Remove Advertisements

? group comp for achievements and others

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

? group comp for achievements and others

Postby daemonym » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:09 am

so after trying a few last night and not making much progress due to the group comp, i was thinking something like this to make a solid group to go around doing all of them.

prot pally (this is rather obvious)
ret pally (moar buffs, interupt, bops, OT, heavy burst, can kite and live a while)
arcane mage (just water really...and interrupts, consistent and burst dps, frost nova, ice block)
rogue (poisons and other debuffs, burst damage, can reset fights with vanish)
resto shammy (great aoe heals, bloodlust, totems, can help a lot with dps or respec for a 4th dps if needed)

now i have a few questions i have about general requirements:
i'm assuming that 2k dps is bare minimum for a lot of the ones out there like less-rabi, the "kill <boss> in under 2 minutes" ones. should it be more realistically be 2300 or more?

would the group set up i mentioned not work so well for any specific achievements?

i'm a bit concerned with my gear for some of the ones that you just need to brute force it. any thoughts? (armory in sig) i also have all the titansteel pieces as well if i'm not wearing them.

what sort of requirements would the healer have? (ie. spell power, crit, regen, etc.)

which ones require that you use 4 dps (with one off healing) to get done?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 am

I think the only big class requirement for some dependent on gear is Shaman for Bloodlust/Heroism on the speed or brute force kills. After that player competency takes hold more so then any class mechanics.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:09 am

Things like Hadronox Denied seem like they favor single-target DPS. You'd obviously need to tune rotations for people, but I think that's not a surprise.

For things like the one where you want to do Insanity quickly, have your healer spec out of resto, so that the AI doesn't have them spamming heals. Other than that I can't think of anything. Having two disarms is very handy for the boss that sacrifices people in Old Kingdom, too. I'd consider a warrior as either a replacement for the rogue, or for the mage or ret paladin, in that regard. Some achievements sound like they certainly reward having an OT and/or counterspell, though. Overall, looks solid, and you should do fine. :) If you find you need a different class for a few, change who you swap for that person and then do it twice.
Kelaan

Postby Fenira » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Warlocks/Mages + Shaman
Fenira

Return to General Strats