Remove Advertisements

Solo Amphitheater of Anguish?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Amphitheater of Anguish?

Postby Dradis » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 am

Well right now I am sitting at level 78. I have 539 def, 16.7k health, and a good chunk of avoidance (can't remember the number now). I have solo'd the first two guys. I am currently stuck on the random elemental. Trouble with them is I haven't fought the same one twice out of three tries, so I don't really have a good strat for them yet.

General tactic is buff with +30 stam food, Mighty Strength, RF, BoSanc, Dev Aura/Elemental Aura. I use SoW and JoL. 96969 rotation, using Consecrate whenever its up. Mana isnt a huge issue. On the first boss (the worm) I burned up LoH. Second boss, just bubble heal. On the elemental lords, only the third try did I have LoH available again, and I still couldn't beat him. Last try was on the ice guy (water maybe?) and he was at 32% when I died.

I could easily do this with some heals, but I would like to be able to say I solo'd AoA, and you really only get one shot at it, cause once its done, its done. Any suggestions?

Here is a link to armory btw, in case anyone is interested
Dradis

Postby amh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 am

Is doing it pre-80 a goal too? They´re all pretty easy at 80 at least, except for the last guy. You won´t have the dps to burn him down before he kills the mammoth if you´re doing it alone.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Dradis » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Well I worked my way through the Elementals, but the last three were nigh impossible. I had a warlock help me on the third to last and second to last, and a Ret pally heal and dps on the last guy. I guess saying I solo/duo'd it is not bad.

And yes, doing it at 78 was kind of a goal. I expect that with Naxx gear at 80 it would have been a bit challenging, but easily doable (except the last guy, which I understand what you meant by that now). Overall though, that is the only group quest that I have needed help on since I went Prot. We are tough nuts to crack, even before the level cap. This isn't news to most of you, but it amazes me still whenever I do crazy things like even attempt AoA by myself. I don't think anything but maybe a DK (big maybe) can begin to think about doing what a Prot Pally does.
Dradis

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 am

It´s awesome being able to solo pretty much any group-quest :) Not sure how much DKs healing-abilities hit for at 80, but I doubt they can shave off 1000+ damage from every attack, or mitigate enough to make up for art of war if that´s how you roll :)

I giggle a bit every time i see someone LFG for Last Rites:

Note to self: Stop using Crusader Aura
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Return to General Strats