Solo Golemagg the Incinerator

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Golemagg the Incinerator

Postby Soulslider » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 pm

This fight is all about blocking the incoming damage.

I did it with 99% avoidance (used the good old avoidance macro) and about 1150 BV (you can see the rest of my stats on the screenshot).

I used SoL+JoL+FR Aura and had HS+Sacred shield up at all times.

To make sure I got enough healing I would keep JoL on Golemagg and one of the dog adds so HotR would give me some extra healing procs :).

Most important part of the rotation is keeping HS+SS up, having JoL on 2 targets and spamming HotR on every CD.

This fight is about stopping enough damage so you can bubble or BoP to clear the debuffs and heal to full.

A trinket like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 helps a bit but you will need high avoidance to survive between bubbles.

This is the spot where I jump down (and instantly cast a Holy Light to heal the fall dmg, since the dog add will charge you).

Kill shot:

7 ingots to go ;P

/Soulslider
Soulslider

Postby sanctifico » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I didn't bother doing a second judgement on the dog, i managed to survive just spamming a full cycle using JoL+SoL, bubbled once at 50stacks, and again at 48stacks.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Taragon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:14 am

It's good to note that if you need your stack to fall off and you cant bubble it off that you can switch targets to a dog and judge/attack him for a while. The stack is obtained from attacking Golemagg himself.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby sanctifico » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Taragon wrote:It's good to note that if you need your stack to fall off and you cant bubble it off that you can switch targets to a dog and judge/attack him for a while. The stack is obtained from attacking Golemagg himself.

If only i knew that.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Necrolite » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:16 pm

sanctifico wrote:
Taragon wrote:It's good to note that if you need your stack to fall off and you cant bubble it off that you can switch targets to a dog and judge/attack him for a while. The stack is obtained from attacking Golemagg himself.

If only i knew that.

the amount of times i could've also done with knowing this! :D
Necrolite

Re:

Postby thorn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Necrolite wrote:
sanctifico wrote:

If only i knew that.

the amount of times i could've also done with knowing this! :D

o... mfg.

me too.

D=
thorn
Maintankadonor

Re: Solo Golemagg the Incinerator

Postby Leuthas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:23 am

I just downed Golemagg yesterday. Not actually all that difficult, I jumped off the land bridge down into where Golemagg is to engage (my GM from vanilla would have my neck if he heard that) him. I kept him against the wall in the left corner (looking down from the bridge) using JoL and SoL I tanked Golemagg, his pets and a core hound (until it died) without any mana orr health issues for most of the fight. Near the end it got a little tough, but LoH was there for me.

I'd like to note, that I was quite literally falling asleep during the fight. I did nod off one time that I remember, luckily my SS was still up so it was no more than a minute.

Good fun.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Return to General Strats