(H) Utgarde Keep

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

(H) Utgarde Keep

Postby Tigermeat » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 am

So i decided to try out my hand at heroics. I had read that UK was a good starting point so I found a pug to experiment and away we went. I actually had alot of fun. A few close calls, and the only wipe was on the first boss, even after I said
"stack up on me so I can grab the adds quicker with thunderclap"
Basically it was just bad luck. The healer was the first to get imprisoned, then me next. On the second attempt I ended up resisting 3 ice prisons in a row, made for a much smoother kill. Thank you icebane girdle.
Finally got revered with Wyrmrest, got my stompers and a new chestpiece, but wondering if I should gem out the icebane chestgaurd for the huge stamina boost, taking a hit on def. rating. Right now I am sitting at 537 def, but if I go for the icebane chest, gemming strictly for def, I will likely be down to 520ish, but my EH will go up dramatically. Any thoughts on this?
Tigermeat

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:27 am

Knowing what chest are you wearing would help.

Secondary thought: no matter if you are a warrior, pala or dk, losing the defense cap is WRONG.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ARogers » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 am

It looks like he's using the Wyrmrest chest from his post. I would STRONGLY suggest not using the icebane chest. It may give you more health, but the Wyrmrest should have higher EH and threat both. If you're in heroics ALWAYS ALAYS ALWAYS stay over the 535 def. A tank with 19k life and 535def can run better and is easier to heal than a 21k lifer with only 500def. Crits will be very spikey!
ARogers

Postby Tigermeat » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 am

thanks guys. Yes I am wearing the Wyrmrest chest right now, and I have an enchanter alt, and jewelcrafter alt, both hovering near max skill, so I have alot of options when regarding enchants, gems etc. haha, I guess I could gem my icebane chest for resilience and crit and make it a PvP. Right now its just collecting dust in my bank. Are there any raids that require high frost resistance? Not that I have ever done a raid, but still, it would give me a reason not to put it in my "gear bank tab" never to be seen again.
Tigermeat

Return to General Strats