[UBRS] dumb question regarding entry?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[UBRS] dumb question regarding entry?

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 pm

To get into UBRS, do i still need to have any friends with me or can i get into the place alone?

Ive read 2 conflicting sources saying either
A. i need at least 2 people with me for the doors to open in brs
or
B. if i kill all the mobs in the alcoves before the door it will open

hrm.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: [UBRS] dumb question regarding entry?

Postby guillex » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:31 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:To get into UBRS, do i still need to have any friends with me or can i get into the place alone?

Ive read 2 conflicting sources saying either
A. i need at least 2 people with me for the doors to open in brs
or
B. if i kill all the mobs in the alcoves before the door it will open

hrm.

I got my achievement solo the other day ... Just go in, kill all the alcoves, and the doors will open.

You can also use the altar by yourself. Click it the first time to release the mobs around the dais, then again to release the boss.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Zoltar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Guillex wrote:You can also use the altar by yourself. Click it the first time to release the mobs around the dais, then again to release the boss.

Never realised that. Is that a recent change? I guess they changed it when the changed the key requirement. Last time I was there you needed 3 people to summon the elemental boss.... that was quite a while ago though.
Zoltar

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 pm

kewl thanks...

Of all the old world dungeon/raid content, ive ONLY got leeeeeroy and UBRS left.

Im sure i can solo all of ubrs
28.2k unbuffed, 21% dodge, 17% parry, 25% block :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Zoltar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Should be fine. Not sure what the impact of the General's conflag spell will be though.
Zoltar

Postby guillex » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Zoltar wrote:Should be fine. Not sure what the impact of the General's conflag spell will be though.

I didn't get that far... I just went in for Leeeeeeeeeroy, as I haven't had a title other than Private, ever.

I got to the rookery easy enough as Ret, so I doubt that you'll have problems as prot.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Seraphyna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Zoltar wrote:Should be fine. Not sure what the impact of the General's conflag spell will be though.

The conflag can be rather unforgiving I found. I got pretty low when I did the UBRS run, but at that point I wasn't making full use of sacred shield. Just keep sacred shield up, fire resist aura, and focus Drakkisath while ignoring his adds, and you should be fine.
Seraphyna

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 am

You can do all of it as ret and solo.

The only thing that gives me problems is the beast, but I got the d1 shoulders first kill :)
Shoju

Postby Annadin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 am

Don't forget your T0.5 quest item 'brazier of invocation' to summon the extra boss in the Beast's room :)

...and after all this time I never realised you could click that altar a second time to release Pyroguard Emberseer. Damn, gonna be forced to go do that now... :D
Wittysigplaceholdertext.txt

Main: Annadin, Paladin
Spare Tankadin: Panadoll, Paladin
Other Alts: Jaybee, Priest - Samiam, Rogue - Shamiam, Shaman
Guild: Cotton Candy of Shadowsong Europe
Youtube: Channel
Annadin

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Bit of a late update.
Tanks for the help guys.
I got in ok.

Got the leeroy achievment - that was fun. I pulled so many whelps it wasnt funny (wanted to make sure i had 50). Almost died :D

The last boss was interesting, his conflag made for lots of damage, even with fire resist.
Health/mana balancing was an issue, but i burnt him down with 0 mana and 9k health left.

Got the classic dungeon achievment also. All done!
masterpoobaa

Postby TzumaNew » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Annadin wrote:Don't forget your T0.5 quest item 'brazier of invocation' to summon the extra boss in the Beast's room :)

...and after all this time I never realised you could click that altar a second time to release Pyroguard Emberseer. Damn, gonna be forced to go do that now... :D
Im pretty sure a recent-ish patch changed that. I know it was definitely 3 people min for a long long time. My guess is they changed it with all the old dungeon key requirements.
TzumaNew

Return to General Strats