http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2136

I'm basically here currently (have these left to do):

Azjol-Nerub
Gotta Go!

Violet Hold
Lockdown!

Oculus
Make It Count

...and I have strategies for all of them, really. Just need some luck on who I get in VH and a decent group for Oculus.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Invisusira » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:36 am

I think you can safely say:

1) Yes.
2) "Trying" is the operative word.
Invisusira

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am

Screw oculus.

I hate that they've got stupid puppet mechanics everywhere.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:40 am

On and off.

Got Intense Cold and the Halls of Lightnings ones so far. Would have gotten the UK one (On the Rocks) last night, except our healer got chain iceblocked.

I'll probably work on them as I farm badges, though the only really annoying ones seem to be the Occulus ones, simply because of how many times you have to run it on heroic to get them all, and the Tribunal one from Halls of Stone (But if you scrub it, you can just let Brann die to reset it so its not so bad if you can manage with the event).
Senador

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 am

Senador wrote:and the Tribunal one from Halls of Stone (But if you scrub it, you can just let Brann die to reset it so its not so bad if you can manage with the event).

I just did it last night with a bad healer and it wasn't that bad. Just keep Consecration up and have your fingers on the panic buttons once the Golems come out. I died almost immediately after getting the achievement (from the adds) so it wasn't easy, but I got it. A single tick of anything will keep them off of Brann until your party is dead.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Torquemada » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 am

Chaos Theory was easy. Some of those looks like a severe PITA.
Torquemada

Postby Invisusira » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 am

BTW, Chaos Theory is HARD. Tried to do that the other day. Even with good dps, you still have to sit there and wait forever for him to come back since you're not killing the voids.
Invisusira

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

Invisusira wrote:BTW, Chaos Theory is HARD. Tried to do that the other day.

Naw, you just have to have a plan. A lot of these achievements seem impossible at first, until you get the trick. It takes a thinking group, but you can do it. I haven't technically got it yet but I believe I have a working strategy.

And by "trick," I mean borderline exploiting. Several of these achievements fall into that category.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Torquemada » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

Invisusira wrote:BTW, Chaos Theory is HARD. Tried to do that the other day. Even with good dps, you still have to sit there and wait forever for him to come back since you're not killing the voids.

Sorry, I read the wrong one. I meant Defenseless. VH is the new BM, only no rounding up the entire instance to 1-pull and clear. Which actually makes me sad.

I apologize for the mis-read. I've been transfered to a unit that's boring as Hell, and I've had 2 16 oz Red Bulls today and been here since 7(12:45 atm) with another 3 or so hours with nothing to do except not fall asleep.
Torquemada

Postby Invisusira » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:50 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Invisusira wrote:BTW, Chaos Theory is HARD. Tried to do that the other day.

Naw, you just have to have a plan. A lot of these achievements seem impossible at first, until you get the trick. It takes a thinking group, but you can do it. I haven't technically got it yet but I believe I have a working strategy.

And by "trick," I mean borderline exploiting. Several of these achievements fall into that category.

ss or it didn't happen.
Invisusira

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:53 am

My last experience with Tribunal involved our only AE coming from a mediocre moonkin. We were doing fine until the end. In retrospect, Brann was at 88% so we weren't that far off.

However, I do not look forward to spinning the dice on Violet Hold and guessing which bosses decide to spawn for the achievements.
Senador

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am

Senador wrote:However, I do not look forward to spinning the dice on Violet Hold and guessing which bosses decide to spawn for the achievements.

Yeah. That part kinda sucks.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Re: Glory of the Hero

Postby thomase » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am

Chaos Theory - He doesn't leash :lol: We did him on the two platforms. THe lightening forks only hit the closest person and if anyone else is in range.

Split Personality - Not too hard, make sure you do it for both sets. Just dps them down slowly.. dont really hit hard.

Lockdown - Luck of the spawns i guess :P
A Void Dance - DK AMZ is retarded for something like this. Still requires alot of DPS.

Less-rabi - A warlock for CoT would really help, and a shaman or such with an itchy shock finger.
Share the Love - Have to have an OT. The MT will never gear get gored.

Good Grief - Nukefest

Zombiefest! - If you run through the gauntlet and kill all the elites without arthas they still respawn. Group up and kill ded.

Emerald Void - stack ambers (3-4 + red for multi target )
Ruby Void - stack ambers (3+Green)
Amber Void - stack emeralds and have two reds.
thomase

Postby Ranluka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 am

I got a couple on accident my first time in H Halls of Lightning last night. Frankly I think I'll finish checking off my Heroic Dungeon achievements before I start worrying about that one ><
Ranluka

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Well the worst part is, I don't particularly enjoy Violet Hold that much...

If I wanted the "Waves of Mobs" type dungeon encounter, Stratholme does it better, has 4 bosses (5 timed) and is in general more enjoyable. The only thing VH has going for it, is being in the Dalaran; which causes its own issues as there isn't a summoning stone there, and there is always one fool who is far away and has their hearth on cool down (Unless I'm just completely blind and missed a summoning stone in the middle of Dalaran, which is very possible...).
Senador

Next

Return to General Strats