VH changes in 3.0.8

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

VH changes in 3.0.8

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Just cos I can't see it noted

The Squad of "ELITE DRAGONSOMETHINGS" that spawn on the left mid portal now seperate and go different ways, I got around it by consecrating on the left and frisbeeing the others which was fine - however, when I healed it with a warrior last night they had major problems and were getting smashed/lost aggro/dps got smashed etc on every one of those spawns (not to the point of wipe but someone almost died and I almost went oom from 21k unbuffed mana on a trash pull... lol)

I think it's the only VH pull where you should definately mark a skull to ensure noone picks up something before you can smack it's bitch face properly.
Sarutankah

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 pm

I tend to prefer to run up the ramp to wait for the spawn, so that I can toss a shield and get things to follow me. I have to remember to either get back in LOS of a healer (hehe), or have the group also up there, but it seems that it works OK. I'll have to try VH again tonight and see how that portal works out, but I suspect that getting social aggro while they are still near the portal will make them run for me.
Kelaan

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:38 pm

^^^ that will work just fine, I just prefer to hang down low and do the consecrate thing cos it looks like I know what I'm doing rofl.

Quickmark addon is cool for this stuff -- makes you look pro :lol:
Sarutankah

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Sarutankah wrote:^^^ that will work just fine, I just prefer to hang down low and do the consecrate thing cos it looks like I know what I'm doing rofl.

I keep wanting to install Quickmark, and always forget. :)

Honestly, I prefer to be proactive and start the fight closer to a portal -- things with a stream of spawns will then get hit nearly immediately with a consecrate. The sooner I get to a portal, the sooner we get to kill them and move on. ;)

Poor infinite dragonflight. Can't be a very good recruitment program: "Come to the past, and get killed!"
Kelaan

Postby Dianora » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Sarutankah wrote:^^^ that will work just fine, I just prefer to hang down low and do the consecrate thing cos it looks like I know what I'm doing rofl.

I keep wanting to install Quickmark, and always forget. :)

Honestly, I prefer to be proactive and start the fight closer to a portal -- things with a stream of spawns will then get hit nearly immediately with a consecrate. The sooner I get to a portal, the sooner we get to kill them and move on. ;)

Poor infinite dragonflight. Can't be a very good recruitment program: "Come to the past, and get killed!"

I made a point to tell my dps to kill the sorcerer as soon as possible, since they like to stream on whoever they like. I always tried to tank portal mob on top of the portal itself.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 pm

The "hang down low consecrate thing" is only on that specific portal, all the others I tank on portal, elite dragonflight squads I sometimes let run to me as well then it's stun/nuke sorcererererererer.
Sarutankah

Postby yappo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:59 pm

That pat converge on the entrance stairs inside the radius of a single consecrate (unless some triggerhappy, retard *grrrr* dps decides to open up on them beforehand).

I also wiped our entire party by taking the entire fight on those stairs. Bad call. A pushback to the entrance and, well, my healer politely suggested I attempt to stay in line of sight :D

So, quickly kite them back to the central floor ;)

This a tip for those of us who don't run with über dps cutting down all trash in VH quick enough to allow you to walk calmly to the next spawnpoint and wait there :D
yappo

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:27 pm

I like that group now - any excuse to use the new taunt is a good thing lol

Side note: So yeah - I thought it would be funny as ret to put it in rotation for it's lol crits... forgetting that it's a taunt that makes bosses SMASH YOUR FACE IN. Only do that one time rofl.
Sarutankah

Postby Threatco » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:31 pm

VH is so boring....

VH is so boring I let my dps tank and I switch to heals just to keep people awake.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Annadin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:17 am

I just prefer to hang down low and do the consecrate thing cos it looks like I know what I'm doing.

this.

Consecrate at the bottom of the first ramp, rocketgloves / Hand of LoL for the cheeky breakaway one :D
Wittysigplaceholdertext.txt

Main: Annadin, Paladin
Spare Tankadin: Panadoll, Paladin
Other Alts: Jaybee, Priest - Samiam, Rogue - Shamiam, Shaman
Guild: Cotton Candy of Shadowsong Europe
Youtube: Channel
Annadin

Postby Thornir » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Threatco wrote:VH is so boring....

VH is so boring I let my dps tank and I switch to heals just to keep people awake.

This.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby smeej » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:23 am

I only do VH if it's the daily or if a guildie wants something from there. I would prefer it if the portals popped up immediately after the previous one faded. My impatience is such that I almost always alt+tab after a boss to read some news.

That said, the craziness of the mobs running a new direction was welcomed, if short lived. I was totally amazed that something was going wrong.
smeej

Postby Wolvar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 am

AS 2 of them at the top of the ramp, go hammer the other 2 back by the portal and drag them to the snared ones.

I never need consecrate in VH.
Wolvar

Return to General Strats