Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Tropicana » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:00 pm

^^
Well that was inspiring. Decided to give it a try as you suggested. Got to 50% first try, was a GCD away from LoH, but didn't make it. 2nd attempt got both adds first split, blew LoH, 50% again both adds again. 3rd attempt I guess my positioning was off because Skeram kept earthshock spamming me after the first add was down, died. Respawns, server restart.

Getting a chromatic wonder flask and maybe 1 more piece of NR gear. Was resisting 1000 damage off earth shocks with the 3 wildguard pieces.
Tropicana

Postby Bughead » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:26 am

I tryed to get into Zul'aman last night to try soloing things but I couldn't get the door to open by dinging the gong , (I was grouped with 1 other and set it to raid)

Do you need 10 in the group to get the door open ? .. or is there a certain number of people needed to bang on the gong?
Bughead

Postby Koletha » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Trollgore and all his trash leading up to him in Drak'tharon Normal is soloable. Very easy, even after he got to some crazy amount of buff stacks he was still hitting for a puny amount on my mix of Naxx10/Heroic gear.

The majority of his damage came from Corpse Explosion, which was only 2.5k, almost everything else was dodged, blocked or parried.

Used Seal of Light and Judgement of Wisdom for most of the fight, although toward the end I just ended up doing Seal and Judge of Wisdom as it was clear he wasn't going to kill me in the time it would take me to burn his last 20% or so.

The drops are nothing to write home about but hey, it's fun to solo stuff!

True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written,
In writing what deserves to be read,
And in so living as to make the world happier for our living in it.
Koletha

Postby phaqueue » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Bughead wrote:I tryed to get into Zul'aman last night to try soloing things but I couldn't get the door to open by dinging the gong , (I was grouped with 1 other and set it to raid)

Do you need 10 in the group to get the door open ? .. or is there a certain number of people needed to bang on the gong?

used to be 5 - thought this was changed last patch along with the other things like this... maybe not tho...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Tiatix » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 am

Koletha wrote:Trollgore and all his trash leading up to him in Drak'tharon Normal is soloable. Very easy, even after he got to some crazy amount of buff stacks he was still hitting for a puny amount on my mix of Naxx10/Heroic gear.

The majority of his damage came from Corpse Explosion, which was only 2.5k, almost everything else was dodged, blocked or parried.

I did this the other night to get back to the Elder. I found that if you tank Trollgore with him at the top of the stairs (where the troll adds spawn from), the corpse explosions will, literally, go over your head.

I never once took CE damage.
Tiatix

Postby Devsio » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 am

Ormorok the Tree-Shaper is easily solo'able in heroic/10 man gear.
Devsio

Postby Tropicana » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Tropicana wrote:Killed Ouro today in AQ40 after everyone left after killing C'Thun. Took about 35 minutes. Forgot to take a screenshot this time around.

This fight would have been impossible, I believe, had it not been for the human racial "Every man for himself", and the trinket from shattered halls "Figurine of the Colossus".

Strategy: Seal and Judge light, Ret/Devo aura.
Wedge yourself in a corner, so you are never knocked halfway through the room after a Sweep ability.

When he emerges, I would use the trinket, with the many many adds hitting you, this should heal you up to full. Consecrate and focus on Ouro. He will sweep for 1-2k damage and shortly after he will cast Sand Blast, causing 2-3k damage, and stunning you for about 5 seconds. This is when the human racial (or 2 minute pvp trinket) comes in. Be quick on using it or the adds will work you down pretty quick. By the second time he uses Sand Blast, all the adds should be down.

When he submerges, sacred shield and Divine Plea. Most of the Quakes will be resisted, but sacred shield still makes it less of an annoyance. During the submerge phase, also throw a few heals, but save enough mana to reapply your seal before he emerges.

Right before each re-emerge, be sure to re-cast your seal. The trinket and racial will be ready just when you need it every time.

The fight is very easy, until 20%. At 20%, he will not submerge anymore, but will continue to summon adds, and Sand Blast. This means that the adds will be hitting you while stunned by sand blast. Be sure to save lay on hands, healing pots, and divine shield for this phase. Sand Blast will hit you through blessing of protection if not timed right, wasting it.

Took me 3 tries to down him. Probably won't be doing again because of the time it took.

Went for Ouro again today, first time since I posted that. Much much easier now that my gear is twice as good, still took a long time. Pic for confirmation this time:
Shield went yellow at about 15%, when the berserk started, luckily I had another.
Tropicana

Postby guillex » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 pm

[quote="Tropicana"]Pic for confirmation this time:
[img /img][quote]

Pic contains errors, according to my "View Image" result.

(and yes, I know my tags aren't closed/open. I didn't want to re-link the pic.)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Tropicana » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Hmm, seems fine to me.
Tropicana

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Ulrik » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:11 pm

After I ground out the first mobs in AQ40 for rep for something like 7 hours (got all the mounts at least) for the remaining rep to start the scepter chain, I soloed the Green shard sub chain with ease.

While I wasn't able to do it as prot I did manage to pull off soloing Doctor Wevil. He still does his insane mind control if you're the only one there and I couldn't quite kill him during the 2 min cd after bubbling it off. I checked my bank and grabbed my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34029 which I popped before the mc to keep him in combat while I bubble/cleansed and not reset the damage I put on him already.

I've done most of the stuff others here have, most of MC, 4 of aq20, handful of ZG, etc.
Ulrik

Postby Utero » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Add to the list flamegor. He s a cake as soon as you have onyxia cloak and find a pickup that do the first 2-3 bosses but cant cope w the rest. Drops cool looking stuffs and 130gold.

edit : just soloed Ebonroc aswell. didnt think would be possible because he heals for 25k everytime he hits you. However he doesnt count fully blocked hits as hits, so with holy shield up is like he never hits you.

Also you can solo All the trash packs in BWL. They drop nice cool-looking weapons and even elementium ores. Be sure you got time to do it if you go for that because the draconics usually takes 75% less dmg from holy spells, and the spellbinders are magic immune, just melee and surprise, the holy dmg of the hand of reckoning! (that holy dmg count as melee for some reason, same happens in kara and you can cause the holy dmg of hand of reckoning on the trash after the curator that are immune to consacration).

If you are wondering how s that useful since we cant solo vael and razorgore...well just plan a pickup that has no rogue(suppression room pain) and be sure noone has onyxia scale cloak---make the pug kill the first 2-3 then they will wipe&wipe&wipe and leave and you can do the rest.
Utero

Postby yodaopie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 am

Cool thread, looks like I haven't done anything no one else hasnt done already but still Its fun to see what people are doing, Im going to have to try killing a pug after Vael(I HATE VAEL) and seeing how much of BWL I can solo. Thanks Guys
yodaopie

Postby firstamendme » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:43 am

Razorgore;

I was messing around with my wife before my guild was going to get some alts the BWL achievement, and the two of us zoned in to BWL early. We accidentally pulled Razorgore and were both instantly saved to the instance, but instead of wiping right away we tried out some stuff.

I took Razorgore and pulled him to a corner where the caster mobs would run to me, and my wife (holy priest) stood behind me on consecrate. We aoe'd down Razorgore without popping any eggs/MCing to about 5% pretty quickly where we then forced a wipe so that we could still go with our guild later that day (since it had saved us to the instance on the pull). It took a VERY long time to force the wipe, even with the adds. My wife died instantly (wooo priesties), but I stood there taking very little damage and finally had to take off my sword and shield to speed things up.

My question is this: Has anyone tried to solo Razorgore? What happens if you kill him without using him to break the eggs? Does he just disappear? Still get loot? I'm tempted to go in and try it again, but I was wondering if anyone already had.
firstamendme

Postby Utero » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 am

If Razorgore dies without destroying all the eggs you get no loot and the encounter reset (razorgore respawns).
Utero

Postby Mosterd » Sat May 09, 2009 12:52 am

Not really solo'ing but i managed to down Big Bad Wolf this morning with a tankadin friend of mine :D

Ofcourse after this we tried Curator... and failed miserably :cry:
It is fun to do though and rewards nice Gold, think it was about 2 hours and we got about 180 gold each vendoring the epics/greenies.
Mosterd

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats