Remove Advertisements

Instance completion times?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Instance completion times?

Postby Magatris » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:07 am

I tend to be limited on the amount I get to play each night, from work and my family. I would like to see if anyone would show about how long each WotLK dungeon can be completed in. Suppose you are in an actual decent group with comparable gear for the instance's lvl. I'm more interested in the normal instances, though I'm sure many would like to know the heroic times also. Thank you ahead of time.

-Mag
Magatris - Lightbringer - Level 80 Protection/Holy
Magatris

Postby Selinaria » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 am

Most of em, assuming what you said about appropriate gear and competent people, are cleared in less than an hour.

In most instances, there is nothing to really prevent chain pulling on normal difficulty so you can make a lot of the runs as low as half an hour.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Magatris » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 am

Heck ya. I was getting worried about only being able to run an instance on the weekend lol.
Magatris

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:45 am

if your group is quality, 45min is average for most of them. Some, like VH may be quicker. Strat is a 40 minute sprint and would be even faster if you didn't have to wait on arthas' slow ass.
Chunes

Postby Mortehl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 am

Chunes wrote:if your group is quality, 45min is average for most of them. Some, like VH may be quicker. Strat is a 40 minute sprint and would be even faster if you didn't have to wait on arthas' slow ass.

Strat can and is regularly done in under 25 minutes :P
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 am

Just get in a fight with your wife on the phone, pull 2-3 groups in Utgarde Keep, and you're done in about 30 minutes.

Yeah ... that happened.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:49 am

Mortehl wrote:
Chunes wrote:if your group is quality, 45min is average for most of them. Some, like VH may be quicker. Strat is a 40 minute sprint and would be even faster if you didn't have to wait on arthas' slow ass.

Strat can and is regularly done in under 25 minutes :P

Yeah you can do the timer in under 30, but the loreLOL and arthas travel time takes at least 10 minutes by itself.
Chunes

Postby Ursula » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:27 am

Hey Magatris, realistically give yourself an hour - even more to find the group, get to the instance, summon people, get through the instance. For PuGs you might wipe once or twice, but that's not easy to do on normal mode. But yeah, you CAN clear these instances in less than thirty minutes - but unless everyone in the party is in a rhythm with farming instances I would take an hour out of my day.
Ursula

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:40 am

Most of the instances take about an hour, to account for summoning (That one guy that sits in the Battleground until the other 4 are there, and insists on waiting for the BG to finish before taking the summon...) and one or two wipes on gimmicky bosses (Loken, Tribunal, Skaldi, etc).

Stratholme, not counting the lore parts is a little shorter, AN is very short as well (I think I was clocking in runs at around 13 minutes at 72 as my record before I was really trying). Violet Hold is obviously short due to the nature of the instance. The rest seem about a solid 45 minutes or so (Old Kingdom, Gundrak, Halls of Lightning & Stone, Pinacle).
Senador

Postby Magatris » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Great info. :) I think I'm going to like the lot of shorter instances now. Yea for now I'm stuck with PUG's but we're slowly working a five man team up just for the purpose of hitting a run a night for us working people lol.

-Mag
Magatris

Postby Makaijin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:41 pm

One of the fastest instance to do, if done smoothly and no wipes, would most definitely be Heroic Azjol-Nerub. That instance has like 3 bosses, with like 4 trash packs total if you exclude the trash packs next to the first boss (the trash are linked to the boss). We clear this place with 15 minutes every time for the past few days. But at the same time, it's actually one of the harder heroics too do, and you WILL wipe a lot at the beginning.
Makaijin

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:03 am

Azjol Nerub - 15 min clear
Utgarde Keep - 19 min clear
Stratholme - 30 min clear (keep missing timer :()
Occulus - 29 min clear
Nexus - 18min clear
Violet Hold - 22 min clear

All depends how good your group is, I tend to not stop pulling unless we need to res.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:52 pm

We are a "slow" group, mostly BC T4 geared.
most instances can be done in 45min to an hour.
Azjol, gundrak & Voilet hold can be zerged in 30mins if you keep up the pace.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:34 am

Gundrak can be cleared in under 30 minutes. Normal of course.
Losbullitt

Postby Andryana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:45 am

None of them takes longer than a hour, some can be cleared in 20-30 minutes, stratholme could be faster if it wasn't for all that RP and waiting for Arthas.

The fastest one is probably Violet Hold or Azjol Nerub(if you have a decent group for a smooth run).
Andryana

Next

Return to General Strats