Glory of the Hero

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Maat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:48 pm

With borrowing the drakes from normal mode, we typically have 8-9 minutes left on the clock by the time we reach Eregos. Eregos himself takes ~2-3 minutes. And we're in 213 gear for the most part (we killed Volazj for his achievement too afterwards without any spell cast modifying stuff)

So that is 5-6 minutes to kill 7 constructs and all of that drake trash? a little too tight to imagine getting it in 20 minutes with it normally.
Maat

Postby DracoTB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 am

moduspwnens wrote:I just did it last night with a bad healer and it wasn't that bad. Just keep Consecration up and have your fingers on the panic buttons once the Golems come out. I died almost immediately after getting the achievement (from the adds) so it wasn't easy, but I got it. A single tick of anything will keep them off of Brann until your party is dead.

Did H HoS for the first time today. We got the event done but not the achievement. What I noticed was that several mobs ran straight across my consecrate without agroing on me. Makes it difficult to stop him being damaged :(
DracoTB

Postby Aurelie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 am

DracoTB wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:I just did it last night with a bad healer and it wasn't that bad. Just keep Consecration up and have your fingers on the panic buttons once the Golems come out. I died almost immediately after getting the achievement (from the adds) so it wasn't easy, but I got it. A single tick of anything will keep them off of Brann until your party is dead.

Did H HoS for the first time today. We got the event done but not the achievement. What I noticed was that several mobs ran straight across my consecrate without agroing on me. Makes it difficult to stop him being damaged :(

The first time I did this instance I was able to get this achievement (I hadn't even done it on normal mode). I found having the party stand at the top of the stairs rather than in the room made it easier for me to pick them up. Keeping consecrate to one of the sides also helped, being that it doesn't quite span the whole stairwell. Just keep an eye on the other side and be prepared to throw an as and tab HotR back and forth between sides and you'll be able to hold them all.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Arca » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 am

sandmaster wrote:
got Dehydration left to do in VH now, not sure how to persuade my dps to actually try for it :(

Its actually easier to do the boss by getting the achievement. You dont in anyway attempt to individually kill the elementals, but use the defense crystals positioned around the room.

Just tank the boss in a corner (I use the one near Lavanthor) and have a dps wait near a crystal and click it with 3-4 charges left on the water shield. They all get zapped, dps moves to a new crystal, repeat. After 3? or so crystals, boss enrages, you kill it.
Arca

Postby daemonym » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:02 am

got a few questions about some of these achievements, any help is appreciated.

dehydration - is there a certian % that the boss spawns the adds at? since the crystals have a delay it would be a lot easier to get a heads up when to hit one. and when they enrage, do the adds stop coming?

watch him die - now that you can't kite, do you just have 1 tank on the boss and 1 on the 3 watchers and have them separated as much as possible to the boss tank n dps don't get wrapped? can the web wraps be out ranged? i don't see how you can do this one without kiting as if your healer or add tank gets wrapped it's game over right then.

respect your elders - is the range between 1 side and the other of this room far enough for the immunity to go away? can 1 healer keep the add tank and boss tank alive without serious issues?

hadranox denied - aoe all the spiders down then kite the boss around so the adds that comes don't get killed by the poison he does, this how to do it?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am

daemonym wrote:watch him die - now that you can't kite, do you just have 1 tank on the boss and 1 on the 3 watchers and have them separated as much as possible to the boss tank n dps don't get wrapped? can the web wraps be out ranged? i don't see how you can do this one without kiting as if your healer or add tank gets wrapped it's game over right then.

You can't kite anymore? I thought you just couldn't abuse the terrain pathing with the ledge anymore. I haven't been able to get a guild group to do this instance (or anything) recently, so I don't know. Stupid festival, lol.
Kelaan

Postby daemonym » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:59 am

Kelaan wrote:
daemonym wrote:watch him die - now that you can't kite, do you just have 1 tank on the boss and 1 on the 3 watchers and have them separated as much as possible to the boss tank n dps don't get wrapped? can the web wraps be out ranged? i don't see how you can do this one without kiting as if your healer or add tank gets wrapped it's game over right then.

You can't kite anymore? I thought you just couldn't abuse the terrain pathing with the ledge anymore. I haven't been able to get a guild group to do this instance (or anything) recently, so I don't know. Stupid festival, lol.

according to this post it was changed in the patch.

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=19617&sid=dbe752af0cfb0c8dfe1f59f42044fc3d
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 am

daemonym wrote:got a few questions about some of these achievements, any help is appreciated.

dehydration - is there a certian % that the boss spawns the adds at? since the crystals have a delay it would be a lot easier to get a heads up when to hit one. and when they enrage, do the adds stop coming?

watch him die - now that you can't kite, do you just have 1 tank on the boss and 1 on the 3 watchers and have them separated as much as possible to the boss tank n dps don't get wrapped? can the web wraps be out ranged? i don't see how you can do this one without kiting as if your healer or add tank gets wrapped it's game over right then.

respect your elders - is the range between 1 side and the other of this room far enough for the immunity to go away? can 1 healer keep the add tank and boss tank alive without serious issues?

hadranox denied - aoe all the spiders down then kite the boss around so the adds that comes don't get killed by the poison he does, this how to do it?

Dehydradion: Adds spawn when he runs out of shield charges, which can be tracked via his buff bar. So, just hit the switch shortly before he runs out.

Watch Him Die: Tank the watchers and interrupt the wrap stun. No need for two tanks.

Respect Your Elders: The room should be big enough to off-tank the add at the other end. If not, you can still bring the boss a certain distance outside of his room.

Hadranox Denied: Either kill the mobs fast enough to get down to him, or reset the event. To reset the event, you have a rogue/hunter pull the first pack and vanish/feign. At this point, run down to the hole at the bottom and the boss will spawn right when you get there (or a bit later if you have the hunter speed aura). At this point, you will benefit greatly from two things: Heroism and Wound Poison/Mortal Strike. The goal is to kill him before the adds get to him, but that is not likely (I've never done it). So... just out-DPS his healing. We've killed him without both of those abilities, you just need good DPS and poison cleansing.

You do NOT want to kill the adds on Hadranox. They deal enough damage on their own that they occasionally kill him before you get a chance to engage him.
Belloc

Postby DanimalEQ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 am

A note regarding Dehydration.

I generally pick the boss up where he stands, then keep my back to one of the crystals. Once he explodes, he punts me about 10 feet from a crystal.

They removed the channel time on the use of the crystals now, so I just use it after he explodes.

Then run back into place and pick up the boss, positioning him with my back to the next crystal. Repeat a third time, and it's done.

It may be easier for a ranged dps to do the crystals, but since I'm getting punted anyway, it allows them to have some more face time with the boss, instead of having to move around to the next crystal.
DanimalEQ

Postby Thorgred » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm struggling through it with pugs.

Oculus void achievements are hard now that 5-greens doesn't work. Going to need to do 5-Amber and 3 Red/2 Green.

Gotta Go!- Time nerfed to 4 mins and haven't gone back, but we were getting within seconds of 2 mins doing it this way:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5034&sid=1
Basically he doesn't cast, pound or swarm, unless there is someone in melee range. play taunt-ping-pong with a hunter.

A Void Dance - someone always seems to accidentally kill one add. annoying.

Better off Dred. ugh.
Basically i'm working my way though, slowly, without going out of my way to stack groups for it. should be fun.
Thorgred

Postby Threatco » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:06 am

I need haddronox. Havent had the reset aggro classes when I went.

I need watch him die. 2 with 1 stone. Kite or tank/interupt?

I need the 3 OC drake color ones. Ughh I hate that place SO much! I have the time OC one though, my guildie got his red drake off that run heh.

I need consumption junction. (I just understand this one get this one) It's the first boss of DTK.

So close, yet so far.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Seloei » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:18 am

dehydration - have your healer stand near a crystal and tell the dps to burn anything that spawns near the boss, stun/root/snare if need be. When he blows up, click the crystal.

watch him die - kill the adds on the first 2 packs, shield toss the last pack and run to the start, have a plate class tank him

hadronox denied - Did you open up your christmas present or were you a naughty boy and didn't get one? Use the racer to drive into the big spider and it will reset. Run down, nuke, done (he will do one leech poison at most, 3 manned it one time, gotta love random dc's)

respect your elders - If before you used to turn right when heading to the boss, this time, turn left and clear the bigger room. Pull the boss down behind the stairs by a plate class and he will be able to tank him. Hold the adds yourself at the stair, with 1.5k BV and holy shield you can live for ~2 minutes.

Also, think there was someone who posted a detailed guide how to do all the heroic achievements just last week.

edit: for "Respect your Elders". If you pull him up by the stairs in the side rooms he will enrage. Haven't tried pulling him downstairs to the 3. boss tho
Seloei

Postby MrDuck » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:18 am

Well, just done like 10 of those today, the hardest one imo was Watch him Die.

We tried to kill skirmishers and then nuke the boss, didnt work well, we tried to just nuke the boss, no way (and we had pretty good dpsers, basically i gathered some of the best of our lazy guild), then we tried to play it safe..i popped seal of light, kept sacred shield on myself, resto shammy used poison cleansing totem, and we pulled one pack by one, killed small adds, i died 2 times when pulling the 3rd pack, when i got the disease, poison and aoe stun at a time..then we just easily killed all the small adds, i waited a bit to pull the boss after the aoe stun, howeve the stun wasnt coming,so we just nuked the boss like if there was no end and then finished watchers.

We had problems on skadi tho, tried to do both achievements at once, but when 5th harpoon dropped, it was already like 11s till the timer ends :o So we just took 6th harpoon to be safe and nuked him down, however, is that true we cant grab harpoons and reset the event any more? If so, how are we supposed to get him down fast enough?
MrDuck

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:36 am

Thorgred wrote:
Better off Dred. ugh.

The way I handled this was by keeping the mobs from the first raptor pack and just killing every other mob that wouldn't count for the achievement (essentially the riders and their mounts). Pulled a few more near the boss and then the boss himself. AOE'd them down, blew shield wall, killed the boss.

If you have a shaman, Tremor Totem wins the fight. Good luck!
Belloc

Postby Seloei » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 am

dunno, i know i've reset the boss after the event has started and did it last week. Before the "hotfix" but after 3.0.8
For the 2 lodi dodi skadi whatever you can start the event, go farm 1-2 harpoons each from the dudes there. Reset the event by running to the stasis room and then run quickly back to where they spawn.
Then someone goes to start, starts the event you use holy wrath+consecrate and aoe all of them down, pickup any harpoons you find and harpoon the boss down.
Seloei

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats