Remove Advertisements

[H] Azjol Nerub -- Need help

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Senador » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am

The way I did Watch Him die was a little different. We had tried playing with the ledge and offtanking the watchers, and these didn't go well. As the original plan was offtank we had two tanks (Myself and Prot Warrior). Group consisted of myself (Prot Paladin) Prot Warrior, Resto Shaman, DPS DK and Hunter.

For the pull, I Avenger's Shielded the watcher's group on the left, then exorcised the watcher in the middle group. The hunter then Misdirected the right pack onto me, and I took off running up the tunnel, dropping a consecrate right at that corner they all have to go through to help make sure I have enough threat over the healer; as the prot warrior grabbed the boss. As I get about halfway up the tunnel, the Skirmishers leap on me, so I hit Holy Wrath to stun them and buy a few seconds. Made it to the zone line, waited for them all to get there, then bubbled and ran back through them all. Got back to the boss as it was at about 5%, hit it with.. something (Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, whatever, I just wanted to make sure I had a hit on the boss for credit).

Boss died, we all wipe, achievement obtained. Profit. Only 4 to go...

We settled on this, as it keeps the skirmishers and the Gate Watchers away from the healer so that it can't really cast blind or web wrap on them as they are either out of range or completely out of LoS until the last few seconds. With offtanking, the blind and the webwrap on the healer kept screwing over that plan.

Still working on Gotta Go! though...
Senador

Postby Valinora » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:40 am

Can the watchers be shackled or feared?

We tried to ice trap one, but it was immune the hunter said.
Valinora

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Valinora wrote:Can the watchers be shackled or feared?

We tried to ice trap one, but it was immune the hunter said.

Stunnable, but not CC-able.
Belloc

Postby Frickit » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Zeruvar wrote:also helps if you pull them all the way near the entrance, gives you time to set CC on the next 2 waves. And if you havent yet, grab the a glyph of Turn Evil for one of your major slots. Hving your own CC as an instant cast helps with these undead dungeons.

This never worked well for me and I think you should only do it your group's gear is failing. If you can stand your ground and live its a pretty easy fight, just make sure everyone is on the same page and mark up a skull and do your best to make it easy on your healer.

Then its up to dps to get em down fast. I find it to be pretty easy now that Ive done it a few times and I dont move from the bottom of the tunnel.
Frickit

Postby Veilan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Managed it in the hallway round the bend, with stun lock -> kill on the skirmishers and DDs actually freeing webbed guys. It's the hardest part of the instance, everything after was decidedly more relaxed.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby Celles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Xerian wrote:To avoid the pound just strafe. works great and you wont turn your back to him :)
But yeah, it's a hard instance.

Wait... you can avoid the pound?

Damnit.

I just stood there like a tard taking 13K damage and being stunned. I'm amazed our druid kept me breathing.
Celles

Postby D7 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Xerian wrote:To avoid the pound just strafe. works great and you wont turn your back to him :)

I still haven't managed to kill this boss yet. I have done what the above says, strafe when he starts to cast pound, but everytime at the last second he turns round and hits me with it anyway :cry:. This also happens when I run through him to get away from pound. Nothing seems to work for me.
D7

Postby Amshel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:53 pm

D7 wrote:

I still haven't managed to kill this boss yet. I have done what the above says, strafe when he starts to cast pound, but everytime at the last second he turns round and hits me with it anyway :cry:. This also happens when I run through him to get away from pound. Nothing seems to work for me.

I had the same problem when I ran this on normal.

Have yet to see if the same issue will happen in heroic. Hopefully not. 4k is nothing compared to 13k.
Amshel

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Quick notes...

Watcher Boss:

Have had problems on this boss when I first ran the instance... now - haven't wiped on this boss in a while (other than when trying the achievement)
Basically - I tend to pull the middle group first... also - when the web wraps hapen, they can be removed easily by hitting the person/wrap... have your DPS pay attention... easy fights...

Hadronox:
If you're not going for the achievement... it's a joke - DPS the trash down quick - pull the next group when the one you are on is down to 1 mob or so, usually we get them down fast enough that we have to actually wait for Hadronox to get to the room...
Watch for the extra adds - they will usually make a beeline for your healer

If you are doing the achievement... bring a good amount of AOE and a good healer, pull boss with the adds, drop consecration and holy wrath all the adds (they are all undead if I remember right) WIN

Final Boss:
I will say I'm terrible at avoiding the pounds, I've gotten better, but the first 2 times or so I didn't even realize I could avoid them... so I just took 18k to the face...

When he spawns the adds, I always do the same thing... go to the entrance - post yourself there, and drop a consc... if your healer wants to come stand next to you it might make things easier...

I never really put much effort into picking up the little adds... they just don't last long enough... judge the first add down the ramp, then exorcism/AS/Hammer the 2nd one... that should give you enough to keep them at the bottom of the ramp there...

for the 2nd and third phase... make sure your DPS knows to switch to the casters when they spawn...

try to help with cleansing if you can... makes life a lot easier...

overall - hasn't seemed like a tough fight anytime I've been there... but it might just be that I'm having an easier time than most for some reason...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Previous

Return to General Strats