Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Rhaegon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Shoju wrote:Was there ever a point where you were close to wiping?

I'm curious about trying this, but I'm a 10m paladin in 10m gear. It looks like I'm a good 7k HP behind you :( I could toss on another stam trinket, but that's only going to be a brewfest trinket, or the black heart.

I was close to wiping only for two bosses really: Bear and eagle

Bear hits very hard during the animal form but if u menage to start the phase with full hp and to always have a damage reduction CD then is doable, remember you could use the bubble to clean yourself from the debuff that double the damage from the Bear's dot

Eagle starts to hit hard if the nature debuff stacks to high, bubble is really usefull here too

for the other bosses i was not near to wipe at any time
Rhaegon

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:22 am

Was there any trash that you needed to skip? How did you do the gauntlet before Eagle?

Sorry if I'm bugging you, I'm thinking about smashing this place in the mouth this weekend.
Shoju

Postby Rhaegon » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

Shoju wrote:Was there any trash that you needed to skip? How did you do the gauntlet before Eagle?

Sorry if I'm bugging you, I'm thinking about smashing this place in the mouth this weekend.

there are no trashes that can hurt you! Really

the gauntlet just makes you laugh :wink:
Rhaegon

Postby Shoju » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

Ok. Sounds like I'm making a ZA run. Hopefully my gear is up to the challenge.
Shoju

Postby Syyllinen » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 am

Soloing Lor'themar Theron and Cairne Bloodhoof is pretty easy, doesn't have any epic gold rewards or anything but it was most certainly fun to do so. Cairne is fairly hard when compared to Lor'themar. Has anyone had any luck soloing Thrall / Vol'Jin, Sylvanas? I've been trying those but just can't get around with Vol'Jin hexing me and always ends up me bubbleHSing out. As for Sylvanas she has too much magic damage which seems impossible to survive.
Syyllinen

Postby kywirelessguy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I successfully solo'ed the first two bosses of Heroic Culling of Stratholme.

First boss might as well be a trash mob.

Second boss is a tough fight when he summons adds and then blows them up, but it seemed to be just about infrequent enough to allow Judgement of Light to do its job.

I was going to try and solo the zombiefest achievment, but the third boss killed me twice and I quit because I didn't want to run all the way back again, and start the gauntlet over. I think its a doable fight, I just need to use some BV gear and handle my cooldowns a bit better. The mana drain makes the fight kind of annoying.

I also was doing a fine job of Soloing 10m Heigan the other night as the PUG I was in failed hard on the very first dance. I had to stop though because people released. If you watch for the disease and cleanse it quickly you can solo this one pretty easy. Ended up 3 manning it with no healer the 2nd attempt. The problem is finding a group to down the trash and first boss in plague to get a chance to solo Heigan. I'd definitely like to try it from start to finish.

I also went into PoS, hoping to kill some trash and grind out a battered hilt. The skellies are wusses, but the casters will rape you!
kywirelessguy

Postby hoho » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 am

OT:
kywirelessguy wrote:I also went into PoS, hoping to kill some trash and grind out a battered hilt. The skellies are wusses, but the casters will rape you!
When I was about 20g short of the gold looted achievement I soloed those on spriest. They were pretty nasty even with 25% DPS->healing, PWS on cooldown and having 15% magic damage reduction. Each hit took off around 60% of my HP and VE barely healed up ~50%. I had to blow cooldowns to kill the small skeletons before they reached me or I would have been raped pretty hard.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:26 am

Hydross the Unstable:

Mostly 264 Ret gear with 4-pc 277 tier and Sindy's Fang/Skeleton Key with Heroic Gutbuster.
About 1:30 left on the Enrage (if you see the Blessing of Sanc time, I buffed that on the pull to gauge Enrage)
Darielle

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 pm

I Dont know if this is still beeing updated, but i didnt see the Majordomo encounter (its pretty much only trash anyway, but still a boss encounter).
Also Gehennas isnt listed.
Treck

Postby Potus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 am

I never went to BWL, and after reading through this thread it seems a poor idea to attempt a solo entrance. Will it be equally hard now, with the new tiers and equipment, or is it in the encounter mechanics themselves that make them impossible to get past?

I guess the best advise is to bring a team of 3-5 for fun?
You know this, because you are psychic.

Potus

Postby Chicken » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:36 am

Potus wrote:I never went to BWL, and after reading through this thread it seems a poor idea to attempt a solo entrance. Will it be equally hard now, with the new tiers and equipment, or is it in the encounter mechanics themselves that make them impossible to get past?

I guess the best advise is to bring a team of 3-5 for fun?
The first two bosses just have mechanics that make them impossible to solo. Most of the bosses past that should be doable by yourself, just make sure you have an Onyxia Scale Cloak for the three drakes and Nef himself. Oh and a lot of patience for sloooooooooowly going through Broodlord's chambers.
Chicken

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

They've significantly nerfed shadow flame, so the Onyxia Scale Cloak is no longer needed. (Nef's no longer has the fatal DoT.)

Don't know if someone's already listed it in this thread, but it's not on the first post, so: Skadi the Ruthless in Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle is soloable. Been killing him daily since Friday. The only time I get threatened is on the trash 4-pack right before Svala's room when there are two Seers, and at the end of the gauntlet when Witch Doctors are hitting me.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 am

Rhaegon wrote:
Shoju wrote:Was there ever a point where you were close to wiping?

I'm curious about trying this, but I'm a 10m paladin in 10m gear. It looks like I'm a good 7k HP behind you :( I could toss on another stam trinket, but that's only going to be a brewfest trinket, or the black heart.

I was close to wiping only for two bosses really: Bear and eagle

Bear hits very hard during the animal form but if u menage to start the phase with full hp and to always have a damage reduction CD then is doable, remember you could use the bubble to clean yourself from the debuff that double the damage from the Bear's dot

Eagle starts to hit hard if the nature debuff stacks to high, bubble is really usefull here too

for the other bosses i was not near to wipe at any time

Eagle is the first boss on the left right? Is there a particular strat? I dragged my lvl 70 rogue there, made him naked so no durability damage and just let him die. I had another 80 rogue dpsing (not very geared like 3.5K GS) and all we did was wipe 2 times. Is it just cause of the stacking nature that i need to bubble off, and how many stacks is a a good time to do it? Other than that I didnt try any other bosses.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Njall » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Having great trouble soloing Magister's Terrace as a prot pally. I have ragingly good gear (mostly 251/264 these day). What ought I be doing here?
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Njall wrote:Having great trouble soloing Magister's Terrace as a prot pally. I have ragingly good gear (mostly 251/264 these day). What ought I be doing here?

What part are you having trouble with? I managed to solo it all pretty quickly the other day, the only fight that was dangerous was the arena batttle (and then only if you have a 2nd healer to worry about).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats