Remove Advertisements

Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Soloing Kara Bosses

Postby sublimated » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 pm

Crya wrote:
sublimated wrote:First I tried to do it with SoR to kill the sparks quicker. Whilst the sparks were dying quicker I found that I wasn't doing enough damage to curator, so I ran back and reset him.

Then I tried the same with SoV to keep ticks of vengeance ticking and proccing off HoR whilst killing the sparks, making sure to save JoL's for the sparks so I could regen some health while taking them down and always keeping sacred shield up.
Can you please tell me how much DPS were you doing? I can survive him but it seems like I hit the enrage timer he put some debuff which increases arcane damage taken by 500%.

Also finally killed Aran after I got some new retri items.

Grats on Aran =] I actually too, just managed him for the first time over the weekend with some new retri gear. First I tried it as full retri spec and gear and I got squished. Then I went back to my prot spec, and a mix between prot and ret gear (basically maximizing my BV and STR without dropping my health too much) and managed to down him without much hassle.

For Curator, I'll check dps next reset for you, I haven't actually checked but I'll keep an eye next time. Are you keeping your 5 stacks of SoV on him at all times? HotR should take care of that for you. Remember to whack him hard when he evocates, I only get through about 3 or so evos before he soft enrages. Just wear one or two pieces of arcane resist gear (The Violet eye trinket is great since it has a little stam on it) but make sure not to neglect your other stats, as you want to be able to kill him in time too.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, got my first solo BBW kill too. Damn, he's annoying! RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL, RUN AWAY... GRRRRRRR :x

So happy when it finally died, found SoL actually worked best for him. After 2-3 wipes using SoV
sublimated

Postby Meteor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:04 am

Killed Prince first try actually, rather easy. Fight took just under 8 mins.

In case you want to know what i did, Used SoV/SoCor and Judgement of Light on him. Tanked him over on the far wall, not that it really matters since i got really lucky with infernals. Keep Shadow Resist aura up for his Shadow Novas and conserve mana until phase 2. Then go all out as you practically have infinite mana. Once phase three rolls around you get the debuff causing you to take 100% more damage almost all the time so try and dispel Shadow Word: Pain's and burn him down as soon as possible. Obviously infernals become a problem so try and find safe spots whenever possible. I was wearing my Prot gear and was also Prot specced (basic raiding spec) for this.
Meteor

Postby Andox » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 am

This is exactly what I want to do. But I have NO idea how to get past the Curator and Chess. I guess I could go with SoL ¨JoL on Curator, and just eat the magic damage, use some pots, CD's... But Chess, no idea how to do on Chess. Any hints on how you guys do it? Oh one more thing, Opera. Getting past the Opera is major bollocks, almost impossible for me!
Andox

Postby Meteor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Andox wrote:This is exactly what I want to do. But I have NO idea how to get past the Curator and Chess. I guess I could go with SoL ¨JoL on Curator, and just eat the magic damage, use some pots, CD's... But Chess, no idea how to do on Chess. Any hints on how you guys do it? Oh one more thing, Opera. Getting past the Opera is major bollocks, almost impossible for me!

Well for me I got Oz, so I just burned down Dorothee and then kite the rest away from Tinhead while killing whoever. I burned most of my cooldowns on Dorothee but once shes down the rest is cake. Havn't done Romulo and Julliane but its probably easy. Wolf on the other hand I have never soloed. Also I used Seal of Light and Judgement of Light for Dorothee.

As for Curotar, did it in standard tank spec with standard block value set with the Violet Badge. Used Seal of Corruption/Vengence and Judgement of Light and focused down the sparks as they spawn. When he evocates blow your cooldowns and do as much damage as possible. Once he soft-enrages its cake as no more sparks spawn.

Chess was kind of interesting. The video I saw has you using the Warlock/Conjuour to kill the healers then the Leader, but when I did it the King randomly died apparently without me attacking him. So im not sure if it bugged or if it was a fluke.
Meteor

Postby sublimated » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Meteor wrote:
Andox wrote:This is exactly what I want to do. But I have NO idea how to get past the Curator and Chess. I guess I could go with SoL ¨JoL on Curator, and just eat the magic damage, use some pots, CD's... But Chess, no idea how to do on Chess. Any hints on how you guys do it? Oh one more thing, Opera. Getting past the Opera is major bollocks, almost impossible for me!

Well for me I got Oz, so I just burned down Dorothee and then kite the rest away from Tinhead while killing whoever. I burned most of my cooldowns on Dorothee but once shes down the rest is cake. Havn't done Romulo and Julliane but its probably easy. Wolf on the other hand I have never soloed. Also I used Seal of Light and Judgement of Light for Dorothee.

As for Curotar, did it in standard tank spec with standard block value set with the Violet Badge. Used Seal of Corruption/Vengence and Judgement of Light and focused down the sparks as they spawn. When he evocates blow your cooldowns and do as much damage as possible. Once he soft-enrages its cake as no more sparks spawn.

Chess was kind of interesting. The video I saw has you using the Warlock/Conjuour to kill the healers then the Leader, but when I did it the King randomly died apparently without me attacking him. So im not sure if it bugged or if it was a fluke.

That's because the other pieces in your team have AIs as well, and they tend to play (not very well most of the time, mind you)

Chess isn't actually that hard. The toughest in the place would be Curator (leaving out Netherspite due to obvious reasons) I wouldn't go for SoL on Curator because you'll get overwhelmed by the adds. I usually wear one or two arcane resist pieces and the violet badge and it becomes almost trivial.

Still want to get Doomwalker and Eagle boss in ZA down >.>
sublimated

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Hardest part of Doomwalker is keeping enough mana to Holy Shield.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Cheroz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:56 am

Does anyone remember when doomwalker resets? I don't think I ever knew in bc. I went down about an hour after last Tuesday's reset and he still wasn't up. Thanks
Cheroz
Cheroz

Postby Zyzzyx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Interesting to see others still do this..

Had my first go at Kara last week, finished Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Big Bad Wolf, and Curator. Unfortunately I got BBW again this week, so I can't give any opinions on the other opera events. I pretty much did what has been suggested for the wolfy. Kept up seal of light and judge same so I wouldn't have to stop and heal, but the first time I used Corruption. Both times took a while, I waited a couple seconds after turning back into an elf and used divine shield whenever it was up. There wasn't much of a point in using AW as I rarely had any mana available to begin with. All kara fights I do in a mixture of prot/ret/holy gear (approx 8600 mana pool for bigger divine plea). I found out that you can be crit still without 540 defense, but the crits aren't big enough to worry about.

Curator was indeed fun. I personally used seal of light and judgement of light, and was pretty much at about 35% the entire fight. Dps'd the sparks next to him for splash damage. At the big blue phase I switched to curator and concentrated on him. If the spark didn't die to splash damage I hit it with a shield or something damaging. Never had two sparks up. Using seal of light I probably went over the enrage by about 6 seconds. Used divine shield at the last second and that was enough to take him out. Used flask of endless rage for more dps.

Looking forward to attempting chess..
Zyzzyx

Postby Andox » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 am

Any ideas on how the hell to solo R&J? I can't even get J down more than to 70 %, she heals! I can't interrupt it!
Andox

Postby Pizbit » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Andox wrote:Any ideas on how the hell to solo R&J? I can't even get J down more than to 70 %, she heals! I can't interrupt it!

I suppose you could try speccing imp HoJ and between HoJ and AS hope she doesn't heal too often. HoJ and AS are still on the GCD though so it'll likely be painful.
I think most people who got past opera did it when they had Oz and just a few with BBW.

You'd also need to macro them to be cast on her and have her focused so if you get to p3 where both are up you're able to interrupt her asap while wearing Romeo down - remember they both have to die within a few seconds of each other.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Zyzzyx » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:33 pm

I imagine R&J would be similar to, but way more annoying than the tiger boss in ZG. That just took a lot of patience. I hope I can see R&J this week to try it out, but I know it's gonna be a pain.

I've had BBW every time, would like a bit of variety here.

I finally finished everything but Netherspite and Nightbane. Nightbane's door wouldn't open, and netherspite is just too much hassle to be worth it until I figure out a better strat.

Too bad.
Zyzzyx

Postby Belloc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 am

Avenger's Shield does not silence Julianne, so you have to rely only on your Hammer of Justice. I don't have mine talented, so I couldn't get past phase 3, where she starts casting it more often. I can't say for sure whether or not a 20 second cooldown interrupt would cut it, though.
Belloc

Postby Andox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 am

I tested it with some different spcs, no. I couldn't get them down. G tiger boss isn't annoying, since you can LoS the heal. You can't LoS the heal at RJ. She also cast this magic attack on me which I can't mitigate with armor. So this boss is really annoying. I hope for Oz or BBW on Wednesday!
Andox

Postby Zyzzyx » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Got Oz yesterday, burned Dorothy and Tito as fast as possible, health hovered around 30% most the fight. Those fears hurt.

As for curator, I got him a minute under the enrage timer using no special buffs besides stoneblood. I use seal of light and a mixture of prot/holy gear. Switch to sparks immediately, judge light, hammer+shield and they're down. I only do attacks directly on curator during blue phases. The sparks have never overlapped for more than a second if you save your GCDs.

Timer isn't *that* strict even with terrible dps (I had a movie I thought, but it didn't work...will make a new one today), but I found it important for me to keep a ~9k mana pool, due to the lack of mana returns from sanctuary.
Zyzzyx

Postby Andox » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 pm

God chess is annoying. I tried to use the tactic to control the mage and kill of their healers, but well, that didn't work. As soon as I got a healer to ~40 % he got healed / he healed. If I continued to nuke him, he still got healed at 40 %. So that is quite impossible. Somehow I got one of their healers down, but then my king stood in a fire and I wiped.

The thing is that my team doesn't play, they just sand there and wait for the horde to come for them, would have been much easier if my team moved up to meet them in the middle, so I could have some free space down here for my king. Any tips, or is it impossible? I could try to get a friend to get in and help, but that isn't really soloing KZ.
Andox

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats