Remove Advertisements

Reigns of the Raven Lord

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Reigns of the Raven Lord

Postby Asterial » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 pm

My wife just happens to have a lvl 80 resto druid so we thought it would be a great idea to duo Anzu in HC Sethekk Halls and get ourselves a mount each.

Unfortunately she can't find the Essence-Infused Moonstone that she used the first time we killed it to get her epic flight form....

Does anyone know if this item was returned after the quest or is it something that a druid can always summon inside the instance??

Also has anyone got any tips for farming this mount?
Asterial

Postby Conaan! » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 pm

just like paladin quest for mount, repeatable, go back to the person who gave it to you to gain the item
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Asterial » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:56 pm

its ok.. she found it... its classed as a key and was on her keyring... not in her bank.

We duo'd it easy... no mount this time tho...
Asterial

Postby majiben » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:26 am

I hate that we need a druid to get that mount, I know I could solo it >.<
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby phaqueue » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:29 am

I have soloed it - my roommate has a druid... I can 2-box his druid in to summon...

much easier with him healing - but still not hard at all solo
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Asterial » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:25 am

Yeah its easily soloable (although you can't summon Anzu without a druid) for a decently geared tank... ... just annoying..

A tip for those who are going to do it...

When you pull a group kill these first:

Time-Lost Controller
Darkweaver Prophet

The time-lost controllers will use a totem that charms one of you to attack the other or heal the mobs.

The prophet will use fear. If your level 80 you will resist most of the fear casts but on the odd occasion you do if you havent cleared a room it has a tendency to run you into another group or two. Not really that much of a problem as most of the mobs actually in the rooms are casters with only 15k health (heroic mode).

The only high level mobs are the ones that guard the corridor entrances (35k) and the odd wandering guard (41k).

You do still get reputation per kill even if they are greyed out...

Anzu himself is more annoying than hard with his paralyzing screech. Also tell your druid (if they are dps'ing as well as healing) to watch for the reflective shield as he will redirect the wrath/moonfire spells back onto either you or the druid.... if your not expecting it your health will shoot down.

We got it down to 27 minutes last night from entering to killing Anzu. I'm sure we can speed it up a bit.
Asterial

Postby dmok » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 am

A word to the wise:

If you easily get nausious do not use this mount. It is easily the most "bouncy" mount in the game at the momemt, but you do get used to it.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Asterial » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:19 am

Its bouncier than the bear???

I bought a bear for my shaman because apart from a kodo and elekk no other mount is big enough for a draenei.... kodo is only available during brewfest... elekk looks like a big grey turd..

At least my paladin looks at home on her charger or rivendares deathcharger....

My wife has said she wants the first drop of the Raven mount as I already have Rivendares... maybe I can try for the raptor or attumens also.
Asterial

Postby majorwoo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Asterial wrote:Its bouncier than the bear???

I bought a bear for my shaman because apart from a kodo and elekk no other mount is big enough for a draenei.... kodo is only available during brewfest... elekk looks like a big grey turd..

At least my paladin looks at home on her charger or rivendares deathcharger....

My wife has said she wants the first drop of the Raven mount as I already have Rivendares... maybe I can try for the raptor or attumens also.

Might do better to farm her Rivendares mount :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Return to General Strats