Glory of the Hero

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Gundrak - Interrupt boss
Gundrak - Last boss
Azer`nerob - Anub 2 minute thing
Azer`nerob - First boss (omgz help me)

Tried for hours on interrupt boss, and oh so many times getting the cast at 1%, beeing unable to stop dots from killing him.
"Cheated" or whatever, making a hunter/rogue pull it up the stairs, letting it cast transform, then they drop combat, on the way back the rest of the party picks him up, while he is transformed he cant transform, thus getting the achievement.
Would love to keep trying the "right" way if it didnt mean waiting a day for it to reset every time you fail at those low %.

On last boss tho, since the MT cant be impaled, you need an OT. basicly brought 2 healers, 2 tanks and one dps for the fight, since it lasted for 12 minutes (2nd healer just didnt wanna get impaled).

Even tho i dont like to say it, ive dont the first boss achievement in azjol 3-4 times now, rly seems hard pulling it strategecly etc etc so we just "brute forced" it, tank it all, aoe stun shieldwall and hope for the best.

Prot Paladin
Rogue - (hat bug w00h00 lol)
Resto Shammy
Warlock
Fury Warrior

Im not that into rogues, but i beleave the "bug" appplies if you stack them up, not with only one rogue.
Smth to do with them multiplying every critt into combopionts.
so 2 HaT rogues = 2CP for every critt from the party.
I dont see a reason to only bring one (Mindnumbing tho ^^)

And finally we actually managed to do Gotta go! Yey mount ^^
Setup:
Protpally
Hunter (Yes corehound, AND snake trap) makes all the differance.
TG warr
Enha shaman
Shadowpriest (Offhealing along with me)
The setup isnt that important that it "needs" THAT class in THAT specc, altho it does (imo) really do require Casting slows.
Mindnumbing, Corehound, and even CoT from warlocks stack iirc.
Altho decided to boot the warlock (even with his imbadots) for a shaman, since doing it like we did, required burst dps + hero more than dots slowly ticking down while hes underground.
(Hero used at 40sec left of achievement aka mid P2)
Treck

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:04 pm

I don't really understand this "reset" trick on the interrupt/transform boss. I understand having one person pull him away and letting him transform and then dropping combat... what I don't understand is that dropping combat will cause him to reset (evade) until he reaches his spawn point, at which point he should revert to his original form (does he?).

So, how is it supposed to work? Are you supposed to attack him after he has reset, but before he has reverted (if possible)?
Belloc

Postby Senador » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:06 pm

He doesn't actually evade as he is running back (You can do this by simply having the person who agro's him throw something at him, run up the ramp and zone out too). Or, if he does evade, you can usually still snag him before he transforms back.

He will run back, as a mammoth (Usually transforms about halfway up the stairs giving the kiter tons of time), and can be grabbed before he transforms back.
Senador

Postby Cowadin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Belloc wrote:I don't really understand this "reset" trick on the interrupt/transform boss. I understand having one person pull him away and letting him transform and then dropping combat... what I don't understand is that dropping combat will cause him to reset (evade) until he reaches his spawn point, at which point he should revert to his original form (does he?).

So, how is it supposed to work? Are you supposed to attack him after he has reset, but before he has reverted (if possible)?

actually the way we did it -- kill to 20% and then kite up the ramp towards the entrance. hunter stayed back at the bosses spawn point. the rest of the group killed the boss until <5k hp, and then we all died (hunter had already feigned). the boss is evading the entire time on the way back (he was in troll form for us while resetting) but then right wen he gets to his spawn spot there is a split second between still evading and getting full health back as he resets. our hunter just swung his axe and killed him right at this point.

note, we had not interrupted a single cast. it seems the encounter resets during that split second before he gets full hp, so it's as if the hunter solo'd the boss... in 1 swing.

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Cowadin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Treck wrote:
Hunter (Yes corehound, AND snake trap) makes all the differance.

do these stacks? as i remember all the slowing abilities used to stack (and you could get like 9 second pounds or something) but that got hotfixed. but i never thought about the snake trap mindnumbing possibly still stacking.

anyone know? if you did it with that^ group, were his pounds 6.1 seconds or were they more?

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Mind numbing and core hound lava breath DO indeed stack.
Wiped a few times since the mindnumbing is a procc from the serpents from the trap, and sometimes it doesnt even get applied.
Original cast is like 3 sec, lavabreath on that.. like 4.5sec, mindnubing on that, id say 5.5 rough numbers. (6.1 might be the right number, have asked a friend to send the Fraps, can check there when i get it)
Tried with a warlock aswell, CoT do stack ASWELL lol, so iirc we have 7.7sec casts :shock:
Mindnumbing from hunter and rogues do not stack however, since they are the same spell, and Rogue poison overwrites the serpent one since i think it is a tad bit better.

Altho, i think they did hotfix the encounter somewhat, since when we tried it the first few times a bit more than a week ago (had to beg our GM to lvl his corehound :P) we managed ONCE to get him from 75% to below 50% (hero on the start and prolly THE best timed pound at 75,5% or so :P) and when the addphase came we had 2 of the meele spiders.
However every try we managed today we got the first P2 adds, aswell as the second P2 adds aswell, so 4 meele adds and 2 venomancers, dunno if it was hoyfixed to work this way or not but happened every time (good indication to see if you managed to pull below 50%, or if you should just wipe it there.
However, it shouldnt matter that much, even if the P2 is a bit longer, you still wont have time for more than one P2, thus skipping 2 are the only way as i see it atleast.
Treck

Postby Cowadin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:24 pm

hmmm icic. so you could, theoretically, have CoT, Mind-numbing, and lava breath all at once, assuming that combo of a group could still pump out the necessary dps. i could imagine it being a problem as 1 caster in a melee group has much less synergy, and a hunter that has to get the BM 51 point talent is going to do much less damage than a 50/21 hunter, afaik. i guess it would depend on exactly how much bonus time you got from the extra spell.

as far as getting adds -- if you successfully get him sub 50 before the first burrow you SHOULD get 6 adds. its 2 at 75% and 4 at 50 and 25. so yea, on a perfect run he burrows, kill 6 adds, then kill before another burrow.

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:08 pm

A (imo) very optimal setup would prolly be:
Hunder with corehound
Destrowarlock (since of all the speccs i think its still the best burst dps specc)
Enha shaman (for hero)
Retripaladin (for offhealing between phases)
and ofc allways a Tankadin.
Then you get all slows at the same time (limiting the amount of luck needed to succed)
At first we just went all out in the start "hoping" for a good cast, but after a few wipes with "bad luck" we decided to slow down dps a bit. It works, but you need to be lucky 2times this fight in that case.
Dpsing him to 85%, then only light dps, so white autohits etc, if every debuff is up at the boss at 85% we just waited for the next cast, to go all out asap when he started casting, worked better than just nuking hoping for it to happen in a good time, sure we had about 5-10more % to nuke down, but with the proper dps we had it wasnt that much of a problem.
Then do the same when he surfaces, get the debuffs up. take him fast to about 35% then slow dps, and ALL out as soon as he starts casting again.
Track the achievement, and when theres 40sec left, Bloodlust/Hero, since it will be over in 40sec, one way or another.
Treck

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:12 am

Wow... must have gotten some really good luck then... I've got all the HVH achievements now... I think it took me around 5-6 runs to get them (got the achivements the same run the legs and trinket dropped :D )

and as for the Hadronox one... we basically just pulled him with all the trash, and had 2 unholy DK's and a hunter for DPS... and the healer just healed me through tanking the adds - they dropped like a rock, and the boss blew up shortly after

also did it the other night (after I already had it) with a group that didn't consisting of 2 mages, resto shaman, rogue and myself tanking... was still pretty much a joke...

As far as the other achievements... it would seem that the oculus ones will be my last ones... as no one really wants to run that at all...

They haven't been that bad so far...

Gotten most of the ones that are easy, or just take a small adjustment...

Still working to get groups for most of the gimmick ones... (Watch him Die, Gotta Go!, etc)

Really can't wiat to get this whole meta- achievement done... but I will say - having something like this to shoot for definitely makes heroics a lot mroe fun :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:51 am

For anyone stuck on Share the Love, I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not before but you really don't need 2 full tanks, just 1 + a class that can taunt.

Get your first 4 members impaled then when its time for you to get impaled, have your DPS warrior/Ret Paladin/DPS druid taunt the boss right after the boss does the AOE stomp. The boss only charges after the stomp, so have your DPS taunt the boss, hope you get impaled, if not taunt the boss back and continue. If you do get impaled, the boss in all likelihood will eat your DPS, but I believe the boss goes after whoever is second on threat after that (which should be you even if you're on the horn still). Just make sure you bring a good healer because the boss hits fairly hard and you could be waiting a long time to get impaled.
antiy4ho0

Postby Joanadark » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:25 am

BTW, all the exploits for Less-Rabi have been fixed. Spell Lockout no longer works.
The encounter is still completely trivialized by just bringing 5 DPS however. Screw interrupts. If he dies in 20 seconds, it doesnt matter.

Theres also alot of dissinformation about Gotta Go. No, multiple casting speed reductions do NOT stack any more. Yes they used to, but now they do not. So trying to cheese the acheivement by bringing rogue+warlock+core hound isnt going to do you any good.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 am

Joanadark wrote:BTW, all the exploits for Less-Rabi have been fixed. Spell Lockout no longer works.
The encounter is still completely trivialized by just bringing 5 DPS however. Screw interrupts. If he dies in 20 seconds, it doesnt matter.

Theres also alot of dissinformation about Gotta Go. No, multiple casting speed reductions do NOT stack any more. Yes they used to, but now they do not. So trying to cheese the acheivement by bringing rogue+warlock+core hound isnt going to do you any good.
I believe that the corehound cast slow still stacks with the snake poison slow... but that's it. Mind-numbing does not stack with Curse of Tongues. Though, it's highly likely that the corehound one was fixed in the past couple of days.
Belloc

Postby Senador » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 am

Wow... must have gotten some really good luck then... I've got all the HVH achievements now... I think it took me around 5-6 runs to get them (got the achivements the same run the legs and trinket dropped )

Hate...

It took 19 days of running it for the Void Walker to even spawn, and I still havent seen the trinket from the stupid dog.
Senador

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:10 am

Just check wowhead and read comments.... the thing he said about exploits yeah. Thats pretty much it I just have got to go left. I'm thinking of speccing into ret/prot for that.
Lowgrus

Postby Karador » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:01 am

Gotta Go! Setup we used

Prot Pally - Me
Ele Shaman
Combat Sword Rogue
Unholy DK
TG Warrior

Took about 7 tries total to get it. I really hope they don't make it 4 minutes because every scrub in the game can get it then. At least leave something hard blizz since you made Naxx 10 / 25 basically a snooze fest along with the other 10's and 25's.
Karador

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats