AN- Hadronox bugged?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

AN- Hadronox bugged?

Postby Dinedan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:13 am

The first time I tanked AN we let Hadronox clear out all the adds without issue but last night (post server-maintenance) the adds just kept on coming. We finally gave up, pulled her and dealt with the adds too.

Did they "fix" her (ie, they wanted us to deal with adds) or is it bugged?
Dinedan

Re: AN- Hadronox bugged?

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:21 am

Dinedan wrote:The first time I tanked AN we let Hadronox clear out all the adds without issue but last night (post server-maintenance) the adds just kept on coming. We finally gave up, pulled her and dealt with the adds too.

When she gets to the top, the adds don't just stop coming on their own. What she does is shoot a spider web over the doors to stop them. I'd imagine then, that is part of the encounter and they want you to be able to not have to fight the adds with her. If she gets aggro'd early she won't shoot the webs, if you are certain that no one in your party tagged her in any way, then it was probably a bug. It can be hard to tell, because you can tag her without pulling aggro.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dinedan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:08 pm

We certainly did not aggro her but I guess it's possible someone tagged her - maybe when she was below?
Dinedan

Postby Thriebeem » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:46 am

One run last week, we cleared the regular guards in the top room to the point where Hadronox usually comes up to shut the doors. However, the big spidey just stayed in the lower room, and didn't come up to close the doors. We eventually tried to go down, but someone aggroed the long line of adds headed down to the lower room... it was fun while we lasted, but those spiders sure stack up fast...

After the wipe, we re-cleared the top room and Hadronox came up to greet us like usual.

WoW Resources - Warcraft Links
Thriebeem

Re: AN- Hadronox bugged?

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 am

Dinedan wrote:The first time I tanked AN we let Hadronox clear out all the adds without issue but last night (post server-maintenance) the adds just kept on coming. We finally gave up, pulled her and dealt with the adds too.

Im quite sure its bugged, Ive been doing this instance every day since I dinged 80 for the belt and trinket and it seems to happen quite often.
Only way around this as far as I know is to reset the event by either wiping or running out/in of the instance.
Arcia

Postby Gideon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 am

Kill Hadronax before she gets up and webs the doors for the achievement Hadronax Denied.

When I tried to do it we wiped. After the recovery we decided not to bother and got it by accident.
Gideon

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:40 pm

I just posted about this problem in the [H] Azjol-Nerub thread, but nobody seemed to be talking about it before I posted...

So, if you engage her without aggroing her she will NOT web the doors (I got a DBM message saying I had engaged her, much to my chagrin)?
It's a shame my group just said screw you and your gear (a backwards lot, those DPS'ers) let's go do Utgarde Keep! I didn't know you could reset it and have it not be bugged....
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Kellel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

the second time I ever did this instance on normal we had Hadranox bug as well, but it was a different bug lol.

She came up into the room .. and we were waiting for her to web the door and kill the adds ... but the add's killed her lol. They all ran back into the doors .. and she lie dead ...

those nasty little bugs stole our lootz :(.
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby Viycktor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:24 pm

It's a bug.

The first time we ran the instance normal, we were running things without reading strategies to have a bit more fun... and this instance is a PitA if you don't know the scripted events.

It was normal, and we were good, so we just gathered all the big bug adds that you kill and AoEed them down (Prot Pally+Ret Pally helped).

Bugs kept coming, Spider stayed below... So we tried all sorts of things involving tanking and killing a bunch of constantly spawning adds, stealthing up to the doors, and trying to get down to the boss gauntlet-style...

Eventually the event reset after we wiped twice and went and read about it... I always pull those adds before the boss WAY back and up now as I think this may have been some of the problem.

Then on the last boss, as everyone was hesitant to run in because of the earlier bug, only 3 of us made it into his 'arena' before he raised the walls... It's a fun, but poorly designed instance from an encounter perspective. Resets too slowly too.
Viycktor

Postby Nightshade » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 am

Yeap,same thing happened today to my group as well. First time, the waves kept coming and she stayed down at the bottom. We attempted to thin out the adds a bit on the way down to the boss,however,once we were in the tunnel i'd say there were close to 30+ and they kept coming. Needless to say that was wipe #1. The second time, Hadronox looked like she was coming into position,but stopped about 15 wow-yards short.. She decided to be stubborn and not come out to play with us,so we went in after her. Wipe #2. Third time seemed to be the charm. Is anyone aware of this happening pre-3.08,or is this just one of those wonderful bugs we have to put up with til 3.1?
Nightshade

Postby Blar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:36 am

It is pretty funny you mentioned this, the same exact thing happend the other day I ran this. It took three attempts too, lol. I couldn't understand what was going ><.
Blar

Postby Talwen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 am

Nightshade wrote: Is anyone aware of this happening pre-3.08,or is this just one of those wonderful bugs we have to put up with til 3.1?

Yes, this happened pre-3.08. I got my achievement back in December on one of those days when she just didn't feel like webbing the doors, despite several wipe-resets. I do hope they fix it in 3.1, since not every group has the single target burst damage to pull this off, and sometimes you just want to clear the instance as intended and move on...
Talwen

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 am

Hadronox is a unique encounter because of the adds. Sometimes the adds will kill the boss, or sometimes they will prevent the boss from moving for whatever reason. This can happen even if you don't engage the boss.

Just reset the event (wipe or run out) and try again.

Alternatively, do what I do: Have a hunter/rogue/someonewhocandropcombat pull the first mob in the gauntlet and then drop combat (feign, vanish, etc). The mobs will despawn and you can run to the end of the tunnel. Without a hunter, you should reach the room just as the boss spawns. Make sure you've got a healing debuff on the boss (wound poison, mortal strike, whatever) and burn him as fast as you can. It's hard for pugs to get the boss down before the adds arrive, but well geared and skilled groups should have no issue. Don't aggro the adds, just let them go to the boss. If you have heroism, you'll find it even easier.
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Belloc wrote:Have a hunter/rogue/someonewhocandropcombat pull the first mob in the gauntlet and then drop combat (feign, vanish, etc). The mobs will despawn and you can run to the end of the tunnel. Without a hunter, you should reach the room just as the boss spawns.

Will a DI + after-combat-rez work as well?
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Belloc wrote:Have a hunter/rogue/someonewhocandropcombat pull the first mob in the gauntlet and then drop combat (feign, vanish, etc). The mobs will despawn and you can run to the end of the tunnel. Without a hunter, you should reach the room just as the boss spawns.

Will a DI + after-combat-rez work as well?

The key to doing this is speed. You want to be able to start running the moment the mobs despawn, otherwise you'll end up with a lot less DPS time on the boss before the spiders get down to him. You could still pull it off, but I'd recommend just doing it the normal way.
Belloc

Next

Return to General Strats