[H] Gundrak - Less-Rabi Achievement

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Dont Let the boss become a mammoth.

Postby Zoltar » Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Completed this on the weekend. Group consisted of me (prot pally), DK, rogue, 2 elemental shaman. (no healer for this boss)

First attempt – I went ret so it was a 5 DPS group. DK popped army of dead on the pull and they tanked. Rogue and DK had some confusion over who was doing the first interrupt and bosses health was dropping so quick they missed the third transform. Wiped it.

Second attempt – Still 5 DPS but army of dead on CD so I put up RF in my ret gear and pulled. Lol. Got my arse handed to me. Wiped it.

Successful Attempt – Specced back to prot, put on my tanking gear. Pulled with wings and ToT from the rogue. Rogue kicked the first transform, DK interuped the second, from below 50% rogue spammed FoK and two shamen back him up by alternating their interrupt and spamming it every CD. Boss died in under 25 sec and achievement complete.
Zoltar

Postby claisa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:18 am

only achievement needed been going on for a long time now, so many changes at 2%ish and then him dying before we can stop DPS its untrue.

Last friday warrior in group swears blind he got the inturrupt at the 2% change, we check the combat log and it shows not only the warrior but our rogue succsefully inturrupting it, and he still changes.

opened a ticket, gm can;t do anything about it, report it in the ingame issues on the blizzard offical forum they are aware of the issue and looking into it but i guess unlikely for anything to happen. Does make me wonder how many of the other 2% failes are because the game fails to register the inturrupts before he changes. Even though the combat log is recording it.

Basically epic fail and narked of at it now.
claisa

Postby Threatco » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:43 pm

I have had all but this for about 3 months.

A few days ago I finaly got it.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm

A shaman can talent his shocks to a 5-second cooldown. Earth shock is an interrupt.

Each cast will be a multiple of 5 seconds after the first. Because the shaman and boss are in perfect synchronisation of cooldowns, if the Shaman interrupts the first one, then each cast will be interrupted.

Remember: bring the player, not the class.

Owait.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Threatco » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 pm

the shammy has to interupt every one after 50%.

If he does it before 50% the time will be off when it goes from 10sec to 5sec interupts at 50%.

Rogues can spec fan of knives to 5 sec interupt too.
Threatco

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Threatco wrote:the shammy has to interupt every one after 50%.

Are you sure about that? Timer should go from cast, not from end of GCD, and 100%-50% is a 10-sec cast, so it seems to me there would just be an extra earth shock in between the pre-50% interrupts.

Or does his cast timer reset at 50%?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Threatco » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:28 pm

if at 28 second the boss reaches 50% he will do it then instead of at 30 seconds. The next will be at 33 second. Next at 38 seconds. Ect. You can't "spam" it from an early interupt as it wont be on time after 50%. But after 50% once the shammy interupts, they can spam it every time its up.

Tip: Tell the shammy to interupt it as early as he can in the cast.
The cast at 50% is about 1.5 seconds. If he takes 1.4 seconds to interupt it, then the next one his CD won't be up in time because the cast won't last as long.

If he reaches 50% any of the times below, he will transform right as he hits 50%.

From the start of the fight. 5-10 sec. 15-20 sec. 25-30 sec. 35-40 sec. If he gets to 50% at any of these times, he will transform right then even if its not on a 5 sec multiple.
Threatco

Postby claisa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

threat co is right, it is crucial for the shammy to inturrupt the first one as early as poss otherwise his cooldown won;t be up int time for the 2nd one after 50%

The best attempts i had was taking a pro rogue with an inturrupt build. Combining fan of knives, with the talent that allows it to inturrupt, with adrenaline rush, with haste to reduce the global cooldown and him mashing his buttons. whilst leaving it to blind luck it doesn;t seem to hurt your chances as even if you time it right according to the combat log it is no guarantee of working.

Bitter much, oh yeah.

But on a more positive note mashing the buttons worked last night and now i get to sit around on my new mount.

group set up
1 warrior tank
Rogue
Elemental shaman
Ret pally
warlock

Only healing was from, judgement of light.
claisa

Postby Zoltar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:37 pm

claisa wrote:Only healing was from, judgement of light.

I didn't even use that. I judge wisdom out of habit. On a few of these achievements you can run without a healer once you are in decent gear. My gear is a mix of Naxx 25 & Uld 25 and I never got close to dying on Less-Rabi as he dies so quick with 4 DPS. Did consumption junction in DTK in exactly the same way. I think Trollgore lasted about 23 seconds.
Zoltar

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:34 pm

{I posted this in a different thread, but this is one of the older threads discussing the achievement.}

Grab 4 DPS. You won't need a healer, even for the trash.
Go in the "back" door by Moorabi.
Wear block value gear, or whatever gives you 20 seconds of the best damage. (If you have low BV, this part may be harder.)

Make a macro:

/cast Avenger's Shield
/in 4 /say Interrupt!
/in 9 /say Interrupt!
/in 14 /say Interrupt!
/in 19 /say Interrupt!
/in 24 /say Interrupt!

Your rogue will want to start spamming FoK near the end, as past 30% health,it's nearly impossible to time right. (The casts start at 5 secs but I alerted 1 sec early to allow for peoples' reaction time + latency.) The TJH mod's rule for this is even better but this was a good stopgap. :-)

If he transforms, stop DPS and run him to the water in the room with the skippable trash -- he seems to reset in the water once he kills you there, and your friends should be able to escape.

We got it last night. We were nearly below 50% at the first interrupt, at almost 30% by the second, and our third came up when he was practically dead. Our DK caught it by pure luck, it was nuts. (Interrups were warrior, me, DK -- our FoK rougue spammed but never connected ;)) 25g in repair bills could have been 50 and I would still have been happy. :) Our group was Prot paladin, warrior, rogue, DK, and a ret paladin. Heroism would have made it even faster, I expect... possibly too fast. ;) Note that even though we HAD a FoK rogue, it's not really even necessary at the current levels of DPS, as there's really only 3 interrupts that happen in an attempt. At that point, you either succeed and kill him, or you fail and you let him kill you. ;)
Kelaan

Previous

Return to General Strats