Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 am

Mags got easier...
Anubisknight

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 am

Brutalicus wrote:This thread is old, but I'm wondering what we can solo at 85. The two things I've done so far:

-ZA. The whole thing. Hit things, get paid. I made every timed chest easily with zero preparation or extra speccing/gearing/consumables.
-BT. The first boss is impossible. Will update once I find someone kind enough to help me kill him then let me solo for the rest of the lockout.

Things I'm wondering about:

-TK. Will Kael use his crazy MCs and shit if there's only one player in the instance? I'm betting on no.
-Hyjal. I forget this place for the most part. Will any of the bosses be soloabe? I'd love to round out (okay, so "round out" sounds like I have more than two pieces) my T6 set.

First boss of Hyjal was soloed by a mage at 80... I imagine it shouldn't be too tough at 85 for a paladin. Of course, the mage soloed him by rounding up all of the NPCs (except Jaina, as she is quite weak damage-wise and her death will cause a wipe).
Belloc

Postby aureon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 am

Did someone succeed on soloing KT? I tried today, but Conflagrate + fear + remote toy are waaay too much CC to keep soloing through it. Also, you'll probably have 2-3 weps left...
Managed to get to P4 in 2man, but got doublemc'd and he resetted.
aureon

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:01 am

aureon wrote:Did someone succeed on soloing KT? I tried today, but Conflagrate + fear + remote toy are waaay too much CC to keep soloing through it. Also, you'll probably have 2-3 weps left...

If you want to solo Kael, you have to kite and position everything way outside of his room so that you have time to kill the mini-bosses before they group up and kill you.
Belloc

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:27 pm

What about SSC bosses and other bosses in TK? Have they been soloed?
Anubisknight

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Poor old Njall is having a little trouble soloing the first boss in AQ40. Is there something in particular I should be doing? I have a ret-spec and may have been over-enthusiastic about dpsing the Prophet down.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Dps to 75% kill mirrors with Cooldowns, wait for cooldowns then dps to 50% etc
Sarutankah

Postby Liyalai » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:40 am

Didn't take any screenshots as I went along but Blackrock Caverns normal is soloable at 85 without much difficulty - the only sort of trouble I had was killing off the big black dragon things that patrol after the second boss.
Liyalai

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:33 am

Hmm, I tried that last week but couldn't get the second boss, and didn't want to try the multiple drakonid pulls, because those guys are painful even solo (with their 60% max health strike and other big damage stuff).

I have soloed just this morning through Stonecore regular from the beginning to Slabhide. The early trash is hard, but I managed it by first skipping the Millhouse pull and killing the later trash packs, then going back and burning the Earthshapers in the first pull, dying, then returning to an easy Millhouse + 2 melee pull. Slabhide is an endurance fight but not too bad. Corborus is easy but a big time waste.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby inthedrops » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am

Belloc wrote:
aureon wrote:Did someone succeed on soloing KT? I tried today, but Conflagrate + fear + remote toy are waaay too much CC to keep soloing through it. Also, you'll probably have 2-3 weps left...

If you want to solo Kael, you have to kite and position everything way outside of his room so that you have time to kill the mini-bosses before they group up and kill you.

Could you elaborate some? I just tried this yesterday for the first time and got ROFL stomped when they all spawned again. Just like aureon said, Conflag + fear + remote toy just worked me over. I had most of the weapons dead but not completely, ran all the way on the opposite side of the room (the doors were locked, could not exit the room).
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Liyalai » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Hmm, I tried that last week but couldn't get the second boss, and didn't want to try the multiple drakonid pulls, because those guys are painful even solo (with their 60% max health strike and other big damage stuff).

I had more trouble with the drakonids than the actual bosses, honestly. They're not unkillable alone but they 'are' a pain - For the second boss I just dealt with one beam, and when the other evolved burst it down. Once it died, the fight was easy.

KysenMurrin wrote:I have soloed just this morning through Stonecore regular from the beginning to Slabhide. The early trash is hard, but I managed it by first skipping the Millhouse pull and killing the later trash packs, then going back and burning the Earthshapers in the first pull, dying, then returning to an easy Millhouse + 2 melee pull. Slabhide is an endurance fight but not too bad. Corborus is easy but a big time waste.

Did you try any of the trash after Slabhide? Considering I and I know others have essentially soloed Ozruk from 50%+ even on heroic due to groups being bad, he wouldn't be difficult himself, just another time sink - High Priestess Azil shouldn't be difficult either, so long as they're reachable.
Liyalai

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Anubisknight wrote:What about SSC bosses and other bosses in TK? Have they been soloed?

I was able to get Hydross to 50% before hitting the enrage timer at 80 (other people successfully soloed him, however). Having attempted the fights at 85 on my warlock, I'd say that Morogrim is probably soloable, Leotheras would require high levels of resistance (the fire damage stacks to the point of being unhealable), and I never tried Lurker or Karathress. Vashj, of course, would be impossible due to the tainted core mechanic.

Al'ar is soloable (quite easily, at that), I imagine that Solarian is as well (I was able to drain tank her on my warlock until the add phase, at which point I died... respec probably could've fixed that =/). Kael'thas... maybe.

inthedrops wrote:
Belloc wrote:

Could you elaborate some? I just tried this yesterday for the first time and got ROFL stomped when they all spawned again. Just like aureon said, Conflag + fear + remote toy just worked me over. I had most of the weapons dead but not completely, ran all the way on the opposite side of the room (the doors were locked, could not exit the room).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU should show you exactly what I was referring to :D
Belloc

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Liyalai wrote: Did you try any of the trash after Slabhide? Considering I and I know others have essentially soloed Ozruk from 50%+ even on heroic due to groups being bad, he wouldn't be difficult himself, just another time sink - High Priestess Azil shouldn't be difficult either, so long as they're reachable.

I didn't try any deeper after killing Slabhide. I wasn't quite willing to try the double magmalord pull solo.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby aureon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Mhh. That brings the kill time way up tho, i'd rather 3man it, if i find a workaround on the damn MC. (i tried two-manning, we got doublemc'd and he resetted)
aureon

Postby Tropicana » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 am

Just dropping in with a quick question:
Haven't played since October and I've been looking at some people's armory pages and have been seeing people 80-100k+ HP. With health like that, most old content should seem like a cake walk right? Or does the incoming damage scale with it regardless of who you are fighting?
Tropicana

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats