Remove Advertisements

[The Eye] Undermanning Kael'thas Sunstrider

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[The Eye] Undermanning Kael'thas Sunstrider

Postby Prope » Fri May 15, 2009 1:44 am

Hey Guys,

I was just reading up on this guy on wowhead, where someone claimed that they where able to 5 man Kael'thas Sunstrider, in the eye mind you.

Have any of you tried this out, and with how many players? Could you provide some tacs/thoughts/anything really.

I must say that there still is a certain mount in there that tickles my fancy :wink:
Prope

Re: [The Eye] Undermanning Kael'thas Sunstrider

Postby Rehlachs » Fri May 15, 2009 2:45 am

Having just a single healer, the raid will be be rather close together. That means, that Thaladred will always be somewhere in between your raid (rather high damage + silence). Furthermore almost everyone will get a Remote Toy-debuff. The damage itself is easily doable, but the silnce + stun is a real pain in the ass.

Mind Control will kill you in P4, if a certain combination of raiders will be mc'ed ..
Rehlachs

Postby Jasari » Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 am

I've done it with about 10 level 80s and 5 level 70-79s. It was a faceroll, with the MCs being the only issue. I'd imagine with 5 people they could be almost impossible to deal with.
Jasari

Postby Zalaria » Fri May 15, 2009 6:33 am

We've done it a couple times with 10. I wouldn't say that's the minimum, but it would be much more challenging below 9. It's not so much that you need that much dps/healing/etc, it's just that the fight needs to be spread out to be controllable, which puts you out of range of healers.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Non » Sat May 16, 2009 3:29 am

Done it with 7... Prot pala, Holy pala, Resto druid, 2xWarlock, mage and a Rogue

The hardest part is the mind control
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Return to General Strats