Remove Advertisements

Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby phaqueue » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:54 am

hoho wrote:Moroes' difficulty varies with adds. Getting shadowpriest, healer, MS warrior and pala was not fun

fixed :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby claisa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:50 am

Instead of getting beaten to death whilst being naked and sitting. after 2 hours of getting bits of the key together for i was on route to arcatraz to get that fragment and found i didn;t have the key for that either and i discovered on my key ring the 200 titanium skeleton lockpicks that i made for leveling blacksmithing.

These work on arcatraz and kara, doh.

As i suspect some of the lower level lock picks will as well.

Anyway no horse yet. Come on wednesday.
claisa

Postby Tolaana » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Another question from me: Do you have to clear the five group before Attunmen? They were my biggest problems getting to him, although I got them down it took my LoH :(. Attunmen himself wasn't to much of a problem, no mount though, and I didn't have a chance to try Moroes.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
Tolaana

Postby Vindicated » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Tolaana wrote:Another question from me: Do you have to clear the five group before Attunmen? They were my biggest problems getting to him, although I got them down it took my LoH :(. Attunmen himself wasn't to much of a problem, no mount though, and I didn't have a chance to try Moroes.

Yes.
Vindicated

Postby viperas » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Thats kinda funny, I had no problem with the 5 group (though I used the bubble sheild wall) but Auttunmen spanked me good and hard.
viperas

Postby Arca » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Moroes adds are made much easier with imp HoJ. I dont use the exorcism glyph and have yet to have any trouble taking down a healer. I have yet to get both healers however.

Tips:
If you get the shadow priest, put up SR aura till she'd down.

Dont leave any of the melee adds alive, no matter your mana concerns. They all have nasty abilities that can turn your attempt south with a quickness.

Retri - HoJ
MS - duh?
Prot warrior - Concussion Blow/Sunder ( though most think he is 'safest', he is actually most dangerous)

Moroes himself can be killed quite easily at that point with SoW/JoW till you are at full mana again. Use your bubbles to heal/remove garrote accordingly. If your gonna remove it, do so early so you have maximum dps time w/o garrote. When you do get your mana/health back to full, switch to SoV/SoCr to shave some time off till you need mana again.
Arca

Postby bockhorn » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 am

how do you beat maiden? I have good gear so its not that, but I'm dying slowly but surely on her since I cant heal due to silence

EDIT: nevermind, changed strategy and downed her!
Last edited by bockhorn on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bockhorn

Postby majiben » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 am

Sacred shield and lots of BR?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Karnah » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Beyond a certain level of gear i dont even bother to sacred shield anymore :) seal and judgement of light generally do the business, hell, even just judgement will get you down to AD range and then your health will even out.

On another note, has anyone gotten through one of the opera events so far? Up to now ive only be given romeo and juliet (yes, 4 times in a row >.>) and while it may be doable with exorcism glyph, i havent really spent up to continue swapping glyphs each time i want to go.
Karnah

Postby Lavnihs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:20 pm

I solo'ed BBW. It's insanely easy. The only time you take damage is during a fear.

I have the exorcism glyph as my 3rd (SoCorr and RD are the only 2 prot majors I consider must haves) normally, so I'm looking forward to trying R&J.

I don't see Oz being soloable. With the fear spam and the magic damage, you're going to take a ton of hits in the back.
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
Lavnihs

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:40 am

Lavnihs wrote:I solo'ed BBW. It's insanely easy. The only time you take damage is during a fear.

I have the exorcism glyph as my 3rd (SoCorr and RD are the only 2 prot majors I consider must haves) normally, so I'm looking forward to trying R&J.

I don't see Oz being soloable. With the fear spam and the magic damage, you're going to take a ton of hits in the back.
With some lucky resists on the fear (I believe roar is a level 73 mob, whereas Dorothee is a boss level), you have a chance... but only if you are using double ShoRs. She will definitely not be soloable in 3.0.8.

However, you absolutely need to use everything you can: Bubble, Lay on Hands, potions. You'd probably need to pre-drink a frost potion a minute before starting, as well. Frost aura is definitely a must.

Even with all that, I don't think I ever got her lower than 50k health. If you get lucky and down her, you've got a very good chance. You'll probably need full 25-man gear to have any chance, though.
Belloc

Postby oldboyz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

first time there

-Attumen : just roll&tank, a little long (around 20min), btw don't forget to previously clean all the horses around :roll:

-Moroes : quite challenging. I had 2dps+1heal+1shadow. zerged the healeur and interupt when necessary (used all my cooldown), then the shadow, she started to burn me not before first went down (i also fear hear a little), then the 2 cac. Moroes was quite challenging, i had to buble twice which helped clean the "garrot"
quite long fight, around 25min

-Maiden : she killed me while trying to zerg her... so second round i just made circle all around the piece, not sure it help to avoid his silence, but i killed her quite easily (less 15minuts)

-opera was Dorothe&friends.. so i did my secret infamous combo : "bubulle-TP"

in the end, i made around 200po, 8 green for dez, and 80 mageweave (or runecloth?)
oldboyz

Postby phaqueue » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:59 am

Lavnihs wrote:I solo'ed BBW. It's insanely easy. The only time you take damage is during a fear.

oz is definitely not soloable... however - it is easy with a healer friend...

my suggestion - if you're doing it for the prestige of having soloed kara... go alone - otherwise - take a healer... AOE ALL THE TRASH

we pull the entire room outside moroes, and lots of other HUGE aoe pulls... and we make a solid amount of gold... we have 2-manned all the way through curator (incl nightbane) and we have the boss DPS of a bad kara pug...

(I have a resto druid with me - he loads me with hots them hurricane spams... fun times)

we also pulled the entire "money pull" hallway at once... was like 40g total just from that hallway...

we got lucky and had oz for opera - very easy with a healer - just a matter of keeping consc down and your healer staying out of fear range and you win... also - you wanna pop what you have to burn dorothee down quickly - the frostbolt spam hurts a bit...

none of the other fights were even close to hard (we pulled curator with 2 of his trash packs... and still got him down in 2 evocations)

only reason we stopped was because of lag/server issues
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Titanshammer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:27 am

Well Attumen, Moroes, Maiden was too easy and boring for me. Opera was Big Bad Wolf and I just couldn't keep dps up + healing + running for very long. Made about 165g, 6 epics, 5 badges, 4 greens, 68 cloth
Titanshammer

Postby Necrolite » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:43 pm

I've soloed attumen, moroes, maiden, BBW at opera was the problem for me.

attumen was a joke, moroes more or less the same, maiden wasnt too hard but the silence was annoying :P

BBW .. well. that was hard, i failed :P
Necrolite

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats