glass, giving me no opportunity at all to stop him from buffing himself. Once he had four buffs on him, he quickly destroyed me. I was doing about 16-1700 dps on him and got less than half his health off using LoH and bubble healing. Even if I switched to ret and more than doubled my dps, I still do not see it happening. Was he bugged, am I missing something or are people not really killing him. The gear and spec I used are what I am currently wearing. Thanks for your time and Kudos to those who run this site and contribute.
Cheroz

Re: Problems with soloing last boss in SV

Postby Rinuk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 am

He must have bugged out. I have soloed that fight a few times and he always walked over to one of the tanks and started draining. One thing that might work is when you aggro him drag him next to one of the tanks. that way you know which one he is going to drain. One he finishes draining it or you stop him drag him to a different one.

Rinuk
Rinuk

Postby Cheroz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks,
Kind of what I was thinking...he was bugged, but wasn't sure if it was a solo person in party thing or not.
I had him in the middle of the tanks and he didn't once move over to them to drain them, just got bigger and recieved the buff. Thanks for reply.
Cheroz

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 am

Tanking him next to the tanks was what pretty much every tank who tanked it as a 5-man at l70 did, having learned that as a best practice. Consider this just as you having learned the same thing. :D
Kelaan

Return to General Strats