Remove Advertisements

Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Racerover » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 am

phaqueue wrote:
oz is definitely not soloable... however - it is easy with a healer friend...

Oz IS soloable. In fact, I just did it 30min ago. I used damn near everything I had to do it but it can be done. I'd recommend using frost resist aura and wings right off the bat. Just nuke Dorothee ASAP.
Racerover

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Racerover wrote:
phaqueue wrote:

Oz IS soloable. In fact, I just did it 30min ago. I used damn near everything I had to do it but it can be done. I'd recommend using frost resist aura and wings right off the bat. Just nuke Dorothee ASAP.
What gear and spec were you using?
Belloc

Postby Racerover » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Belloc wrote:
Racerover wrote:
phaqueue wrote:

What gear and spec were you using?

0/59/12

Non-kings build with 4/5 reckoning and PoJ.

Wearing 3/5 valorous t7 and other heroic naxx/malygos/sarth stuff. Maybe I just got lucky...? There was a time I had about 1800hp, but I didnt notice my seal of light had dropped off. Popped LoH and finished off dorothee. It's a cake walk after that. Just make sure to not get stunned by the Tin Man.
Racerover

Postby phaqueue » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Necrolite wrote:I've soloed attumen, moroes, maiden, BBW at opera was the problem for me.

attumen was a joke, moroes more or less the same, maiden wasnt too hard but the silence was annoying :P

BBW .. well. that was hard, i failed :P

what happened that killed you on BBW? should be the easiest solo fight in Opera...

he doesn't even hit hard when you are a gnome... and he has to hit you - pop dodge trinkets... you can still avoid when he transforms you
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Gotwa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Just soloed Attumen myself, found mana to be a pretty decent problem, and I'm not even that well geared (88% avoidance/block, 25k armor, 25.4k hp), he hits too slow :[
Gotwa

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:10 am

Gotwa wrote:Just soloed Attumen myself, found mana to be a pretty decent problem, and I'm not even that well geared (88% avoidance/block, 25k armor, 25.4k hp), he hits too slow :[

You have to take Attumen slowly. If you're doing well on health, you can switch to SoW, but that probably won't be the case. Make sure you're judging wisdom, at least.

Just take it slowly. Never use your attacks when you are cursed -- it's a total waste of mana. Bring a mana potion and use it later in the fight.
Belloc

Postby Gotwa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

Belloc wrote:
Gotwa wrote:Just soloed Attumen myself, found mana to be a pretty decent problem, and I'm not even that well geared (88% avoidance/block, 25k armor, 25.4k hp), he hits too slow :[

You have to take Attumen slowly. If you're doing well on health, you can switch to SoW, but that probably won't be the case. Make sure you're judging wisdom, at least.

Just take it slowly. Never use your attacks when you are cursed -- it's a total waste of mana. Bring a mana potion and use it later in the fight.

Yeah, I had a shitty mana pot from soloing strat earlier, so that didn't help. At some point in the fight I switched to JoW, but it didn't really do as much as I was hoping.

On another note, getting the ret paladin on moroes can seriously be a mood killer >_>
Gotwa

Postby Asterial » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:17 am

I can't remember... can anyone remind me how much health Attumen and Midnight actually have??

I'm thinking of giving it a go.
I've seen people on the mount riding around and I always thought it was the Headless Horsemans Mount..

Now I realise its Attumens... I want to try farm it.
Asterial

Postby Raive » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Working my way through Kara as we speak.

I have had to use a bubble and LoH on every fight so far (takes so long to kill things it's not an issue anyways)

Attumen was easier than his trash, fears and whatnot were annoying.

Moroes I had spriest, holy pally, retadin, prot war so I burned the holy pally till she bubbled, switched to the spriest, switched back to the holy when her bubble wore off and finished her off then proceded to kill the spriest and retadin, the war ended up dieing to HotR.

Maiden was surprisingly simple, I was worried about silences, but considering I didnt take enough damage to need to heal beyond judgement of light it wasnt really an issue.

For opera I got Oz

*quick note: Only Dorothy and The Crone are effectively raid bosses (IE your level +3) all other mobs in the event are level 72 elites and are no harder than they were in kara at 70.

attempt #1:
Went for survivabilty, frost aura seal of light, judgement of light, etc. Used all my CD's, got dorothy down, then died during a fear due to incredibly low hp at the time.

attempt #2:
Beat Dorothy down fast as possible, popped wings, used seal of wisdom (for fear of going oom) and kept up sacred shield. Used my bubble early (at about 40% health) so it would be up again if I needed it later. Continued to burn dorothy, used LoH when I got low, finished her off with 77% mana/health, killed all adds but tinhead and proceeded to kite him for 17 minutes waiting for my LoH to be back up.
Killed Tinhead, The Crone spawned, proceeded to burn her down (avoid the cyclone, its easy enough) popped wings, put up FR aura for her burning broom. Proceeded to kill her with relative ease.

Consensus on Oz: IF you survive to the crone, its an easy fight. I did not have to bubble or lay on hands during the crone's part of the phase, which made me feel like an idiot for kiting tinhead around for so long. However, if you're afraid of dying, go ahead and kite tinhead, its easy just time consuming.

Have screenshots if you don't believe me for whatever reason, but she dropped the ruby slippers! Yay another hearthstone, just what my pally needed!

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Forgotten+Coast&n=Raive

So, onto Nightbane I went thinking "This shouldnt be too bad" summoned him down and was rather surprised to find that he had 925k hp and was hitting me for about 2.5k (mind you 1.5k was mitigated by block but still) couple that with charred earth, fire breaths, and fears I got him down to 95% by the time he had me at 50% (maybe 1 min into the fight) so I gave up and bubble hearthed, may go back in later to try other bosses and just leave that nasty old dragon alone.

So, at least imo, Nightbane is most definitely NOT soloable by any means.
Raive

Postby arilink » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Well ... I was bored and then this just happened.
24:29 min.

Edit: There was more:

Last but not least:

Curator was no go for me, so I skipped him.
Aran was not tried.
Netherspite is mechanically impossible or I just missed a trick.
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Tropicana » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:25 pm

I failed big with Big bad wolf also. I do attumen every week with no problem, moroes I've done with every combination possible by now, Maiden, slow but easy. I don't understand BBW, I only have 5 seconds to actually even hit him every minute, when I'm not a gnome, I'm feared or stunned. Tricks?
Tropicana

Postby Tiatix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:51 am

arilink wrote:Netherspite is mechanically impossible or I just missed a trick.

There is actually a trick to Netherspite - There is definitely at least 1 spot you can stand in and catch all three beams. It's against the right wall about 3/4 of the way back into the room (kinda near the telescope).

Basically, the strat is ... take the beams and dps Netherspite down as far as you can (continuing through the banish). Then, during the next beam phase, Netherspite will heal (~25% of her life) with the beams. Repeat.

There's a video floating around of a DK (Mionelol) doing it. He takes Netherspite 100% -> 50%, 75% -> 25%, 50% -> Death.
Tiatix

Postby Tropicana » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Ugh, died twice on prince, both at about 5%. I'm fine on 3rd phase until about 10-15%, I'll LoH when needed, then I get burned down ridiculously fast, start having mana issues from having to cleanse.
Tropicana

Postby arilink » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Haven't had BBW yet.
On bosses where mana is an issue try swapping an item or two with avoidance vs. a high int one.
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Tropicana » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 pm

I give up, exactly 5% for the 5th time in a row, infernal lands right on me, combined with the debuff I was dead before I could get away.
Tropicana

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats