Using Lightwell for some bossfights. Was:A stick in his arse

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Playdoh » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:06 pm

HoL - I usually whisper the healer, they typically know the deal there.

It is the last boss of the instance, everyone is going to know if you have good dps, mediocre dps, or bad dps.

Best HoL ever. We were a little low on dps, so we were having everyone run including me.

DK let's me get threat, but right as he casts lightning nova the DK casts army of the dead.

Since they are treated as pets they didn't die to the nova, we all ran back and forth and got the achievement.

To me that was funny.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Off topic: Can we rename this thread to something more informative? :)
Kelaan

Postby yappo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Kelaan wrote:Off topic: Can we rename this thread to something more informative? :)

LOL :D

Btw: Stick up .... for the win. I'm beginning to love Lightwell. UK hc as per description in Post your successes yesterday. Today our (not as horribly undergeared as yesterday) tiny guild had a lol-fest in VH hc.

It's simply amazing how much easier things are when your DPS can handle their heals themselves. Tactics in general are becoming: put stick there (jumps on spot). I'll handle boss. Healer concentrate on me. DPS kill.

So we probably could use some 'proper' tactics and training, but, honestly, with Lightwell, why bother? As long as we don't use the stick for fights where it simply won't work (prolonged AOE-damage from bosses) we're fine.

Try it. It's a lot easier to teach triggerhappy DPS to rightclick on one spot than going through complicated maneuvers not involving maximising dps-output at every possible stage of the fight.

We're talking about a cheap spell that pours out 6 - 10k health in six seconds, ten times, without the healer being involved, as long as I pump out enough threat to ensure I'm the one taking abusive damage.
yappo

Previous

Return to General Strats