Remove Advertisements

Glory of the Hero

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Treck » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Joanadark wrote:BTW, all the exploits for Less-Rabi have been fixed. Spell Lockout no longer works.
The encounter is still completely trivialized by just bringing 5 DPS however. Screw interrupts. If he dies in 20 seconds, it doesnt matter.

Not True.
Have done it now a few days in a row to get ppl the achievement before they actually DO fix it.
Altho we use a rogue or tbh anyone to pull him up the stairs, let him transform, then making sure he gets out of combat (vanish, dying, FD etc)
and pick him up when he is running back. Still works.

Joanadark wrote:Theres also alot of dissinformation about Gotta Go. No, multiple casting speed reductions do NOT stack any more. Yes they used to, but now they do not. So trying to cheese the acheivement by bringing rogue+warlock+core hound isnt going to do you any good.

I havnt even tried on thisone after i got it, in case the slowcasting debuffs stack or not. However can very well be done with only one slowcasting debuff. Altho dont rly wanna go back here giving ppl Proto Drakes, since our group is still the only one serverwide who managed, lets keep it rare, since when the nerf strikes, it wont be.
Treck

Postby Karador » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Multiple instances of cast slows do not stack on him anymore for Gotta Go! Bring a rogue or lock for that and use an off-spec to heal ( we used a ele shaman )

Was pretty fun overall but all the QQ about Gotta Go! that is making Blizz nerf it is gonna kill me now. Once i got a group to try it we were done in 7 pulls..... People just need to not suck overall as a group to get it in 2 minutes.

Like someone said earlier... Glad i have a timestamp on my drake / achievement because red drakes are gonna be every where when they nerf it >.>
Karador

Postby Daida » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Obviously the Achievement is not overtuned if you have to bring a WL/rogue and no healer. Oh ... wait
Daida

Postby Joanadark » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 am

Not True.
Have done it now a few days in a row to get ppl the achievement before they actually DO fix it.
Altho we use a rogue or tbh anyone to pull him up the stairs, let him transform, then making sure he gets out of combat (vanish, dying, FD etc)

What youre describing is not an exploit, its actually confirmed by blue as the INTENDED way to beat Less Rabi.
My group just happened to do it successfuly the hard way.

However can very well be done with only one slowcasting debuff.

Certainly. My group only had Mind Numbing.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:16 am

Joanadark wrote:
Not True.

What youre describing is not an exploit, its actually confirmed by blue as the INTENDED way to beat Less Rabi.
My group just happened to do it successfuly the hard way.

However can very well be done with only one slowcasting debuff.

Certainly. My group only had Mind Numbing.

Would you mind linking to that blue post?
Belloc

Postby sandmaster » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Choas theory: AoE healer + shadow res aura + JoL + fairly good dps = win

Defenseless: pallytank? Just conc and none will go through, i don't think i've ever gone through VH hc without getting this?

got Dehydration left to do in VH now, not sure how to persuade my dps to actually try for it :(

Less-rabi and and 2 min kills in OK and AN seem pretty hard, the oculus ones will also be annoying, final boss seems hard enough with a good selection! Maybe no yellow/amber but no green would be mighty hard.
sandmaster

Postby Senador » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:45 pm

By Chaos Theory do you mean Void Dance? And if so, then yeah, that's pretty much it.

Dehydration is actually very easy if you have a DPS that knows what to do. The boss has a counter on how many hits before it splits. When it hits about 5 or less, have a DPS run over to a crystal and start hitting it. By the time the elementals spawn, the crystal will wipe them out, and it'll reform. Repeat two more times with 2 other crystals (I recomend the ones on the bottom, one is right next to it's cell, one near the Dog's cell and one near the Arrakoa's).

AN going to 4 minutes will be fairly simple, as I reguarly do it now with 3 to 3:30 with decent groups. Oculus is annoying, but the hardest "Void" I found was Ruby Void as it is the only one with no whelp control. Amber Void can use healing and Martyr/Evasive to outlast it, and Emerald Void can just blow him up very quickly (If your Amber's know what they are doing).
Senador

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 pm

best way to get red void is the 5 ambers strat.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Lore » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Joanadark wrote:best way to get red void is the 5 ambers strat.

Which is incidentally also the best way to get emerald void and the 20min one.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Senador » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 pm

I agree with that, however, it seemed to take a bit of coordination. If you can pull it off, great. The Emerald Void strat I often give people is a 2 Ruby/3 Amber which essentially functions the same as 5 Amber, except instead of "Blow him really damn fast" strat it uses the Rubies to control the Whelps and soak damage with Evasive/martyr during the small windows of no time stops. It also requires only 3 people to coordinate instead of 5 and is thus easier to not screw up.
Senador

Postby ARogers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Lore wrote:

That 20-min timer is waht I dread. A friend and I have been teaming up for these, and he keeps wanting to try the occulus ones. 20-min from first boss to last seems outrageous. If you figure 3min a boss, that is 9min on just boss fights. 11min for all of the trash including all the protector guys seems like very very little.
ARogers

Postby Lore » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:24 pm

It's a bit of a gear check yeah, but if you've been doing heroics and maybe a little 10man you should be fine.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Cowadin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Lore wrote:It's a bit of a gear check yeah, but if you've been doing heroics and maybe a little 10man you should be fine.

just do occulus on regular to the first boss, have everyone get they're preferred drake for a easy kill, and then die (die, not jump off). when everyone is in ghost form switch from regular to heroic. run in, you have dragons.

kill everything other than 1 of the 10 constructs (it bugs otherwise) and then kill the first boss.. 1 construct.. 2nd boss, 3rd boss.

my group finished with 9 minutes on the timer on our first try, no naxx gear on any of us at the time.

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

nice exploit and it's certainly tempting.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:23 pm

ARogers wrote:
Lore wrote:

That 20-min timer is waht I dread. A friend and I have been teaming up for these, and he keeps wanting to try the occulus ones. 20-min from first boss to last seems outrageous. If you figure 3min a boss, that is 9min on just boss fights. 11min for all of the trash including all the protector guys seems like very very little.

3 minutes per boss seems excessive to me.
I don't think the timer should be challenging for a competant group. Basically the only requirement is that you dont wipe on anything.

in naxx gear, you kill it fast enough that you can actually afford 2-3 attempts on the last boss with a normal setup.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats