Remove Advertisements

Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Dracora » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Tropicana wrote:I give up, exactly 5% for the 5th time in a row, infernal lands right on me, combined with the debuff I was dead before I could get away.

Just sounds like bad luck. It took me 3 or 4 times to figure out Kurninaxx in AQ20 (it had been years since I've done him). Most of Prince has usually been about the randomness of the Infernals or maybe in a couple more gear upgrades it'll be completely doable (I didn't look at your gear or spec).

I try to do Attunemen every single week for a chance at that fiery lookin' mount. Same with the ZG bosses (20min Tiger Boss ftl).
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Tropicana » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Well, got him down this time. With the Legecy of the Mountain king kara book, str elixer, random food buff (think it was +crit), str scroll.
Mixed some gear around, grim toll, healing bracers and ring. Was a close call when I had to lay on hands, was down to about 1k life, stupid GCD.
Tropicana

Postby Dracora » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Woot, grats. How much gold did he drop?
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Tropicana » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:37 pm

33g, if I remember correctly...
Tropicana

Postby arilink » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Is it just me or are you missing Divine Plea on that bar? :D
Congrats anyhow!
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Tropicana » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am

Top of the left side-bar :wink:
Tropicana

Re: Soloing Kara Bosses

Postby xlos » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:15 am

how do you skip curator? I got him down to like 60% (after first evoc) then i just run into major mana problems. But how to skip the fucker? what dont i rember :)

( also oz is quite easy tbh) Got prince to 1% after the disc priest that was with me died early due to the 1hp thing + infernal :), then i was oom again :(, and too low hp)
xlos

Postby Palabrewtis » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 pm

You guys have any suggestions for Big Bad Wolf?

I'm not too bad at getting away from him, I've been having some issues w/ getting swiped right before being turned into lrrh. Also, how do you work in the DPS between getting feared and getting turned? At best it seems like I can get in maybe 3 GCDs before I'm running again. I got it to 40%, I feel like it can totally be done ^_^
Palabrewtis

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Some stuff to take in to account.
Sacred Shield is awesome.
Divine plea changed removes most of the mana issues in earlier posts.
AS now has a silence attached to it which can be used to interrupt if they aren't immune to it.
And coming in 3.2 you'll get the 10% stamina bonus while using Sanct for a bigger AD range if you like to sit there. Personally having just soloed Attumen I didn't need to, didn't go below 80%. Just Sacred Shield SoL while both are up, then when they combine I switched to SoV. Sacred shield can be skipped if you're not getting low on HP to spend mana on damage abilities. I didn't use any CDs. Gear wise I'm a few heroic and emblem stuff, no raid gear.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Not to mention a decent BV increase and stacking trinkets (durations doubled means that corin's and lavanthor's have a good chunk of overlap where you can have both up at the same time) The emblem Judgement libram is awesomer than ever before and yeah - good time to be a paladin that likes to solo stuff.
Sarutankah

Postby Discus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 am

Agreed one of the main reasons I became a paladin stuff was the ability to solo stuff when the guild gets obsessed with silly gimmick bosses I don't enjoy and don't drop anything (currently Malygos).

Shame Blizz nerfed the Gold drops off old raid bosses, because of the weekly resets I'm surprised the motivation for this was to stop professional Gold Farmers and was simply to stop tanks being able to earn Gold this way.
Discus

Postby Tropicana » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:13 am

Discus wrote:Agreed one of the main reasons I became a paladin stuff was the ability to solo stuff when the guild gets obsessed with silly gimmick bosses I don't enjoy and don't drop anything (currently Malygos).

Shame Blizz nerfed the Gold drops off old raid bosses, because of the weekly resets I'm surprised the motivation for this was to stop professional Gold Farmers and was simply to stop tanks being able to earn Gold this way.

That's one of the main reasons why I quit the game. That and I couldn't handle the number of people who couldn't adapt to the fact they can't faceroll their way through Ulduar and caused guild drama. About the only thing that was still fun, was soloing instances. Daily quests were boring as hell, so I did instances instead. It was a challenge. The gold drop nerf didn't hurt too much, but when it started taking 3 hours to get in to an instance (additional instances cannot be launched) I called it quits.
Tropicana

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Im doing kara solo weekly now.
Mostly for attumens mount.
I use my blockset for this - 39% block, 1885 block val, 30k health

Attumen dead easy. When attumen does his reduced ability to hit curse i usually stop my rotation and let DP top my mana up to full.
Morose, pretty easy, but can vary depending on which adds you get.
I ususally burn the mana users first, though the prot warrior with his stun is annoying.
Sacred shield ekpt up all the time negates most of the effects of Garrote.

Maiden easy enough, just slow with the silences. keep an eye out on decursive for dispelling nasties.
Opera event ive only ever been able to do Oz. Big bad wolf is just silly. made small almost constantly, and feered when normal size.

Havnt really tried beyond that, i love farming the easy easy trash for silver, cloth and greens to DE.
Arcane dust can sell for up to 50g a stack on our server - a good source of profit.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:27 pm

I thought it was only the ret pally that stunned not the prot warrior?
I need to start putting together a block set I reckon, make all this easier. I mean, it's easy with current gear, but I want it easier :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Tropicana » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:15 pm

prot warrior has a concussion blow
Tropicana

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats