Remove Advertisements

Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby majiben » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:56 am

Belloc wrote:If chains can target a solo player, you can't kill him.
Ah but can he kill you? I would love to see a stale mate between you and him, battling for eternity. Sounds like a fitting end for a paladin.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 am

Majiben wrote:
Ah but can he kill you? I would love to see a stale mate between you and him, battling for eternity. Sounds like a fitting end for a paladin.

If I'm not mistaken, the chains are a stun and will not go away until they are killed. Once you've bubbled out of one, the second one will be permanent and you will die after a short period of time.

The thing that I'd be most worried about, however, is the enrage timer. Assuming that he cannot chain a solo player (since he wasn't able to chain his current aggro target), you have to DPS his 680,000 health within 10 minutes. This timer is pretty strict, but it might be possible with effective downing of Kil'rek.
Belloc

Postby Tunnis » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:54 am

You don't need full heroic/badge gear for Attumen. I have 3 Naxx items, badge libram, the rest blue and Darkmoon Card: Vengeance + Sonic Booster :) Had to use a pot about 50% in to the 3:d phase, coz somehow I turned around and hit me pretty bad so I had to heal up without bubble.
No mount this time :(
Tunnis

Postby majiben » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:03 am

Belloc wrote:
Majiben wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the chains are a stun and will not go away until they are killed. Once you've bubbled out of one, the second one will be permanent and you will die after a short period of time.

The thing that I'd be most worried about, however, is the enrage timer. Assuming that he cannot chain a solo player (since he wasn't able to chain his current aggro target), you have to DPS his 680,000 health within 10 minutes. This timer is pretty strict, but it might be possible with effective downing of Kil'rek.
You only need 1133dps to beat the enrage. If I was doing it I would ignore the big imp since you would need to do more damage to the imp than you would gain from the debuff on illhoof. Now if the imp happens to die from AoE then it's gravey.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:22 am

Actually Illhoof can't target his current target with Chains.

So you can't be chained.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Janduin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:04 pm

I haven't tried to do Prince solo, but I did do him with 2 non-healing dps and no healer, and ended the fight at 60% health without using taking any measures to keep myself alive aside from JoL and dispelling his SW:Pain. I think that if you can get there he very well might be soloable by paladin/DK. I don't think he has an enrage timer.
Janduin

Postby Thornir » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Janduin wrote:I haven't tried to do Prince solo, but I did do him with 2 non-healing dps and no healer, and ended the fight at 60% health without using taking any measures to keep myself alive aside from JoL and dispelling his SW:Pain. I think that if you can get there he very well might be soloable by paladin/DK. I don't think he has an enrage timer.

Was the bug related to Prince casting Enfeeble on the tank still there? If it is, this fight might get much, much harder, even with DPS.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:41 am

Thornir wrote:
Janduin wrote:I haven't tried to do Prince solo, but I did do him with 2 non-healing dps and no healer, and ended the fight at 60% health without using taking any measures to keep myself alive aside from JoL and dispelling his SW:Pain. I think that if you can get there he very well might be soloable by paladin/DK. I don't think he has an enrage timer.

Was the bug related to Prince casting Enfeeble on the tank still there? If it is, this fight might get much, much harder, even with DPS.

That bug only happens when Prince de-targets the MT during a phase change. Any tank that can control their DPS in the slightest can ensure that they never experience the bug.
Belloc

Postby Candiru » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:40 pm

There was a bug where he enfeebled the tank if he was intersecting a wall on a phase change.

I think it was fixed though?
Candiru

Postby claisa » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 am

important tip when looking to solo bits of kara make sure you got the key on that toon.

damn getting to the door and then finding out you don't have the key

Soloing shadow labs for the key frag is very dull.

/sigh
claisa

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:49 am

claisa wrote:important tip when looking to solo bits of kara make sure you got the key on that toon.

damn getting to the door and then finding out you don't have the key

Soloing shadow labs for the key frag is very dull.

/sigh

Take off your gear, pull some of the nearby mobs, and spam /sit. If you die by the instance portal, you can resurrect inside the gate (I mean that literally; resurrect while standing on the gate) and just walk in. You'll only need to do it once unless you zone out.
Belloc

Postby Tolaana » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Posting here instead of starting a new thread elsewhere.

I am wondering if my gear looks alright for soloing Attunmen, I already solo Ony and Bloodlord along with almost all of the other ZG bosses every reset, but I haven't tried Attunmen yet. My armory link should be in my sig.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
Tolaana

Postby Zeels » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Tolaana wrote:Posting here instead of starting a new thread elsewhere.

I am wondering if my gear looks alright for soloing Attunmen, I already solo Ony and Bloodlord along with almost all of the other ZG bosses every reset, but I haven't tried Attunmen yet. My armory link should be in my sig.

Attumen and moroes aren't harder than the zg bosses or onyxia imo, you will do fine.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Tolaana » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Zeels wrote:
Tolaana wrote:Posting here instead of starting a new thread elsewhere.

Attumen and moroes aren't harder than the zg bosses or onyxia imo, you will do fine.

Ok, thanks.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
Tolaana

Postby hoho » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:33 am

Attumen's difficulty varies with adds. Getting shadowpriest, healer, MS warrior and pala was not fun
hoho

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats