The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby bockhorn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Tropicana wrote:With 2 people, 1 person will get mind control'd and destroy the other person. You'll need some sort of CC, and 2 tanks, or 1 tank and a healer imo.

hmm bloody sucks that we cant enter aq then =/
bockhorn

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Tropicana wrote:With 2 people, 1 person will get mind control'd and destroy the other person. You'll need some sort of CC, and 2 tanks, or 1 tank and a healer imo.

I noticed this also when trying Hakkar duo (since I had him at 50% when he enraged). Just ... not pretty. Perhaps if the other were a paladin healer, lol ...
Kelaan

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:56 pm

So I'm looking to get ~2000 more rep with Lower City and Consortium and I figured I'd try to solo H MT and H Labs.

I didn't get too far because there was and instance bug/issue going on and instances would reset whenever I died and sometimes the game would think that I already had an ID and not let me into my original instance. Strange.

Anyhow I'm shamed to admit that when I was able to get into the instances I had trouble.

SLabs:
The first room gave me lots of issues, probably from underestimating it.
Any pull with more than one Acolyte healing gave me issues.
Any large pull with multiple mobs that knocked down gace me trouble.
Even the Warlocks with imps did a lot of damage, more than I figured with the level difference.

Once I made it past the first room I didn't have trouble with the Fel Guard or the Caster mobs there. Unfortunately the instance bugged out and I went over to Mana Tombs.

Mana Tombs:
Pretty easy up until Pandemonious.
The first time I didn't clear enough and I got jumped by extra mobs.
The second time he just did too much damage and ran me out of resources. I was taking alot of shadow damage even though I was blocking a good amount of it. After that attempt MT bugged out on me and I decided to PvP instead.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something on Pand?

Also how hard is Prince to do solo?

In Slabs, the first boss doesn't seem like he'd be an issue but what about the second boss?

Would anything happen during insight or would I just run around burning mana?

The warlock seems like he wouldn't be too hard as long as I had enough room to kite him but what about Murmur would think he'd be hard to solo?
Dragonzbane

Postby Tropicana » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Killed Ouro today in AQ40 after everyone left after killing C'Thun. Took about 35 minutes. Forgot to take a screenshot this time around.

This fight would have been impossible, I believe, had it not been for the human racial "Every man for himself", and the trinket from shattered halls "Figurine of the Colossus".

Strategy: Seal and Judge light, Ret/Devo aura.
Wedge yourself in a corner, so you are never knocked halfway through the room after a Sweep ability.

When he emerges, I would use the trinket, with the many many adds hitting you, this should heal you up to full. Consecrate and focus on Ouro. He will sweep for 1-2k damage and shortly after he will cast Sand Blast, causing 2-3k damage, and stunning you for about 5 seconds. This is when the human racial (or 2 minute pvp trinket) comes in. Be quick on using it or the adds will work you down pretty quick. By the second time he uses Sand Blast, all the adds should be down.

When he submerges, sacred shield and Divine Plea. Most of the Quakes will be resisted, but sacred shield still makes it less of an annoyance. During the submerge phase, also throw a few heals, but save enough mana to reapply your seal before he emerges.

Right before each re-emerge, be sure to re-cast your seal. The trinket and racial will be ready just when you need it every time.

The fight is very easy, until 20%. At 20%, he will not submerge anymore, but will continue to summon adds, and Sand Blast. This means that the adds will be hitting you while stunned by sand blast. Be sure to save lay on hands, healing pots, and divine shield for this phase. Sand Blast will hit you through blessing of protection if not timed right, wasting it.

Took me 3 tries to down him. Probably won't be doing again because of the time it took.
Tropicana

Postby gummyrabbit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 am

Anyone try to solo regular Black Morass?
gummyrabbit

Postby Tropicana » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 am

gummyrabbit wrote:Anyone try to solo regular Black Morass?

easy mode, heroic would probably be pretty easy too.
Tropicana

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am

Dragonzbane wrote:So I'm looking to get ~2000 more rep with Lower City and Consortium and I figured I'd try to solo H MT and H Labs.

I didn't get too far because there was and instance bug/issue going on and instances would reset whenever I died and sometimes the game would think that I already had an ID and not let me into my original instance. Strange.

Anyhow I'm shamed to admit that when I was able to get into the instances I had trouble.

SLabs:
The first room gave me lots of issues, probably from underestimating it.
Any pull with more than one Acolyte healing gave me issues.
Any large pull with multiple mobs that knocked down gace me trouble.
Even the Warlocks with imps did a lot of damage, more than I figured with the level difference.

Once I made it past the first room I didn't have trouble with the Fel Guard or the Caster mobs there. Unfortunately the instance bugged out and I went over to Mana Tombs.

Mana Tombs:
Pretty easy up until Pandemonious.
The first time I didn't clear enough and I got jumped by extra mobs.
The second time he just did too much damage and ran me out of resources. I was taking alot of shadow damage even though I was blocking a good amount of it. After that attempt MT bugged out on me and I decided to PvP instead.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something on Pand?

Also how hard is Prince to do solo?

In Slabs, the first boss doesn't seem like he'd be an issue but what about the second boss?

Would anything happen during insight or would I just run around burning mana?

The warlock seems like he wouldn't be too hard as long as I had enough room to kite him but what about Murmur would think he'd be hard to solo?

Shadow Labyrinth is manageable, but extremely annoying and time consuming. I should mention, however, that you shouldn't even both until 3.0.8, when reputation gains are fixed. Anyway...

First of all, the entire first room can be skipped. Just hug the left wall. Next, the first boss room can be skipped. Again, hug the left wall. You do have to kill everything in the second boss room, though.

Pull one pack at a time, and focus down the acolyte. When he starts healing, stun him and burn him. After he's dead, kill the one that knocks you down (I cannot remember the name, but it's the big melee ones, I think it's a D name).

This room is extremely time consuming, as you have to kill every pack, including the demons. The boss, at least, is very easy.

I should mention that you need to be using seal and judgment of light for every pull.

You can probably skip the trash prior to the third boss room. Skeletons will, however, spawn on you and should be killed as to not pull other mobs. You have to kill all the trash in the third boss room, which shouldn't be difficult. As for the third boss himself, just pull him to the end of the hallway (murmur's entrance) and blow wings. He doesn't heal for too much when the adds get to him, so you're just going to have to try your best. If that doesn't work, then kite him. Don't forget to holy wrath the adds if they get close.

I ran out of time before I was able to kill the third boss (I pulled him without clearing his room... eek!), so I don't know if Murmur's trash will aggro when you engage him. Best to just clear it. Murmur himself is easy -- you're resist the vast majority of his attacks, and you'll block his melee. You shouldn't need to run out from his AOE, so just stay in and let your Seals and Judgments keep you up.

Good luck... I hate that place.
Belloc

Postby CKaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Tropicana wrote:

Think a 76 could handle [regular] BM and OH, or wait till 80?
I saw the port directly from Dalaran so I was tempted to try :}

More to get a good look at it than anything, as I skipped right over 'em :b
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:19 pm

CKaz wrote:
Tropicana wrote:

Think a 76 could handle [regular] BM and OH, or wait till 80?
I saw the port directly from Dalaran so I was tempted to try :}

More to get a good look at it than anything, as I skipped right over 'em :b

Wait until you're 80 and have some heroic gear.
Belloc

Postby Eanin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:59 am

I did regular MT last night. Kael fight took me a few tries to figure out, but it was just a matter of burning through the phoenixes as quickly as possible.
Eanin

Postby Freyas » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I ran through Arcatraz clearing up some old quests for my loremaster achievement- I skipped the first boss, but was able to kill everything else. I was able to kill Daliah with just HoJ'ing her heals (it was interrupting them, even though I don't have it glyphed). The only real tough part were the infernal guys leading up to the last boss- I had to burn cooldowns in order to survive each of them due to their meteor attack.
Freyas

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:06 pm

One of our warriors recently soloed UK regular. I'll try it sometime this week too.

Edit - may have been just for the elder achievement - not sure if it requires killing any bosses.
Anubisknight

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah can skip first boss - he rapes even on regular unless you get some Shad resist happening.

Trash is caek.
Sarutankah

Postby Kuripari » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 pm

I solo'd H MgT up to Delrissa. I think I had a bad spawn though, and didn't bother checking till I got there. The shammy and his twitch purge, and nightstrike, made it seem more or less impossible. It might be easier with a different grouping.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Shindare » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 am

I'll be the first one to say that Skeram is indeed possible as protection. After using some tries to perfect my tactic, I was able to solo him.

Here's a screenshot as proof: http://i42.tinypic.com/15845za.jpg

My priest duo partner was waiting outside, since the fight is impossible with her nearby.. I did have her fortitude buff though. ;)

We then continued and duoed Sartura + trash all the way to Emperors. Snuck past Fankriss by using DI. I wish we could have a try at Ouro..

As for my Skeram tactic itself..:

- Crafted all 3 lvl70 Wildguard NR items and enchanted them. Arcanum of Toxic warding on helm, stats on chest and blue dps kit on leggings. I ended up with 196 NR + flask of chromatic wonder.

- Used my retri gear for it (with one-handed and shield of course), mostly heroic epics, some blues and two naxx 10man epics. Unbuffed only 19,4k hp, but obviously much higher dps stats to help burst.

- Between clone phases I took it really slow and tried to keep my health/mana at almost max, using seal of wisdom, judgement of light/wisdom and flash of light heals when sacred shield procs.

- I tanked him around where he stands, with my back against the wall.

- The idea is to only fight one clone at a time and take time to recover before pulling the next. It is possible to survive two at once, but would have to use precious LoH and pot cd then.

- Whenever he would clone, I would make sure to only pull the patrolling add. This part is somewhat based on luck, but seemed to play out like this in all my latest attempts.

- For the first add each phase, I popped wings to bring it down fast in case the next would add before its time. After first add is dead I play around on boss making sure to recover health/mana. When ready I'll aggro the second add and try to bring it down, most of the time using bubble to help. Then it's a matter of recovering and letting cooldowns be ready for next clone phase.

- I made sure to always try and save LoH + pot, which is surely needed if the second add ever decides to aggro too early. Which was the case in both my last attempts. Nightmare seeds is a nice thing to bring, since they can be used once per clone phase for some extra health. Also try to bandage every now and then, even a single tick can make a difference.

The most important for this fight is enough selfhealing to keep your health up between phases and enough burst to down the clones fast.
Shindare

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats