3.0.8 changes re: achievements

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Cearn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:27 am

as it's a disorient FAP will not work i guess? =|

The Disorient drops aggro btw, the wrap does nothing.
Cearn

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:32 am

Cearn wrote:as it's a disorient FAP will not work i guess? =|

The Disorient drops aggro btw, the wrap does nothing.

Yeah, FAPs don't work.

But the disorient is a GREAT thing if you kited them back to the entrance... because they start running away. If you heal yourself when they're halfway back to the group, they start coming back for you. Gives you loads of time.
Belloc

Postby Vanifae » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Belloc wrote:
Worldie wrote:That one doesn't work anymore as they said, they reset as soon as they leave the main room.

I just confirmed that this is not the case.

One of the casters will bug out, and the skirmishers tend to screw everyone up, but the mobs can still be kited to the entrance.

I got this achievement tonight by killing the skirmisher packs, pulling the third pack, stunning them all, and then kiting to the entrance and letting my fury warrior friend tank the boss (in prot gear).

When the mobs disorient (or wrap, not sure which it was), they will drop aggro and run for the rest of the group. As soon as it drops, just cast a heal on yourself and they'll come back for you. This gives the group a LOT more time to kill the boss.

You cannot kite them out of the room, they despawn, this happened to my group on the second attempt, today.

Brute force is the only way through.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Belloc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:29 am

Vanifae wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Worldie wrote:That one doesn't work anymore as they said, they reset as soon as they leave the main room.

One of the casters will bug out, and the skirmishers tend to screw everyone up, but the mobs can still be kited to the entrance.

I got this achievement tonight by killing the skirmisher packs, pulling the third pack, stunning them all, and then kiting to the entrance and letting my fury warrior friend tank the boss (in prot gear).

When the mobs disorient (or wrap, not sure which it was), they will drop aggro and run for the rest of the group. As soon as it drops, just cast a heal on yourself and they'll come back for you. This gives the group a LOT more time to kill the boss.

You cannot kite them out of the room, they despawn, this happened to my group on the second attempt, today.

I did it on the 31st with no despawns. They didn't despawn at all on a single attempt. If they despawned for you, it was likely because of the bugged caster on the far right. Or maybe some servers have some kind of hotfix while others don't. I don't know.

I'd say to keep trying if you didn't get it.
Belloc

Postby Vanifae » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:45 am

I got this already went back to help the GM who is part of my Achievement Heroic run group.

I think Brute Force is the intended way to defeat the encounter with all the despawning bugs.

Also don't feign death on Share the Love, you won't get the achievement.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Frickit » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Belloc wrote:
Cowadin wrote:hmm. im kind of surprised about the respect your elders change... i didn't think that one was much of a "bug" .. but the real way to do it.

what are you supposed to do now? kite the elders when they spawn? cuz the boss goes immune when they do spawn, and they spawn based on a %, not a timer, right?

sounds a lot tougher to me.

-Cow

You have to tank the boss at one end of his room and have an add off-tanked at the other end of the room. The immunity is an aura that doesn't reach that distance.

this is what we tried, i tanked the boss on the far side of his room with an offtank on the guardian. we both had our butts against the walls and he still went immune. if i take him out of the room he enrages. any ideas?

i got this one myself before they added the enrage. wtf bliz it was a fun achievement.
Frickit

Postby Kelaan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:40 pm

What happens if you bring the guardian out of the room, rather than the boss?
Kelaan

Postby Lavnihs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 am

Frickit wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Cowadin wrote:hmm. im kind of surprised about the respect your elders change... i didn't think that one was much of a "bug" .. but the real way to do it.

what are you supposed to do now? kite the elders when they spawn? cuz the boss goes immune when they do spawn, and they spawn based on a %, not a timer, right?

sounds a lot tougher to me.

-Cow

You have to tank the boss at one end of his room and have an add off-tanked at the other end of the room. The immunity is an aura that doesn't reach that distance.

this is what we tried, i tanked the boss on the far side of his room with an offtank on the guardian. we both had our butts against the walls and he still went immune. if i take him out of the room he enrages. any ideas?

i got this one myself before they added the enrage. wtf bliz it was a fun achievement.

You're doing it wrong.

One tank backs into the little window openings behind the boss. The OT drags them with his back against the wall. Boss is not immune. Armory me for the completion date if you like, 2/15/2009, using this method.

He will be immune for the short period of time where the OT is picking up the 2nd and 3rd guardians and dragging them back to the back wall. If the OT doesn't pick the rest of them up then yes, the boss will be immune lol.
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
Lavnihs

Postby Arca » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 am

Belloc wrote:
Vanifae wrote:
Belloc wrote:

I did it on the 31st with no despawns. They didn't despawn at all on a single attempt. If they despawned for you, it was likely because of the bugged caster on the far right. Or maybe some servers have some kind of hotfix while others don't. I don't know.

I'd say to keep trying if you didn't get it.

Drop your health by about 1k, pull the packs, drop a conc and get a small hot from your healer as you run away.

Holy wrath stun for distance, bubble near the portal and top yourself off. As they near the bottom, cancel aura to get agro back and your group has PLENTY of time to kill him while you kite.

Have you OT buff (CS/vigilince/whatever) your healer just incase after the fight starts to insure SOMEONE at the bottom has agro.
Arca

Previous

Return to General Strats