Remove Advertisements

Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby ARogers » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 am

Aysun wrote:I managed to solo all of heroic MgT. I mostly used retri and BV gear (badge/heroic level), ending up with 3kish AP and 1500ish BV. This was pre-double-ShoR fix but I imagine it's still doable.

No orb, no mount. :(

Is there a way you can post your gear? I have a tough time making a setup like that. I'm horrible at making soloing setups.
ARogers

Postby Palalaladin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:15 am

i can pretty easily get to 2nd boss but he kicks my ass. are you using arcane resist set? killing adds or burning boss? (think must be adds cos letting them live adds huge amount of dmg intake)
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby Aysun » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:11 am

Palalaladin wrote:i can pretty easily get to 2nd boss but he kicks my ass. are you using arcane resist set? killing adds or burning boss? (think must be adds cos letting them live adds huge amount of dmg intake)

I didn't use any AR, just my normal BV farming set which includes:

Spiked Titansteel Helm (with the +5% BV meta)
Burning Skull Pendant
T7 Shoulders
Tattered Castle Drape
T7 Chest
Bands of the Stoneforge
Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath
Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle
Staggering Legplates
Death-Inured Sabatons
Unsmashable Heavy Band
Titanium Earthguard Ring
Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 and it's brewfest copy
Slayer of the Lifeless
Titansteel Shieldwall
Libram of Obstruction.

As for the tactic, first I just tried ignoring the adds but they did, as you said, tons of damage so I proceeded to kill them and just nuked the boss down. DS and LoH were both used. Without double ShoR it's no doubt harder but I believe it's doable.
Aysun - level 80 Paladin - Zenedar EU
Avah - level 80 Shaman - Zenedar EU
Ferra - level 80 Rogue - Zenedar EU
Aysun

Postby Palalaladin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:02 am

i have better gear and im still getting raped quite easily :-(.
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby kalfar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Hey, Ive managed to solo MGT 2nd Boss afew days ago.... it was a bitch

After multiple tries of trying different tactics, ive found this out.... You need... alot of cooldowns xD

Anyway, Heres what i did

Started with Wings, and Just went all out, Instantly destroying the little sparky things, the extra damage Is well worth it, You need to hold out till the next Set of Sparks, while going all out DPS, Soon as they come I destroyed them bubbled and Bandaged, By this point it will still look like your losing, Just keep pumping the DPS Out And Use Lay on hands at the latest moment possible.. When he gets low, Last 20% Ish, You need to hope for some tasty Shor/Hor Crits and Proceed with the DPS and pop a Pot, When i did this i ended with 3-4k HP.

There was a little trick at 70, Standing Under the lamps or somthing to Negate the Debuff from the sparks, But the Damage is too good to pass up imo, And it might have been fixed (?).

After that, Got Nasty trash groups, so i go a Shadow priest to help me, And the "Arena" Boss Dropped like a sack of potatoes...(Apart from the bit where the priest died :D) Got the Sunvial, Which we both had from 70, So we went onto Kael... He went down rather smooth, Doubt he is solable, Unless you bring Some Fire resistance, 'cause the 4-6k Fire balls are nothing to joke about, Not expecting nothing.. but the mount dropped <3 And the priest already had it so i took it.

Anyway, Good luck with crazy solo Tankadin skillz!

-Kalfar - Defias brotherhood EU
kalfar

Postby combatwombat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:52 am

First boss wasn´t that bad and died first try. 2nd was a huge pain but somehow i managed to kill him on my 8th or so try with killing adds asap and using bubbble somewhere in the middle and only using a pot(loh was on cd)

3rd boss i gave up on. Had rogue, warr, lock and shaman. i spent 75% of the fight stunned or knocked down. Possibly doable if i run in and bubble early to try and burst 1 down but not sure really...
combatwombat

Postby Leuthas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am

I have been trio-ing all of the BC heroics, me as the tank being level 70. It's not all that hard as long as I hold threat over the 80 mage dps, who likes to go all out with dps :x I tend to you Divine Protection a lot, which helps in the tough situations. Really I imagine MgT could be soloed, and as someone said in a post above, they have. I think I should try soloing it on normal, see what happens.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Tropicana » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 am

I managed to do all of heroic MgT a few days ago, and twice more since then. Yes, 2nd boss sucks.

I take down the 2nd boss in all ret gear, except sword/shield, libram, and lavanthor's trinket. Open with avenging wrath and trinket, keep up sacred shield, and burn him down as fast as you can while making sure to kill the adds also. I seal wisdom, judge light. LoH when you get to around 4-5k HP, keep nuking him. Usually he will be around 20% when I need to divine shield. Usually have enough mana for 2-3 big heals.
When DS ends, you should be good to finish him off without any problems.

3rd boss is easy mode, a few adds are annoying, rogue stuns, fury warrior knockdown, shaman purge.

Kael takes awhile, but not real challenging. Be sure to fire resist aura, interrupt fireballs when you can. When phoenix is up just stay on Kael, aoe will take it down.
Tropicana

Re: Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Postby latchee » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Each time I solo Delrissa, she is unlotable. Does anyone has this bug ? (even if i don't care, i just want the mount from Kael)
latchee

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:58 am

Are you killing her adds as well?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Tropicana » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Happens to me often, but not all the time. There must be some kill order that triggers her not being lootable. /shrug
Tropicana

Postby Arganorr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:45 am

Second boss was a bit stressy, but downed it on first try ( as i managed to do with all the others).

First i pulled all the mana wyrms, and aoe'd them down. With the nice dmg buff still up (was at about 70% hp or so, forgot to bandage lol) i just went all out on the boss, took sparks when they spawned. When i got low the first time i used LoH, second time DS ( he was practically dead already then).
i think i forgot to switch to max dps set even.
Was pretty fun alltogether, and got the Phoenix Pet.

Edit: Was on HC mode.
Arganorr

Postby latchee » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm

After some tests, if you want to loot delrissa, you have to kill her in last.
Don't know why, but you can't loot her otherwise.
latchee

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

I don't know how you guys managed to solo KT. He always seems to Pyroblast twice (bubble through first, SOL for the second) before I can get him past 50%. I did have the Arcane Resist (level 70) Karazhan gear crafted for the second boss which makes him much easier. For Delrissa, it's easy if you don't get the Shaman. If you do, for me it was basically a survivability contest. Consecrate and do your best to live. Once the Shaman is out of mana, it's pretty much over.

I got my white chicken though, so I'm done with that place.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tandors » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm

I did manage to solo all the way to the 3rd boss the other day. Besides the second boss, everything was a joke. For the second boss I killed a ton of the adds but not all of them. To give an example of how many stacks I got, I hit the boss for a 20k Hammer of Wrath. It took me about 4 tries but when i finally got him down, I only used LoH. I did pick up a healer for the 3rd boss but after doing it a few times with him, I think that if you don't get the shaman (you can see when you first enter. If you get him then just run out and reset.) then it is fairly simple. Just live until the main boss runs out of mana and then stun and then silence. That 9 seconds or so should be plenty of time to get the boss low enough to kill. Kael is also easily soloable. Just be sure to keep your mana high and toss out some heals in the 2nd phase after you let divine plea drop off.
Tandors

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats