Remove Advertisements

Watch Him Die!

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Watch Him Die!

Postby Rolfson » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 am

I have been working on getting my awesome Red Proto-Drake for a while now, and one of the achievements I am having major trouble with is Watch Him Die http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1296 (as well as doing H Occulus w/o a green drake.) . So, any suggestions on how to do this? I have no real problems running it if I kill the other guys, but this just seems near impossible!
Rolfson

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:38 am

Bringing an off tank helps a lot. This way, one of you can tank the guy while the other kites the adds back through the instance (or a DPS with an aggro drop can do it).
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Treck » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 am

Watch Him Die:
I AoE tank the whole room.
Everything is undead so Holy Wrath is very good for mitigation.
Bring GOOD dps, to just go all out on the boss.
Trinkets, bubblewall and hope for the best pretty much.
Priesthealer is rather easy since he heals when he dies without interrupts etc.
Paladin with bubble would make it rather easy aswell, havnt tried tho.
Doing it this way requires luck, sometimes it works, sometimes it wont (webbing/confusion or whatever the adds sometimes do).

Emerald void:
2ruby.
3ambers.
Have the healer using a red one and let him die (over a playform)
Then letting the 2nd ruby dragon tank. And let your healer heal that dragon that is tanking ^^
(make sure the red dragon picks up the adds, they will kill the healer otherwise :P)
Treck

Postby Rolfson » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:17 am

so when going for Watch Him Die should i kite all the adds to the beginning, Holy Wrath, then go pick up boss and hope heroism + dps kills it? or just run in yelling "FOR NARNIA!!!!!" etc and hope for the best?
Rolfson

Postby Cowadin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Rolfson wrote:so when going for Watch Him Die should i kite all the adds to the beginning, Holy Wrath, then go pick up boss and hope heroism + dps kills it? or just run in yelling "FOR NARNIA!!!!!" etc and hope for the best?

we had a hunter pull all the adds and run for the entrance, the other 4 of us ran in and killed the boss before the hunter got killed/adds came back.

let me rephrase that. we killed the boss as all the mobs came back, raped the entire group, and i had to use all my CDs to stay alive and solo the boss the last 5%.

yea -- it was close, but the achievement is complete =)

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:32 pm

bring 4 dps. Run in, bubble wall, holy wrath, etc. DPS kills boss, ding achievement, then you all die horribly.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Rolfson wrote:"FOR NARNIA!!!!!"

^ This pretty much.
Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.
Treck

Postby Sober » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:24 am

After you clear the 3 pull before the watchers, head to the right and there should be a ledge, it leads up around the right side of the boss. The trick here is to drop down and single target pull the boss (Exorcism). The healer needs to stand on the ledge and pull aggro with big heals on the watcher + add packs. They have to run around, up to the ledge to get to the healer. When they get close, the healer drops down and the adds have to path back. This should spare maybe 20 seconds at best. I'd bring a BL/Hero for this. Also you will die after you get the achievement but the watchers despawn.

(I have the achievement on my armory if you want to see for yourself :P)
Sober

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:35 am

Sober wrote:After you clear the 3 pull before the watchers, head to the right and there should be a ledge, it leads up around the right side of the boss.

AHA! I'd been looking in the wrong place for this ledge. Thanks! :-) (I had initially read it as the ledge being that window thing.)

Also: I'm thinking that a group with 3 ret paladins would make this much easier -- 4 sets of Holy Wrath, plus hammers? Excellent.
Kelaan

Postby Derbish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:29 pm

We went with the kite strategy. We started by having a mage pull the adds, and run up the hall, but when he died, the boss reset, so we ended up doing the following:

I ran in and proximity aggroed all 3 sets of adds, which ran up to me in the center of the room. The mage had a flame strike timed to go off just after they all got there, then he ran up the hall (a speed potion might have helped here).

Once we were in the clear, we opened up on the boss. The mage iceblocked and all the mobs on him headed back. When the ice block broke, the adds turned around at went after the mage again. This bought us a lot of extra time.
Derbish

Postby Ossuary » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Treck wrote:
Rolfson wrote:"FOR NARNIA!!!!!"

^ This pretty much.
Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

It's more fun this way anyways~
Ossuary

Postby cordelia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:17 am

For those who want to do the kite strategy, understand that if you're attempting this, you're normally geared enough so that you can at least tank and kill the left two packs of adds, while tanking 2 watchers. That gets rid of skirmishers. At that point, pull the third pack. Life is much easier without skirmishers, and with only 5 mobs to kite and live through. You could even bring an off-healer to heal you at the top of the ramp. paladin w/bubble works best for web wrap, but lots of things work.
cordelia

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Sober wrote:After you clear the 3 pull before the watchers, head to the right and there should be a ledge, it leads up around the right side of the boss.... The healer needs to stand on the ledge and pull aggro with big heals on the watcher + add packs. They have to run around, up to the ledge to get to the healer.

My healer told me (on three attempts) that I kept going out of line of sight of him; and the one time he DID get threat, he said the mobs just attacked him up the ramp. Has anyone been able to do this? Did I just have poor healer (or tank) placement? I'm inclined to try it with a different healer, since this one wasn't pre-casting a big heal, so I'd pretty much die in the first five seconds, anyways. The LOS issue, though, is something I'd like to solve. I'd rather this not be one of the "lets just brute force overgear it" ones.
Kelaan

Postby Senador » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:27 pm

I did watch him die by kiting the intial waves. Exorcism left group, Shield middle, and had a hunter MD the right group to me. Dropped a consecrate at the corner so they all ran through it, and ran like hell to the zone line. Used Holy Wrath if the Skirmisher's jumped me to buy me a little extra time.

I actually found Emerald Void to be very easy (The only void I had a challenge with was Ruby).

We went with 2 Ruby, 3 Amber. Rubies job is easy, shoot whelps and bank their attack into the boss, if no whelps shoot boss, Martrydom/Evasive when you can.

Ambers are a bit more tricky as its pretty timing constraining and needs some coordination.

Amber 1 Time stops shortly after pull, then channels the DPS increase beam. Amber 2 and 3 proceed to Shock Lance boss during this time. When the time stop is just about up, Amber 1 should have 10 charges, Amber 2 and 3 now Channel the beam, and Amber 1 Shocklances, this will hit the boss for about 150k damage, and give Amber 2 and 3 a full 10 charges. Amber 2 and 3 now shock lance; and then Amber 2 Time stops. Amber 2 then Channels the beam while 1 and 3 shoot Shock Lances. At 10 charges, Amber 1 and 3 use the beam, and Amber 2 shock lances, followed by Amber 1 and 3 Shock Lancing. Then repeat this with Amber 3 starting the time stop. If done right, you should knock him to 60% in a matter of seconds, with the Reds picking up any whelps left over and being able to avoid and soak damage through the time stop overlaps. At 60 percent move as a group away from the boss to avoid his orbs, and basically use this time to allow your stun DRs to reset.

Repeat from the beginning and he should get to 20% in short order, avoid orbs again and then finish the last 20% off.
Senador

Postby Cema » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Êasiest way to do it imo is to bring 2 tanks (you + warrior to kick the aoe blind) and maybe 2 healers (shaman for poison and another)

This should not be epic in any way cause the fight would be easy but it would be done =)
Cema

Next

Return to General Strats