Solo Broodlord in ZG

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Krazy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:02 am

Got the raptor today!

Now if I could just get the damn tiger to drop...*flips bird at thekal behind me*

BTW the spot in Cyra's picture works well, I still got feared but didn't move. Another way to do it is to run over the brown stone area on the left and get the boss up there on it close to the ledge. It's kind of an evade spot (you'll know you've got it when he ports you back to him and he wont move at all). In this spot he doesn't fear you at all, kinda pushing exploit territory here though, use at your own risk.
Krazy

Postby lirael » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 am

to get the raptor did you kill the raptor first then mando or the other way round?
Paladin 70
lirael

Postby Krazy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:02 pm

The mount drops from the boss himself...the raptor has no loot. Pretty sure I killed the boss first as I generally try to avoid killing the raptor first.

He does an enrage if you kill his raptor first so I pretty much always kill it last.

Pretty sure he drops the mount either way though.
Krazy

Postby lirael » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:57 pm

just did him omn the spot at the bottom of the stairs!
The fear doesn't send us away.

If you kill the raptor first (Mando was at 70% when i killed it) Mando enrages but not for that long and then it is pretty simple.

BUT i was told that the raptor had to be killed second for the mount to drop.

can anyone confirm or infirm?
Paladin 70
lirael

Postby Tropicana » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Just a rumor, like that you had to be exalted with argent dawn for Baron's deathcharger to drop. Kill order doesn't matter, the enrage only lasts 2 minutes. Random loot is random.

I like to keep the raptor up for the mana regen. Only hits for around 300-400 anyway, when he actually hits.
Lately I've been soloing everything in full ret gear, as prot, with just the prot libram and lavanthor's talisman trinket. Barely any avoidance, but even then, raptor is not an issue.
Tropicana

Postby lirael » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 am

i didn't set on killing (just a judgment here and there) but he killed himself on my shield, the idiot! :D

Thanks for the info
Paladin 70
lirael

Postby Akairos » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 am

I solo Bloodlord myself, when I do it I clear the room first off, being careful of the speaker dude.

I judge light and seal light as needed, usually useing wisdom.

I kill the raptor first (by accident the first time) the dmg increase is not a % is a static amount, he merely attacks faster, during that time, seal/judge light for 2 mins until enrage wears off.

The charge can be avoided by stopping auto attack in time.

All in all, simply kinda annoying, if needed, Bubble heal, and dire situations, LoH. There are also times after a fear where he watches you, during that time you can cast a heal on you.
The subtle tongue, the decieving guile,
they fail when the broadswords sing
Come in an die dogs...I was a man before I was king!
Maintankadin of <Inconceivable>
Akairos

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Akairos wrote:I solo Bloodlord myself, when I do it I clear the room first off, being careful of the speaker dude.

You can save a bunch of time by simply fighting him at the top of his ziggurat. He will fear you about halfway down the stairs, at which point you run back up to the top again.
Kelaan

Postby culhag » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 am

How I do Mandokir :
- pull a pack of mobs with him for mana regen
- tank him in a corner so you don't run when he fears
- use SoL/JoL
- if you get low, bubble / BoP yourself to heal
takes about 10mn to kill him

It may not be the most efficient way to kill him, but that's what i came up with.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 am

Interesting. I hada hard time avoiding fears; I appear to be doing it wrong. I'll try that, then. :D Any tricks on the trash packs? The ones that like to play knockback-funtimes from the entrance are annoying, hehe.

One thing I like about tanking Just Him is that I can often just cast a couple holy lights, especially if it's right after a fear is over. He does Mortal Strike, but not every rotation, it seems. Still, the time-to-kill for me is closer to 25 minutes, I think, and I wouldn't mind shaving that in half.

I tried getting the tiger boss down last week, and gave up again. :-( I think it's because I didn't go in with a faster HoJ. Are these soloable as ret? That might be a solution for me, as far as getting a burst through the heal. (low BV for the loss, I guess?)
Kelaan

Postby Zeels » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Kelaan wrote:Interesting. I hada hard time avoiding fears; I appear to be doing it wrong. I'll try that, then. :D Any tricks on the trash packs? The ones that like to play knockback-funtimes from the entrance are annoying, hehe.

One thing I like about tanking Just Him is that I can often just cast a couple holy lights, especially if it's right after a fear is over. He does Mortal Strike, but not every rotation, it seems. Still, the time-to-kill for me is closer to 25 minutes, I think, and I wouldn't mind shaving that in half.

I tried getting the tiger boss down last week, and gave up again. :-( I think it's because I didn't go in with a faster HoJ. Are these soloable as ret? That might be a solution for me, as far as getting a burst through the heal. (low BV for the loss, I guess?)

Read thread again!

No need to clear any trash, mount up, dodge ads, run up to the top of the stairs. When feared run back on top of stairs.

I'm repeating again: No need to kill any trash in the entire instance if you want to solo bloodlord.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Indeed. Their point was, it was easier to do it for them if they brought a trash pull WITH them, so that they could seal/judge light, while getting all of their mana from BoSanct. This could potentially turn what is (for me) a 20 minute fight into a 10 minute one.
Kelaan

Postby Zeels » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Kelaan wrote:Indeed. Their point was, it was easier to do it for them if they brought a trash pull WITH them, so that they could seal/judge light, while getting all of their mana from BoSanct. This could potentially turn what is (for me) a 20 minute fight into a 10 minute one.

Cool, have to try that :) .

Yes usually takes around 15 mins to solo him.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby culhag » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Addendum : in the trash packs near him, there are two warrior-like trolls (don't remember the exact name) that do a very annoying shield bash. You should kill at least one before focusing on Mandokir.

Also today I learnt the hard way that dps gear is not ideal. :roll:
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby superfula » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:10 pm

The topic is a bit old, but...

I'm also pulling a trash pack for mana regen, but I'll take out one of the champions first to cut down on the shield bashes. One thing I noticed today is that the blood drinker in the pack I pulled was healing himself by stealing life from Mandokir. On previous attempts I had killed the blood drinker first, as I thought he would steal my life.
superfula

Previous

Return to General Strats