[H] Ahn'Kahet Daily Quest Timed Event

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Ahn'Kahet Daily Quest Timed Event

Postby Joanadark » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Tried this for the first time yesturday. Basically you zone in and there are two new mobs right at the very front of the instance, which you have to kill and loot their bodies.
Upon looting, you get a 50 minute debuff timer to clear the whole instance with the exception of the mushroom boss down below and throw the body into the brazier behind the final boss.

Anyone else try this?
Feels undertuned to me. We beat it with over 30 minutes REMAINING on the clock. Then again, it IS only a daily quest I suppose.
Any thoughts?

Group was:
Prot Warrior
Holy Priest
Ret Paladin
Ret Paladin
BM Hunter
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Ewige » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Isn't this daily for the normal version originally? I could be wrong.

If it is then the timer is about right for the level.
Ewige

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Note that you don't have to kill Jedoga Shadowseeker either.

It's really easy unless your group is really bad.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Daenerys » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm having a problem with Jedoga Shadowseeker. Each time we do this heroic daily timed quest, so we kill the vampire boss, then we turn in the daily, kill the final boss, and then we do Jedoga Shadowseeker. and both times, once we engage the boss, many (6+) mobs spawn and run straight at us and engage us and own the crap out of us. Then we release and run back in, and have to kill 8 or so mobs at the bottom of the stairs, and 5 or so more at the top of the stairs before we can finally reengage Jedoga Shadowseeker again and kill him.

Anybody know what is going on? Is this related to doing the bosses out of order? We can't find much information on this at all.. it never happened in normal mode. At first we read it happens if people aren't all in the middle of the platform, but it happened again anyways today. It's very annoying.
Daenerys

Postby Kracus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:34 am

No, when you are pulling the last bit of mobs around her you have to move to where she is standing. Otherwise the adds that she will sacrifice will aggro you before getting bubbled.

Just think of it as getting locked out of the boss fight, but you don't get to stand around and watch.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Hurlrage » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:35 am

Been there.
Done that.
Wiped like you did. So I share the pain.

In fact, theses mobs appear on both side of the stairs you take to access the boss. Groups will spawn indefinitely until you all have been owned. Think of them as the 2 assassins in The Shattered Halls who spawn at the entrance of the last boss'fighting zone. Same here.
So be extra careful that none of your party are at aggro range of the stairs when you engage that boss, if you don't you'll have your pretty behind handed down to you by the boss and a large group of angry mobs.

To say it loudly : stay clear of the stairs when you engage the boss.

Also, that boss doesn't seem to reset. Once spawned we couldn't access him anymore. Seems like a bug to me.
Hurlrage

Postby Daenerys » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 am

They look like they spawn indefinitely, but in fact if you pull the mob at the bottom of the stairs far away from where they are, the spawns will move up the stairs and you don't have to deal with indefinite waves, just two big pulls overall. We didn't have problems reengaging the boss after wiping to the adds either times, just some annoying time wasted killing the spawns.

Hmm.. We were all definitely in the middle by the time we pulled the boss, since it was the 2nd time it happened. However, we definitely pulled the mobs before the boss away from the boss before killing and then engaging her. Will try the tip but it sounds scary. She won't aggro if we all run in to kill those?
Daenerys

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:05 am

We tried for the achievement (and failed, I need more naxx gear). When we came back, there were 5 of the flamestrike mobs at the top of each stair. CC as much as you can and kill them. Everyone run towards the boss and you'll be fine.

The adds spawn at the stairs to prevent you from leaving the fight or pulling the boss so far away as to cheese the achievement. There's no reason to be standing anywhere near them.
Belloc

Postby Daenerys » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:19 am

Those flamestrike mobs and more at the bottom of the stairs spawned and ran straight to us both times we did boss on heroic. We were all in the middle grouped around the boss, at least for the 2nd time, and probably also for the first time. We would wipe and have to clear them before getting back to boss.

I do wonder, though.. if the shaman had left a totem or something outside the boss area. Maybe that would explain it. But otherwise, we def weren't outside or pulling boss outside or something.
Daenerys

Postby Kelaan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:48 am

Belloc wrote:We tried for the achievement (and failed, I need more naxx gear).

Bring people who can disarm the boss. Disarming the boss (and CoWeakness, if it's effective?) makes the boss fight nearly cake. We basically just sat there and saved mana / combo points / etc, and let the rogues disarm her when she would come down post-sacrifice.

I recommend having two rogues and a bubble wall, hehe ... but we did it with only one. Seemed OK.

edit:
Also, you can do the timed event VERY easily if you skip bosses:
- zone, kill trash, loot bodies.
- Kill second boss (fire orb guy)
- skip the boss that sacrifices
- kill last boss, use brazier
- go back and kill the rest of the bosses.
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 am

Kelaan wrote:
Belloc wrote:We tried for the achievement (and failed, I need more naxx gear).

Bring people who can disarm the boss. Disarming the boss (and CoWeakness, if it's effective?) makes the boss fight nearly cake. We basically just sat there and saved mana / combo points / etc, and let the rogues disarm her when she would come down post-sacrifice.

I recommend having two rogues and a bubble wall, hehe ... but we did it with only one. Seemed OK.

edit:
Also, you can do the timed event VERY easily if you skip bosses:
- zone, kill trash, loot bodies.
- Kill second boss (fire orb guy)
- skip the boss that sacrifices
- kill last boss, use brazier
- go back and kill the rest of the bosses.

I believe you may have just gotten me another achievement tonight!

<3
Belloc

Postby Therigwin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:53 pm

This boss is cake compared to the final boss.

This is what you have to do to get the achievement.

Clear the entire floor area both stairs, etc before going up to the boss area.

Stand on the water area.

Pull each mob around the boss until the event starts.

Once the boss is coming down, throw your shield at her, turn around and jump down the water fall.

Run all the way back to where you entered the room, that nice platform that is just below the previous boss that has the tunnel you all went through to get to the room.

DPS boss, look out for the lightning things on the ground.

When she goes to sacrifice a follower, hang out, tell jokes, etc, if someone accidentally died, BR them with jumper cables or a druid, etc.

Ok, she has her enraged buff and heads back to you, by the time she gets to you it has worn off.

DPS her down, have her take back off, get the buff again, rinse repeat...

Loot body, get the Christmas hat and the achievement. :D

Now if anyone has any suggestions on the last boss, he is a pain in the butt.

I have managed to do it once and I had to just survive the insanity period cause I could not kill anything cause the healers were too well geared.
Therigwin
Eternity Matters of Eldre'Thalas
Therigwin

Postby Veilan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 pm

I find the timed event pretty easy, though I did fail it twice (!) despite normally acing it because at some point some random got sloppy, and bam. The instance isn't very forgiving. I like it.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:14 am

You can LoS Insanity around the big round pillars, and the shadow images go pouf upon spawning.

You can also sneak around the boss to burn the corpse before engaging the last boss, if you're somehow pressed for time.

The Pull Across Waterfall strat works for the first boss' achievement as well -- you pull him to the entrance of the instance, and don't have to worry about Guardians, unless your DPS is really, really bad.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:28 am

fuzzygeek wrote:You can LoS Insanity around the big round pillars, and the shadow images go pouf upon spawning.

As far as I know, the LoS trick has been hotfixed two weeks ago.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Next

Return to General Strats