Remove Advertisements

Quick question on H Old Kingdom

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Quick question on H Old Kingdom

Postby Guyte » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:37 am

I ran (tried to) old kingdom the other night and is seems I was taking some HUGE hits from the casters in the instance, and I am wondering if everyone has had the same problem?

I am geared enough that it should not be a problem, or so I thought. Was it possibly just a poor healer or am I missing something?

I am guessing a druid may help to bring along for the resist buff and some more cc may help. Is there an ideal group you all bring along to make this instance less of a pain?

Thanks in advance
Link to armory
Guyte

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:48 am

Yea, there is one "Shadowcaster" or smth dont remember the name of the spider, however it does a 20k shadowblast or smth.
Just mark it skull and make sure to interrupt them.
HoJ and Holy wrath should both work if the dps are lasy interrupting.
Treck

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Shadow blast. Hit for 9k regular, 20k or so heroic. 5 seconds cast time. Have people interrupt it or kill it first.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kracus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:51 am

Always kill the spell slinger first

Always watch out for the worshipers casting that mage flame ae ability.

Always kill the Bone Mages first.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Zeels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Look on the addon forums. Install TJH (That just happened)

There is one there for warning when shadownova or whatever the name is called is cast.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Danth » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:20 pm

If you don't have a group that can reliably interrupt the Spell-Flingers, you can LOS it, too.

Danth
Medivh server, on hiatus
Danth

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:25 am

spell flingers are easy if you have a compotent group... run in - wait till they are towards the end of cast... HoJ them... make sure DPS is burning them first... and you should have at least 1 other person who can stun or interrupt... but it really shouldn't matter that much...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Levantine » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:10 am

We had a little bit of trouble with those the other day.

I was along as dps, but I was bored so I wanted to see how little damage I could take from them....turns out I can keep myself alive almost indefinately against them (Interrupt -> Silence -> Interrupt -> AMS -> Interrupt.7)

The moral of this story is if you have a competant and bored deathknight make them tank the spell flingers. :3
Levantine

Postby Othersider » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 am

spell flingers have a ridiculously long cast that deals a set percentage of your total health pool. On heroic I believe it's 80%.
Othersider

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:44 am

Spellflingers are just another mob that makes me happy I glyphed for the exorcism interrupt.

Holy wrath, exorcism, hammer of justice, exorcism, and possibly another holy wrath.
Belloc

Postby Mex » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:58 am

Yeah as others have said, it's a really long cast time (4 seconds, maybe even 6), and if you mark it to be killed first, you can HoJ -> holy wrath and it'll be dead before it can get a cast off. Bone mages are only nasty cause they come in pairs, along with the shades. Holy wrath to interrupt their early damage while your healer gets in position, then again, HoJ should keep one locked down long enough for it to die. Once one's dead the rest are easy.

Worshippers are a real pain though, mostly cause it's hard to convince people to move out of flame strike. As soon as I see em cast it, I drag them away.

On another note, has anyone noticed that those mobs that come with Worshippers (not darkcasters, acolytes I think they're called), have a heal that seems to be bugged? It heals them for about 4% of their max health. Not even worth interrupting.
Mex

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:10 am

Mex wrote:Yeah as others have said, it's a really long cast time (4 seconds, maybe even 6), and if you mark it to be killed first, you can HoJ -> holy wrath and it'll be dead before it can get a cast off. Bone mages are only nasty cause they come in pairs, along with the shades. Holy wrath to interrupt their early damage while your healer gets in position, then again, HoJ should keep one locked down long enough for it to die. Once one's dead the rest are easy.

Worshippers are a real pain though, mostly cause it's hard to convince people to move out of flame strike. As soon as I see em cast it, I drag them away.

On another note, has anyone noticed that those mobs that come with Worshippers (not darkcasters, acolytes I think they're called), have a heal that seems to be bugged? It heals them for about 4% of their max health. Not even worth interrupting.

For bone mages, just put on frost aura. For worshippers, have them be the first kill target and HoJ them.

If there are two worshippers, CC (lol) one.
Belloc

Return to General Strats