Remove Advertisements

[H] Old Kingdom - last boss timed achievement

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Old Kingdom - last boss timed achievement

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:06 am

I saw that LOS'ing the insanity had been confirmed nerfed, so has anyone figured out how to do this for the timed achievement yet?

I have yet to find a way that doesn't involve skipping the insanitys...

every time we take any kind of healer... you take forever killing the freaking things... healers are able to spam basically full health bar heals forever... and if you don't have an interrupt or insane DPS... you just stand there forever trying to kill them...

just wondering if anyone has a good strat for this... thanks!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:35 am

First thing's first: Everyone except for the healer is going to need to be able to get through the insanity on their own. Just CC/Stun the healer and kill it quickly, then finish off the DPS.

At this point, you need two things: Great DPS and a rogue/warlock/hunter/whoever can slow casts. Get the boss to 35-37% (and NO lower) and make sure mind-numbing/curse of tongues is on the boss. Wait for him to cast mind flay. The moment he starts casting mind flay, everyone starts DPSing as hard as they can. If you have heroism, even better.

You need to get him from 35-37% to 0% before he completes casting his second insanity.

So, yeah, the only way to do it is to skip the second insanity. There is no other way. Do not try this with the first insanity, because if you drop him from 67-69% to under 33%, you'll get two sets of insanity adds (at least, that's what I've heard).

Good luck.

edit: Oh, it helps if your healer is fully DPS specced (shadow, ret, ele/enh, balance/feral) If your healer has enough points in their healing tree, their mob will cast heals. If they are fully DPS specced, they'll just DPS, making insanity phases go MUCH quicker.
Belloc

Postby Cearn » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:20 am

Didn't do it myself but having 4~5 DPS (one of them has to be a Shaman) worked for quite some people i know. Same as Anub'Arak actually.
Doing the double Heroism trick with 3 Paladins and 2 Shamans might be equite useful as well.
Cearn

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 am

Belloc wrote:So, yeah, the only way to do it is to skip the second insanity. There is no other way. Do not try this with the first insanity, because if you drop him from 67-69% to under 33%, you'll get two sets of insanity adds (at least, that's what I've heard).

You dont have to skip any insanity.
Its not like Gotta go!, however its not an easy achievement you just faceroll through after the nerf.
I did it pre nerf, but after we managed Gotta go! i had to bring the other 4 through a few of the achivements they had not yet done, that includes thisone.
Hunter
2x TG warr
Protadin
Holydin.
Atleast thats our setup we used.
We tried over and over again having everyone dpsing to be able to skip insanity but didnt know all the mechanics about it so we didnt manage to skip one.
And the holy pally was delaying us over and over again about the heals :S
We did it that when he is casting insanity, we all (everyone but the hunter) gathered up in one place.
Everyone just goes all out on the illusions asap, healer just standing healing himself waiting for help.
Dont know if it helps, but i unequped weapon/shield when insanity was casting (with macro to swap it back on) same did the holypally.
Atleast the healer was easier to kill without shield.
After every clone was dead, just nuking the boss untill next insanity and rinse and repeat.
Came out of the second insanity with about 20sec left and 20% on the boss.
Id expect it would be easier going with a tank, and 4 dpsers (with an offhealer) since what ruined us was the healer healing to much, if they dps instead if they are dps specced it would for sure make the insanity phase easier and faster.
Took a few tries, about 5 or 6 tries. Healing isnt that crutial, i wonder how much of the chars original stats goes over to the clones, i think every clone had about 12k hp, healers healing for about 60-70% of their hp :S but should die in a hammerstunn. If the original chars stats goes to the clone, the healer could always remove a few gearparts, as long as they can keep themselves up against 4 clones.

Doing the double Heroism trick with 3 Paladins and 2 Shamans might be equite useful as well.

Wut? did i miss smth?
Treck

Postby cordelia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:40 pm

Treck is correct.

I haven't done it yet, but we had a ret pally w/some holy offhealing for Watch them die, and a resto shammy. Impossible. The shammy respecced, and we ALMOST killed him, but the ret pally was healing everyone the whole time. Next time we go in, NO ONE will have a single point in a healing tree.

Secondly, unequipping all weapons/armors/librams/ranged is definitely the way to go. I haven't tried stacking, yet, but I presume that will help, too.

This achievement is all about speeding up the insanity phases. So, whatever you can do towards that end will help.
cordelia

Postby Threatco » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Abuse shield smash bug then go help your healer.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Tribunus » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:01 am

Threatco wrote:Abuse shield smash bug then go help your healer.

Belloc wrote:First thing's first: Everyone except for the healer is going to need to be able to get through the insanity on their own. ...

I really don't understand these comments; it must vary by what healing class you run with. I am spec'ed Holy now with ~1800 healing and 20k mana: I kill all four of my party first nearly every time by using Ret aura, Consecrate, Judgement, and Holy Shock while the other members struggle to keep my evil twin locked down until help shows up. :twisted:

Most amusing fight was a PUG where the pallie tank and I gibb'ed the DPS, but still managed to defeat the boss with me mixing DPS/healing.
Tribunus

Postby Threatco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:21 am

I cheat more.

First I stun/interupt first heal. Then I arcane torrent the last one. Cheese cake.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby omnomlets » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:17 am

Bring a non-heal spec healer. A shadowpriest works great. Have them slip into shadowform just before insanity finishes casting and their copy won't heal. They're strong at blowing things up because they're shadow, you'll have an easy time getting out because there's no healer. It's win/win.
omnomlets

Postby Cearn » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:14 am

Treck wrote:

Wut? did i miss smth?

Heroism for first insanity.
Bubble during/after first insanity.
Kill your second Shaman (or both).
Ankh.
Go nuts with a second Heroism.

We accidentially did that some time ago in UK when our Enhancer got lol-smacked by ingvar.
Cearn

Postby Treck » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 am

Bubble away exaustion?
Does not work, atleast i would risk my purplz for that.
Dying tho, sure go ahead their repairbills
Treck

Postby Cearn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 am

so worked for me
Cearn

Postby Treck » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:22 am

Tested: Does not work.
Would be way to OP if it did... (would mean Iceblock would remove the debuff aswell.)
No, just no. Wont work
Treck

Postby Cearn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:39 am

that, is sad
Cearn

Postby theshard » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:10 pm

If things go badly, do not DI the priest during insanity.
theshard

Next

Return to General Strats