[H] What have you soloed / two manned / etc ?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] What have you soloed / two manned / etc ?

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 am

I've been chain-pugging heroics lately and I've accumulated some interesting stories over just the last couple weeks, so I'm really curious what you guys have done.

My "guild" currently has three members; a top end geared hunter, a disc priest who is only slightly behind me in gear, and myself, prot pally whose HP just hit 30k without ever stepping into Nax. We're pretty seasoned when it comes to heroics at this point.

So we ran COS, all three of us with two PUG DPS. The puggers were behind me in DPS; no real surprise there, but it showed that they weren't anything special. I got a little judgmental toward the Retadin over vent (he couldn't hear me) because every piece of gear he had contained the word "gladiators" and he had a purely PVP spec without Kings. Anyway, he pulls Meathook while I'm still looting (we found a Super Simian Sphere) and goes AFK ten seconds later. I boot him, and the other DPS drops a minute or two later. We proceed to three-man H COS from that point on, and wipe only once (mostly my fault). We took a screenshot and now refer to that run as "our first Guild run."

When my priest was just gearing up, she died on Volkan, the anvil boss in HOL. I tanked him down from 40% without a healer.

Last night, the priest and I two-manned the ethereal boss in Violet Hold from 50% while yelling to the DPS to just run back. I had just enough time to grab the mobs by the door.

Anyone else? I'm sure someone here has two-manned Heigan.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Gundrak

Postby Asterial » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 am

Well I suppose its not strictly 2 manning something... but I was quite impressed all the same over what we were trying to do in HC Gundrak.

We had a really great PUG for a change and had wasted HOL easily as well as getting 3 of the HC achievements so we moved on to HC Gundrak to see if we could do the same.

We wanted to try get the Galdarah achievement where he needs to Impale everyone in the group. We had worked out that Impale seemed to be part of his charge when in Rhino form.

All the DPS held back while I tanked him and the healer healed me (obviously)... Galdarah proceeded to Impale everyone in the group apart from me but the DPS still stood watching waiting for him to Impale me.... which he didnt... and no matter what I did still wouldnt Impale me.

I ended up tank/DPSing Galdarah completely down by myself whilst the healer healed. He ran out of mana at the last 30k to 50k health and I ended up using DG and blowing every cooldown and trinket to stay alive.

I remember checking omen and having over 400000 threat some of the way through the fight..

Was fun... but still didnt get the achievement :-(

btw.. ignore the sig... its old... and DKPSigs aint workin...
Asterial

Postby Origon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:38 am

2 manning heigan from 73% down in about 36minutes on my dk (tanking) with a resto shammy healing. Needless to say, i can now do the tanking rotation blindfolded >_< (then lost the roll on demise while the resto shammy was defaulted an item for doing such a good job -_-)
Origon

Re: Gundrak

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am

Asterial wrote:All the DPS held back while I tanked him and the healer healed me (obviously)... Galdarah proceeded to Impale everyone in the group apart from me but the DPS still stood watching waiting for him to Impale me.... which he didnt... and no matter what I did still wouldnt Impale me.

He only impales non-tanks, sadly ... but pretty awesome that you and your healer did that whole thing.
Kelaan

Postby Asterial » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

ive been checking the strats for him..

Next time we go in I'll have to get another plate wearer to tank him as best he can in the hope he impales me quickly... so i can then grab aggro and tank as normal.

Im sure then he will impale everyone else..
Asterial

Postby phaqueue » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:34 am

Asterial wrote:ive been checking the strats for him..

Next time we go in I'll have to get another plate wearer to tank him as best he can in the hope he impales me quickly... so i can then grab aggro and tank as normal.

Im sure then he will impale everyone else..

this is basically what we did... our DPS warrior rocked his tank gear for the fight... we waited till everyone else had been impaled - then he taunted the boss off me and tanked it till I got impaled... then we killed him...

easy enough

also - don't remember if it was mentioned - but if someone dies and gets back up mid-fight - they need to get impaled again to get the achivement
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Riposte » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Accidently 4-manned the caster/melee boss pair in H UK last night...without the healer. Right off the bat the melee guy charged the healer, took a single hit at him, and then came back to me as his aggro target. Before the healer could self-heal, he ate a shadow bolt and died. Somehow we managed the fight without heals (no off healers, but I did LoH), and only one of the mages died. It isn't so much a testament to our ability/gear, but rather to how easy heroics have become in WotLK.

Oh, and the bastard dps stopped once the boss died and let the summoned adds kill me (took them about 20 seconds to do it to, even though they only needed 1 hit as I was under 100 health remaining when the boss died).
Riposte

Postby holythief » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Not really such an impressive story but i was in a group last week where we ended up 3 manning H VH.

Just as we started the events, one of the DPS (rouge) went link dead, we decided to go on hoping he would come back, he didn't.
We ended up on the first boss (the water guy) when the another DPS (a DK) also went link dead, we managed to kill the boss without using the control crystals, cause the hunter could not find them for the adds.
after that we continued with the remaining two bosses 3 man.

Healer was a druid tree.

Not that we were so OP none of us had more then 4 epics on, but that is how easy VH is with the right boss combo.
holythief

Postby Asterial » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 am

holythief wrote:Not that we were so OP none of us had more then 4 epics on, but that is how easy VH is with the right boss combo.

Yeah... good job you didnt end up with Zuramat or the new target of my hatred ... Erekem
Asterial

Postby Sabreyn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

Asterial wrote:
holythief wrote:Not that we were so OP none of us had more then 4 epics on, but that is how easy VH is with the right boss combo.

Yeah... good job you didnt end up with Zuramat or the new target of my hatred ... Erekem

Erekem is easy enough if you can convince DPS not to kill the adds.

Three days ago or so, I was doing Old Kingdom, and all 3 DPS died during the first Insanity (how? no friggin clue). So myself (only a couple days at 80) and a moderately pre-raid geared resto druid 2-manned him. Took 8 minutes or so, but I was damned if I was gonna wipe again after the abomination that was me pulling the room with the cultist guys for the first time. It might have actually been easier (albeit much longer) with only the two of us, because HoJ and Arcane Torrent made killing the shammy during Insanity trivial.
Sabreyn

Postby Asterial » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:50 am

Sabreyn wrote:Erekem is easy enough if you can convince DPS not to kill the adds.

My bad...

I got the boss name mixed up... Erekem has never been a problem... we just tank n spank him to death and ignore his adds..

The one I mean was Xevoss... the ethereal due that spawns the orbs that follow you around. I remember finishing him easy when I first started doing VH Heroic and wiping on Zuramat... now it seems to be the other way around.

Xevoss is really annoying.. Even kiting him up along the balconies doesnt seem to work very well.
Asterial

Re: [H] What have you soloed / two manned / etc ?

Postby hthomas13 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 am

I've also been in a raid when my group (not me, it was my first run and i got confused on the Heigan dance)...but in the end i ended up goign afk for nearly 20 minutes to come back and notice there was 12% of his health left, only a prot warrior and a healadin standing.
hthomas13

Postby tanx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Its not heroic BUT it is SOLO. I got bored one day and wanted to get my GURU of DRAKURU achivement, and no on was online realy and I didnt want to put a pug together. SOOO
I set it to normal and ran into Drak Keep, cleared the trash and got to trollgore. 5 min later he was dead. Skipped 2nd and 3rd bosses and went to the last boss. Easy mode when you can heal yourself during the transfome phase. Achivement DONE ( One 25nax geared prot pally ) :twisted:
tanx

Postby Shoju » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:49 am

A couple of nights ago in H:DTK, My group failed at Tharon'ja, and after the second shift back to 'skin', they were all dead but me. I proceeded to solo him the rest of the way down.... as ret. It became less about my DPS and more about managing things.

Sacred Shield
Seal of Light
Judgement of Light
Instant Flash whenever it was available
Divine Plea when I could
Devo Aura

Thanks to the skele phase, I was able to use the lifesteal to get back tons of health, and I had to Lay on Hands at about 20%.

It was a truly awesome fight, and the Rogue was FURIOUS that I wouldn't just die. He had released when the healer died, and was then unable to loot the daily quest item.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 am

Shoju wrote: and the Rogue was FURIOUS that I wouldn't just die. He had released when the healer died, and was then unable to loot the daily quest item.

Serves him right. Never underestimate a paladin.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General Strats