Remove Advertisements

Hi..Which Heroics I can farm first..

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Hi..Which Heroics I can farm first..

Postby Bilal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 am

Hello...
Excuse me if this is the wrong link to ask this question,but I want to know which heroics I should farm first to get the Heroisims besides I am guildless and I PUG alot.
Thank You

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Bilall
"Tankadins". The Righteous Defenders
Bilal

Postby smeej » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 am

I think the discussion is more or less here: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... 89&start=0

I never have problems when I PUG Drak'Tharon, Nexus, Violet Hold, Culling of Stratholme, or Utgarde Keep, so I'd recommend working on those.

If your PUG isn't braindead you can do Utgarde Pinnacle and get your Red Sword of Courage.
smeej

Postby Bilal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 am

You are absloutely right. What's killing me is how come that I fail to complete 3 heroics Dungeons for couple days,which I ran succesfully the begining of the last week. :D
"Tankadins". The Righteous Defenders
Bilal

Postby smeej » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:45 am

Randomness of PUGs, don't let it get you down. Keep reading tanking guides and knowing what you are doing and don't assume that since you got into a bad group that you are a bad tank. I've found that crap PUGs can be worked with if you explicitly state base rules like "Skull means main target" and refresh everyone how every boss battle is fought in about two lines.

"Don't attack during Bane and stay away from Ymiron's balls," for example.
smeej

Postby skrith2 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 pm

You're better geared than I was when I started running heroics, and we were doing everything pretty easily.

That being said I still can't find a group that wants to run HOL and have been to lazy to do whatever the other one is that I haven't done yet.
skrith2

Postby guillex » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 pm

This feels like it's asking the question "Is my gear alright for these encounters?"

Because of that, I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. If it starts going astray, it'll be moved into the gear forums.

Thanks.

-Guillex
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby warden » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Being guildless, the strongest reccomendation I can give you is to try and develop a consistant friend base of strong players to run with. A couple good heroics, friend the people that do well, and hit them up when you are trying to fill a pug out.. this will make things MUCH easier. Instances where the tricky parts are tank-specific, and require little from the rest of the group might suit you best... UK is a great example there. As reccomended above, a couple lines before a boss fight making sure everyone knows what to do can go a long way toward making or breaking a group. Of the ones to avoid in open pugs, I'd shy away from Old Kingdom, HoS, and HoL. Building that friend base above, however, can help you build strong groups for these more difficult heroics.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Archimeades » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Vent + friend who knows what's up with the instance = win. Even if you can't find a decent guild (Lord knows I went through a LOT of guilds to find a good one) one or two friends who can talk you through the instance the first few times is a life saver.
Archimeades

Return to General Strats