Remove Advertisements

Attempting skeram (breakdown and analysis)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:38 am

I encountered some problems, maybe found a solution to them - after the splits or teleports, if the original Skeram is coming from the right platform, sometimes it looks like he is walking on the 'handrail' instead of the stairs. he won't stop casting Earth Shocks, thought I am in melee range (I suppose it's a pathing bug, where he can't directly walk towards me because he stands on that rail, so he decides that I am not in his melee range, and so forth..).
Rehlachs-

Postby Lumenactio » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 pm

I can't seem to get the splits to come single. They're always pull all 3.

I'm tanking it against the wall at the platform he spawns on. It's pretty frustrating.
Lumenactio

Re: Attempting skeram (breakdown and analysis)

Postby Tropicana » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Since the patch, I've been getting both adds every time, can't get past the 3rd split anymore. Tried 3 days, 3 times each day (respawns).

edit: Tried again, it didn't matter where I positioned him, both adds ALWAYS came. Yet another unnecessary change by Blizz?
Tropicana

Re:

Postby thorn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:45 am

Krazy wrote:I tried it...even with 422NR (no buffs...I built a NR set for my solo attempts on Lethon) you still take a ton of damage during the splits. I honestly do not think its possible.

you only need 315 nature resist for level 63 mobs, btw. anything after that is wasted since you cannot increase spell resistance past 75%, and 315 = 75% against level 63's.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Tropicana » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Tropicana wrote:Since the patch, I've been getting both adds every time, can't get past the 3rd split anymore. Tried 3 days, 3 times each day (respawns).

edit: Tried again, it didn't matter where I positioned him, both adds ALWAYS came. Yet another unnecessary change by Blizz?

Well, got him down today, first try, added 1 more piece of NR gear, still a huge pain. Both adds every time, no avoiding it anymore it seems. Be sure to save LoH and have DS up for the 3rd split. I had to use DS 2nd split too. 8000 Rep to exalted.
Tropicana

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Might I ask which gear and spec you used? My friend has been trying to kill him on his Blood DK, and it'll be just a huge slap in the face if I down Skeram first.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Tropicana » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Tropicana

Postby Lumenactio » Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 am

How do you deal with the constant stream of earth shocks during the splits? It seems 2 always shock. Even with very high NR I rarely get full resists, most are 75% resists, which still adds up very quick.

I can get him past 1st split occasionally if I get very lucky. But I really never have made it beyond the second split. By then I'm just out of tricks.
Lumenactio

Postby Tropicana » Sat May 23, 2009 11:54 am

75% is the max you can resist, with the occasional full resist.
All 3 constantly shock during the splits.

Seal/judge light the entire fight. During the splits, pay close attention to the one you are fighting, if it teleports away, switch targets otherwise you won't be getting any heals for a few seconds. Refresh sacred shield during the splits, chances are it will be taking more than 30 seconds or even 1 min if you are spec'd for it.

During the last few times I've been in there, I've gotten through first split with no cooldowns.
2nd Split, I've always needed to use divine shield and heal. (Remember to cancel Divine Plea when healing, and refresh it afterward)
3rd Split, open with avenging wrath, go nuts for awhile, lay on hands, depending on how well you did you may or may not need to bubble/heal again.

Choose NR pieces that won't gimp your hit/expertise rating. If your hits aren't even landing, you won't be getting healed. Hammer of the righteous + seal of light + 3 targets is what will be keeping you alive during the splits.

This was the hardest fight to solo initially, but once you get the hang of it, its really easy. Got myself to exalted, now running my rogue through.
Tropicana

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 pm

I have been running my Deathknight (exp capped at 60) through everything I can and wanted the chest from Skeram so had a crack at it yesterday.

The only NR I had was from two greens from AH and MOTW but yeah I wiped on 2nd and 3rd splits respectively, decided I needed to do it badly enough to go and respec - grabbed the Imp Sacred shield talents and some healing ones as well also got a flask of chromatic wonder and it was caek from there, didn't even need to bubble 2nd split and didn't need LOH, was pretty satisfying after getting so close a few times in normal spec.

I like AD, if you die you will get all that hp back >.> Certainly good to have as a backup for soloing.

Oh - I found with concentration aura I could cast uninterrupted outside of splits (once split skeram interrupts) so popping sacred shield, cancelling divine plea and casting a flash of light just before split gives you a good bit of extra healing through the initial part of split.

Also - I prefer to do the fight facing towards the wall - adds seem to always aggro anyway and this way I could easily see what was happening.

Could actually go the whole hog into aura mastery so that you can cast a holy light or 2 during splits
Sarutankah

Postby Donahu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm

I can't find this sweet spot in the middle that prevents the two side ones from coming. Anyone able to take a SS and mark said position? :D
Donahu

Postby Ulrik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

There is no sweet spot anymore. Max burn and bubble/LoH every 25%. Then autoattack with light/wis and let CD's recharge for the next phase. I don't think all three spam shocks, just the ones you aren't autoattacking. HotR doesn't count to trick them into thinking they're taking melee and stop.
Ulrik

Previous

Return to General Strats