Remove Advertisements

Tips for Doomwalker duo kill?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Tips for Doomwalker duo kill?

Postby Rumzy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Is there any real strat for this? Or just walk up and kill?

Went in with me (healing priest) and a tankadin last night, got him to about 75% then got smacked, aggro started bouncing between us for some reason and just couldn't keep up.

Not real sure what we are missing if anything. Pally was bubbling every so often to get rid of the armor debuff, I was staying max range to stay out of quakes/lightning.

Pally is blue geared, I am mostly heroic epics, should the pally be better geared or did we just have bad luck?

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Lurker Supreme
Rumzy

Postby Elsie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:14 am

You walk up and kill it. The strategy is get a holy paladin with a lot of INT (basically full naxx 10/25 gear) since they can heal for 10k+ and never go oom.

Oh, and he can taunt 40 yards away to reset melt armor. You can't outrun quake nor do you need to. A holy paladin's Sacred Shield absorbs almost all of it. The chain lightning is only 10-15 yards so a holy paladin can technically melee the boss and be out of range from the tank.

The highest I saw doomwalker hit me for was 9000 during the enrage with 7 or 8 stacks of melt armor. I promptly was hit by holy light to full and melt armor fell off during a charge.
Elsie

Postby Rumzy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:19 pm

so to sum up your post, your tip is "don't go, you're a priest". thanks. Kinda the reason I put our classes in the op, so that I could get tips that would help us.

anyone else have anything helpful to add? Any tank gear req's?
Lurker Supreme
Rumzy

Postby phaqueue » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Actually - I believe the original post I saw about this was a tankadin and a priest...

I do it with a resto druid every spawn... works well for alli druid... when he gets low on mana... he will shadowmeld/flight form and go up top to drink

as far as tank gear... I was in mostly heroic/naxx10 gear when I did it...

for the armor debuff... the pally can bubble taunt to remove, or you just have to heal through it...

with full armor debuff, he hits for around 8k... which still isn't too bad...

don't see any reason why this can't be done with priest/paladin... the paladin has to be paying attention and taunt when he charges you... the charge shouldn't hit that hard...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Pikkel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 am

I farm Doomwalker every reset(if someone doesn't get there before me) with a holy priest. IMO priest > pally healer for this. The new light well is extreamly OP for doing old school stuff like this. until the debuff stacks 5-6+ you wouldn't even need to heal the 'tank' the well would keep them up just fine. My priest friends well ticks for over 3k. If you want to go all out grab the glyph of lightwell, ticks for over 3600 with that lol. I really can't stress enough how great the new lightwell is for 2 maning stuff like this.

And about you being killed. either the pally messed up big time or you got very unlucky. It has happened to me where I've been knocked WAY back during a 'charge'. I'm talking like 100+yards, which makes it quite hard to get back in time, although it is still possible to. before the enrage he shouldn't be one shotting a clothie either. Just make sure the pally is ready to taunt/ranged attack doom as soon as the aggro wipe happens. Also helps a lot if the pally keeps his back up against a wall, I stand right in a corner when I do it now. I get a lot less huge knockback's than when I stood in the middle.

Some random tips:

-use your bubble to clear stacks of the debuff when it gets high. The fight will last roughly 20 minutes so you can do this a few times.
-Lightwell, Lightwell, Lightwell :D
-Pally save AS for after aggro wipe(only use it at this time)
-Make sure you are both ready for the Enrage(pally bubble off CD, you have close to full mana)

take care,
Pikkel
Pikkel

Postby Elsie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:30 am

Rumzy wrote:so to sum up your post, your tip is "don't go, you're a priest". thanks. Kinda the reason I put our classes in the op, so that I could get tips that would help us.

Okay.... fine.

1. block value and SBR are more valuable since it allows you to skip out on holy shield for mana as you'll often be hit for very little. BV is stronger since melt armor doesn't affect it. STR, by correlation, is also good. However, don't neglect avoidance pieces where the gains in avoidance are higher than the SBR gain.

2. Any healer that doesn't oom easily will work. One with a taunt or higher armor or strong CD is preferable. Must be able to bomb heal during enrage if Melt Armor gets too high for some reason.

3. Stand in a corner to avoid knockback. I recommend left side of the BT "front gate" (not entrance) since it has a "U" shape giving your healer range from the chain lightning but neither of you can get knocked very far. He can also run a distance easily if you lose threat and are stunned / knocked out of position.

4. Put up damage preventions during ground pound to avoid the stuns. Higher armor is preferable since it's physical damage. Sacred Shield is excellent for this.
Elsie

Return to General Strats