[H] Gundrak - Less-Rabi Achievement

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Seloei » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm

you can brute force him but it ends up with having to kick his interupt at <20%
We did it that way, with me interupting the first, the shaman (enh. speced for reverb) did the second and the warrior / shaman did the third. Third one came around 19-20% and we ended up with less than a second to his final cast.

Party dps was 15.6k dps over that fight.

But if you dont have that option, it's all based on preempting his cast time based on how much health / time left.

Spellocks dont work like someone already posted, they fixed it its a physical tree so cant be locked out. Neither do curse of tongues and the like.

P.S. There is a very detailed thread about this, not even a full page back
Seloei

Postby Auroris » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Here is the exploit way:

1. Get a rogue or Hunter in your party.

2. Have everybody stand outside the room, cast nothing. The rogue goes in and starts the fight. He pops evasion for about 10 seconds, turns and runs towards the stairs. He vanishes, everybody rushes in at about 8 seconds.

3. The boss resets after the vanish and is in Mammoth form, you just pull when he is a mammoth.

4. Grats on Achievement. He doesn't transform back to Moorabi, and stays the mammoth from 100% to dead. =D

Good luck

~Exo/Div
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby majiben » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Wow.

Not that I condone such exploits but as a paladin tank you could go in with your healer till he transforms and then cast DI. Other paladins in your group might work too.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Inimicus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Exolaeth wrote:Here is the exploit way:

2. Have everybody stand outside the room, cast nothing. The rogue goes in and starts the fight. He pops evasion for about 10 seconds, turns and runs towards the stairs. He vanishes, everybody rushes in at about 8 seconds.

3. The boss resets after the vanish and is in Mammoth form, you just pull when he is a mammoth.

4. Grats on Achievement. He doesn't transform back to Moorabi, and stays the mammoth from 100% to dead. =D

Good luck

~Exo/Div

May I ask when you tried this or if anyone has of late? I believe it was fixed in the recent patch, I'll try in the next few days and report back.

Having real trouble with this achievement, I got it pre-patch, trying to help others get it now.

Would a good tactic be to steady dps interrupting 2-3 casts above 35% (possible to interrupt /stopcast macros for your mages/other interupting classes help a lot), then at 35% blow every BL/trinkets and pray 35% -> 0% in under 5 seconds?

Another suggestion is to bring an dps-spec healer or no healer at all and just nuke, not sure I can him entirely without heals, stuns hurt too much.
Inimicus

Postby Auroris » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Inimicus wrote:
Exolaeth wrote:Here is the exploit way:

Good luck

~Exo/Div

May I ask when you tried this or if anyone has of late? I believe it was fixed in the recent patch, I'll try in the next few days and report back.

Having real trouble with this achievement, I got it pre-patch, trying to help others get it now.

Would a good tactic be to steady dps interrupting 2-3 casts above 35% (possible to interrupt /stopcast macros for your mages/other interupting classes help a lot), then at 35% blow every BL/trinkets and pray 35% -> 0% in under 5 seconds?

Another suggestion is to bring an dps-spec healer or no healer at all and just nuke, not sure I can him entirely without heals, stuns hurt too much.

>.> If it was fixed, I am completely unaware. I am just posting something close to the OP. >_>
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Threatco » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:58 pm

that was "the fix"

I have tried and failed with a very good guildie shaman who specced reverb. The DPS was a little low though. We can stop 4. But stopping the 5th is a nightmare.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Frickit » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 pm

all of the trick ways are pretty much fixt..you cant even use a mage.

the way i just did it was to have 2 rogues with imp fan of knives. the transforms are based on a % of his health so brute force wont work.
I interrupted the first cast the longest one. You need to let him do his third cast before hes below 30% health after that nuke him with the 2 rogues spamming their interrupts. They are pretty much instant casts at that point and there will be more than 4 (i think we had like 8 or something) but we were able to stop them all. Good luck on the hardest achievement on the list :wink:
Frickit

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 pm

What is imp. fan of knives?
Belloc

Postby DanimalEQ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

DanimalEQ

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 pm

DanimalEQ wrote:Throwing Specialization

hmmmm........ this has possibilities.
Malthrax

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:27 pm

So, wait... you could wait until the 5 second timer was about to expire and then start spamming Fan of Knives and hitting Kick if the cast comes during a GCD (kick is off the gcd, right?)?

Overpowered and amazing, if true.
Belloc

Postby DanimalEQ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Fan of Knives costs 50 energy as well though. Assuming the rogue gets a combat potency proc or two in there, if they spam it, they'll still end up missing one. Kick also costs some energy (20?), so if they are spamming fan of knives, they would very possibly not have the energy to kick.

Take in to account the fact that they are spamming Fan of Knives because it's unlikely their reaction time is fast enough to hit kick in the split second cast time, and it makes it even harder to pull off.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just not foolproof.

As an aside, the rogue could also pop Adrenaline Rush during this period to help with the previously mentioned energy concerns.
DanimalEQ

Postby Frickit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:10 pm

they used adrenaline rush at the end when they spam
Frickit

Postby Threatco » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:22 am

Tried again. Great group DPS wise. Had him dead after the 3rd transform "25 seconds". But we missed it, and sham wolves killed the boss. Going back tomorrow.

It's the last one I need as of this post! I cleared 4 achievements today!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 am

Got it third attempt. Used a reverb specced enh shaman for kill. First attempt the day before was with two x fury warriors on interrupts, screwed last interrupt and he died.

Unlike most boss abilities with a cooldown, he will attempt to transform precisely on the timer - every 10 seconds after the previous interrupt above 50%, every 5 seconds after 50%.

We went fairly slow to start (our first attempt we dpsed too hard, so the boss' first cast below 50% was at 28% or so and the shaman missed the interrupt).

Timeline:

00:00 engaged
00:10 first cast, shaman interrupted (boss 7x%)
00:20 second cast, warrior interrupted (boss 5x%)
00:30 third cast, shaman interrupted (boss 42%)
00:31 shaman lusts, everyone burns
00:35 shaman spams earthshock as it comes off cd, boss interrupted
00:40 shaman spams earthshock as it comes off cd, boss interrupted
00:42 boss dead

There was an aoe stun at 00:13 and 00:37 or so which gave us a moment of panic, but it wore off in time.

Using 2 x 10 second interrupt classes will work in the same way, though bigger margin for error - take him to just below 50%, have interrupter #1 get first cast, interrupter #2 get second cast, then burn while they both spam interrupts as they come off cd. Using interrupts which aren't multiples of 5 or 10 or spammable means you have to actually time stuff, which is a bit harder. Obviously your interrupters need to have good latency.
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats